test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Healing and Control?

jaybee37jaybee37 Posts: 38 Arc User
I've looked at Vixy's Healing Build guide and I noticed there is a section on healing/control based characters. I'd really like to see how that kind of character could work. (I realize the guide says it's "coming soon", but I'd like a try at building this kind of build, too.) Here's what I have. It's kinda rough, and I'm not sure about the passive. Also, I'd love to get a second toggle, like compassion, to contribute more to cosmic fights where I'm either not ready or able to contribute to CC.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1:
Level 6:
Level 9:
Level 12:
Level 15:
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Radiance (advantages)
Level 1: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
Level 8: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 11: Grasping Shadows (Consumption)
Level 14: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Telekinetic Barrage (Dazzle, Instill Doubt)
Level 20: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
Level 23: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
Level 26: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
Level 29: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire)
Level 32: Death's Embrace (Pact)
Level 35: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Manipulator (advantages)
Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Flight (advantages)
Level 35: Teleport (advantages)

Specializations

I don't yet have any specializations, and the superstats are still up in the air as well. I just wanted an idea of what powers/combos I could be dealing with.

Thanks!
-JB

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    TK Barrage is good for its stun adv, though its pretty costly as well- I'd prob make sure your energy is fine when using it. Also, if you want Compassion in there too, then I may replace Wisp w/ it (Sleep w/ adv can already debuff for you).

Specs would depend a bit upon whether you want to focus on debuffing to boost team dmg, CC power, and/or defensive & healing power.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaybee37jaybee37 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Hm, Wisp is a good debuff, though I was hoping to throw it in there for the illumination de/buff to stack with mental leech. CC power I see as being more of a side thing. I suffer from acute performance anxiety and likely would want to focus on healing first, CC second, though again I'm mainly just exploring what could be done--also I'd like it within theme, but dark/infernal and psi are pretty good anyway.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    A healer can side in CC pretty easily, since they get a lot of CC strength just out of Presence and support role, and typical spec trees for a healer include CC elements as well. You'll need to be more focused for a primary CCer (able to cc at cosmics), but for light cc you don't to do much more than take a hold. My usual go-to holds on healers are Ego Sleep and Mental Storm; if you can afford it, a psionic accelerator is also very good.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    jaybee37 said:

Hm, Wisp is a good debuff, though I was hoping to throw it in there for the illumination de/buff to stack with mental leech. CC power I see as being more of a side thing. I suffer from acute performance anxiety and likely would want to focus on healing first, CC second, though again I'm mainly just exploring what could be done--also I'd like it within theme, but dark/infernal and psi are pretty good anyway.

Well, main issue w/ Wisp here is that only really Illumination is potentially useful, since Sleep already covers Fear, and Debilitating Poison isn't worth much when you aren't using Toxic dmg attacks. Plus, it doesn't CC to proc Manip. Even then, Illumination is good when used alongside Celestial Conduit or Ascension's adv, or as an Enchantment to boost Soul Beam's dmg- but none of those really apply here.

And yea, alternating between taps of Sleep and MStorm are good to roll spec debuffs. Ofc, an AoE stun is good for trash CC when allies can help you kill things during the mob lockdown. Even if not a main CCer, a healer w/ some CC and debuffs on the side can still be quite useful to groups everywhere.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    I'll ponder this for a bit and make some updates. Thanks!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    The healer thread just got an update with Crowd Control Healer builds. Check it out for ideas regarding making your own
    Awesome! Thanks!