test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Onslaught Ideas

itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
I've been thinking that Onslaught is pretty pathetic lately. Just one lame token farm with a pinata that won't fight back. It can also be pretty lame when time runs out and you still have so much health left.

So two things come to mind to try and keep things fresh and fun.

Volatile Mutation: Your onslaught mutation makes you bloodthirsty. If you don't sate your villain's thirst for mayhem, your mutation may become unstable and cause you to explode.

Kill Kill KILL!: Defeating UNTIL units or heroes with an Onslaught Supervillain will add 2 minutes to the duration of your transformation.

Also:

Deployable UNTIL units.

Heavy unit
Sky Carrier Barcelona particle cannon run
Summon 5 UNTIL Agents
Stasis Field Unit(Root sigil, breakable by minimal villain damage)

and the
Acceleration
Reversal
Supervillain
Enervator
(expensive particle mine that floors energy and knocks supervillain 400ft)
Brou in Cryptic games.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Not going to happen. There have been no additions/changes since after the initial fine tuning. It didn't take long for the devs to realize that this hybrid pve experiment was just a massive hot mess collusion festival and they've kept their distance ever since. I wager it would take too much time (given the limited resources) for them to rework it into something else (e.g. that the villains are pve things that spawn at various points in the city, more like the Megadetroid OM, and players fight them that way) or to just get rid of it, but players would be upset if the OV secondaries were removed, so it's going to stay as it is.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

Kill Kill KILL!: Defeating UNTIL units or heroes with an Onslaught Supervillain will add 2 minutes to the duration of your transformation.

I know this is a suggestion, but suggestions should be balanced if you don't want the devs to read them and go "pfft!" and immediately dismiss it.

2 mins is way, WAY, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. A single onslaught spot has 6 Until units already, so that's 12 minutes by itself, and 24 if you consider the Until HQ spots. Basically, you are almost getting an extra half an hour every 90 seconds that it takes the Until units to respawn.

A better suggestion would be that each soldier unit gives you 1 second, while each defender gives you 5 seconds. That way, the UNTIL HQ spot gives you 20 seconds back.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Or give up on Onslaught and move the rewards to other content that's more up to date. Sort of like what was done with Justice pieces.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The basic problem with onslaught is that it's intended as a pvp grind, and (a) a lot of people don't want to PvP, (b) anything PvP based is vulnerable to players colluding to efficiently farm.

The basic solution would be to take Onslaught gear and either eliminate it or move it to some new content, tweak Onslaught itself to require a positive decision to participate instead of being able to be tricked, and Onslaught becomes like other PvP -- a thing you do for fun if you like that sort of content, but not key to unlocking any particularly important rewards.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I could see Onslaught becoming a sort of new Rampage/Special Alert/PUG thing. Redo how tokens are distributed, something something.

However, I don't think devs would bother with this until sometime after all the frameworks are redone. That's a long time from now.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I just thought of something hilarious..... OV rumble queue! Players enter and whoever get the highest score on the scoreboard gets the most VT.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    As for rewards... one thing i thought of yesterday was to maybe make normal transforms that have the same powers as the OV devices?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    I have always felt it would be appropriate for the OV rewards to be tied to TA somehow. I don’t know if that would mean being added to the loot table or the daily mission having a villain/guardian token option.

While asking your friends to die for you on a daily basis is quite villainous, I don’t know if that is the best way to earn top tier gear.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie

I have always felt it would be appropriate for the OV rewards to be tied to TA somehow.

You can get Onslaught tokens in TA.
    edited March 2018
    > @pantagruel01 said:
    > I have always felt it would be appropriate for the OV rewards to be tied to TA somehow.
    >
    > You can get Onslaught tokens in TA.

That is an incentive to use more OV devices. I currently have 78 of them in one my characters inventory because they are BoP. Maybe if they were not bound it would be a greater incentive, although i don’t think that helps with the current state of Onslaught.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie

Maybe if they were not bound it would be a greater incentive.

The big problem is that by the time you have an onslaught villain unlocked so you can use the token, you probably no longer much care about onslaught.
    > @pantagruel01 said:

> The big problem is that by the time you have an onslaught villain unlocked so you can use the token, you probably no longer much care about onslaught.

Lol that is a valid point.

I’m not certain of other ways to improve the OV content itself. The items gated behind it are desirable enough to keep the content active regardless of how dull it can be for everyone involved.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie