test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lazer sword dps build needs help

Here's my dps lazer sword build...any rates and fixes appreciated

12180l82FKLa0q01E3A000A104AA00BC03DC00A30CA903AC03AE05AB09K501K600ER00ON012wZ53BQE3XRV

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Posting the full link:

http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=29&n=&d=12180l82FKLa0q01E3A000A104AA00BC03DC00A30CA903AC03AE05AB09K501K600ER00ON012wZ53BQE3XRV

I am unsure why there are two slotted passives, and one is unranked. I guess WotW is meant to be FotTempest_Tiger.

The build can work as a glass cannon, though I'm not sure you'll have enough energy to fully use Lume Slash's special adv, and if not then ur main filler attack is the basic combo (which I'd prob put up to R2 then). Would also max Conviction. You also may not need all 4 of Particle Accel on the combo, Particle Smash, Lume Slash, and Plasma Cutter, but I guess it depends on what ur planned attack rotation is (since LS builds can have a couple diff variants). You also need to pick a Mastery (Dex or Warden, here; Brawler's is minor, and you don't have a lunge anyways), and I'd skip o Dex PSS's dodge/avoid options to max EW and DA.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Actually I have no experience with the lazer sword. And sorry. I'm a a 1 armed person. Trying to cut and paste link on phone ..im never able to get the entire link. Apologies . I had 2 passives . 1 for glass cannon and 1 was gonna be a separate toggle with diff gear and to be a bit more tankier via gear and mods. Way if the warrior was to make this a more dodge orientated build since I was gonna start the build with legion of elusive, agility heart of determination, legion gloves of growth and cultural belt of determination. Helm and secondary I hadn't decided yet.
  • Planned rotation was slash to get 5 stacks then spam lumi, and plasma at end
    edited March 2018
    Okay, well you still picked two dps passives, which is imo pretty redundant, and you generally don't leave a passive at rank1 anyways (unless its Defiance). You also didn't have a toggle/form in there, which you really do want for any FF build. I think you may be confusing a toggle/form (like FotT or Particle Accelerator) w/ slotted passives (like WotW), as they are separate power types.

LS has a few viable rotations available to it. Prob the easiest is to spam Lightspeed Strike's combo till 5x Plasma Burn, then use Plasma Cutter to rupture PBurn, and spam the combo again until you get PBurn back up to 5x. Its not the highest dps (those rotations typically center around Luminescent Slash), but it is straightforward. If you want a dual passive build, and have to play 1-handed, I may opt for an easy-to-manage rotation over trying to min-max it. I'd prob also change the SS's and get Con SS to give you more leeway to survive in casual content.

You also have two teleport powers, which is redundant. I may get something like Flight, Superspeed, or Acrobatics if you want a more 'normal' travel power option.

Here's a dual passive LS build w/ an 'easy' rotation:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Cybernetic Warrior (Con: 10, Int: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 9: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Laser Edge (advantages)
    Level 1: Lightspeed Strike (Rank 2, Particle Acceleration)
    Level 6: Particle Accelerator (advantages)
    Level 8: Quantum Stabilizer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Unified Theory
    Level 14: Lightwave Slash (Rank 2, Burn Bright)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Plasma Cutter (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Lightspeed Dash (Download)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Laser Deflection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge (advantages)
    Level 35: Imbue (advantages)
    Level 38: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Upload (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (2/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Lightwave Slash is mostly for AoE and CC. If you want the defensive passive earlier, you can move up Invuln's spot earlier in the build. Keep in mind you optimally want to be in the Melee DPS role for the dps passive (Quantum Stabilizer) and the Hybrid role for Invuln (can't slot Invuln if in the dps roles). Although you can take a dodge approach w/ WotW, I'd generally advise just going w/ the usual maxHP and defense boosts for dual passive builds that use Invuln. Gears mostly for Int, w/ some Con and End.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • I sent wrong link. Anyhow I'm unable to send from my phone . As I said the build your looking at is not the one I'm working on . So your getting the wring idea. It keeps sending u the old one for some reason when I was gonna off tank . New build is just dps. I'll send then I get home.
    Trying trying linking and doing the build on your phone with just a right arm lol. Plenty of mistakes happen.
    edited March 2018
    Well, I didn't see your reply you made minutes before I made my longer one w/ the build. I'd still prob just suggest using my build, but you can take out Invuln and have a free power slot open for w/e ya want. That way, its not a dual passive build and can be committed to one role.
  • Well of all the dps builds I've tried laser sword seems on the low end damage wise and and is def energy hog. Kinda disappointed in the set btw I've tried serial builds
    Well, I suppose if you want an easy way to use Lume Slash heavily for decent dps, you can opt for a FotTiger build that has a Dragon Move for Rush's energy, though its not a 'pure' LS build:

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts (advantages)
    Level 6: Unified Theory
    Level 8: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Tiger (advantages)
    Level 14: Lightwave Slash (Light Mend, Download)
    Level 20: Dragon's Wrath (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Luminescent Slash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Lightspeed Dash (advantages)
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Thundering Return (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Power Swell (2/2)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Put up Disintegrate w/ Lightspeed Strike, Rush w/ DW_DC, and spam Lume Slash while tapping Lightwave to refresh the debuff and give you Download. Lightwave Slash can also be half-charged at anytime to proc FotTiger, and for AoE.

Keep in mind that all other Dragon Moves will be changed to be like UA's, w/ Rush not being baseline and costing 3 points. Can always take Rush + R2 DU instead if you want to see what that's like now. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and End/Rec, and skips severity rating on gear when it gets Dex Mastery.
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I play a laser sword build and average around 6.2k dps in TA and over 7k in the powerhouse. My only ability out of set is form of the tiger. It is most def one of the higher end dps sets but it does require more energy management than other sets for optimal performance.

It is the build i provided you with in game last night. I will be happy to help you work in rotation sometime this week :)
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • I figured must be something wrong on my end. Or maybe just the positioning how I play (no need to explain friends In game know)
  • Ty both. I'll be back on Tuesday
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Here's something I am theory-crafting (i.e. not lvl 40 in final gear). I'm thinking form of the tempest with Dex will get me most of the energy I need (once I have final gear with cost discounts), which will be supplemented by Dragon Kick + Rush, Force Sheathe and the EU. I know the EU scales mostly with End, but it does get some from Rec and Force Sheathe scales up with Rec.

Speed Daemon 3 - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Body and Mind (Str: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Electric Bolt (advantages)
    Level 6: Quantum Stabilizer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Thunderbolt Lunge (advantages)
    Level 14: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Point Blank Blast)
    Level 17: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 20: Luminescent Slash (Rank 2, End of the Line)
    Level 23: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 26: Form of the Tempest (advantages)
    Level 29: Unified Theory
    Level 32: Imbue (advantages)
    Level 35: Meltdown (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Blazing Speed (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Electro Flight (advantages)

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited March 2018
    If trying to use Lume Slash's special adv, I'd prob have a way to put up Download initially in there, and Quantum Stability won't boost Physical dmg from MA's Dragon attacks. DU would be higher single-target dps than DK, but I guess you also took DK for AoE (which is fine). Adding Chest Beam can work for Burn Through, though its still kinda costly even to tap (in light of End of the Line). Its def worth testing out to see how energy pans out.
    Hmm, hard to know what to take out in order to put in Download. DK is probably the most obvious, but then I lose Rush. Is the 20% discount worth more than the energy gain from Rush? Maybe just take out the adv from Lume Slash instead?

Would Disintegrate from Particle Smash be more useful than Imbue?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited March 2018
    It kinda depends how much you plan to spam Lume Sash. If ur aiming for constant back-to-back use, then FotTiger may be better for the reliability, and then replacing Lightspeed Strike's adv w/ PSmash isn't needed.

If anything, the highest dps comes from rolling 5x PBurn w/ Lume Slash spamming (easiest is to use Lightwave Slash w/ adv for refreshes), and not via rupturing PBurn (cause then you won't have 5xPBurn unless you go back to spamming the lower-dps combo).

The Download proc can come from making the lunge Lightspeed Dash (or using something else for it).

If I were to mix Rush w/ LS in a 'glass cannon', I'd prob make it like this:

v2.4.2-29

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts (advantages)
    Level 6: Unified Theory
    Level 8: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Tiger (advantages)
    Level 14: Lightwave Slash (Light Mend, Burn Bright)
    Level 20: Luminescent Slash (Rank 2, End of the Line)
    Level 23: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush) (or any Dragon attack w/ Rush)
    Level 29: Cybernetic Tether (Radiate, Download)
    Level 32: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 35: Imbue (advantages)
    Level 38: Thundering Return (advantages)

Travel Powers

Specializations
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)

Opener: Tether -> Lightspeed Strike till 5x PBurn (can charge the Dragon attack or half-charge Lightwave to proc FotTiger here, and re-use Tether if Download falls off). After you get everything up and running, at 8x Focus stacks I found on the PTS that you can get into a steady cycle of charging the Dragon move for Rush, tapping Lightwave, and then spamming Lume Slash 5-7 times in-between that (depending on energy/gear).

Only issue here is that the initial PBurn buildup can be a bit more rng w/o Particle Accelerator as the toggle, so that's why I took Tether instead of the lunge (it can apply Radiate and Download initially). Also axed Chest Beam, mostly cause the rotation is busy enough as is w/ Rush in there (that, and I didn't want to take up even more power slots for the rotation).
    Hmm, since slash is a PBAoE maybe Dragon Claws with vertebrake for more Knocks?

Can this work with Con as a SS, or is energy an insurmountable problem without both Rec and End?
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited March 2018
    Vertebreak doesn't trigger very often, iirc. DU is still fine enough for single targets w/ its knock-immune bonus, but I suppose until they get changed you can opt for R3 DC or DW instead if you want more optimal ST dps. DK also has the AoE stun, if you care about that. Its just up to you.

I don't think changing Rec to Con will affect too much, but it does make energy a bit tighter (so maybe have to rotate in one less Lume Slash, or something). The gear I was testing was Heroic-grade w/ R7's, and was mostly Dex and some End (and cost discount).

edit: oh, also keep in mind that you can build FotTiger stacks at anytime via Lightwave Slash charges. That can also help w/ early Rush uptime.
    OK. So tested this with JG and OV secondaries. All R7 mods in the primaries. Dex = 583, Rec = 151, Con = 153, End = 30.

I was never really hungry for energy. I tried having Download on, but it didn't feel like it mattered much. After I got disintegrate going with L strike I could get 5-6 Lum Slashes, 1L Slash and 1 Chest Beam tap in a rotation. If I needed more energy I would do a Dragon Kick instead of Chest Beam. I had 69 Energy from FotT, 22 from UT, 49 from Unstoppable and 20 from Rush

Speed Daemon 5 - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Electric Bolt (advantages)
    Level 6: Lightspeed Dash (advantages)
    Level 8: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Lightwave Slash (Light Mend, Burn Bright)
    Level 17: Force Shield (Rank 2, Force Sheathe)
    Level 20: Luminescent Slash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Form of the Tiger (advantages)
    Level 29: Unified Theory
    Level 32: Imbue (advantages)
    Level 35: Chest Beam (Rank 2, Point Blank Blast)
    Level 38: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)

Travel Powers

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Well, that gear is stronger than I had, but then again I was talking about having near topped-out energy for Lume Slash's special adv (which innately refreshes Download anyways), but I guess I should have clarified that more.

Regardless, you got it to work in some way, so that's cool.
  • I only test builds with gear I have actually on hand or it won't perform as u try on pTS.
    I know; its why I advise people to test things out for themselves when they can. I wanted to do my own tests to get a general feel for the energy situation in practice.
  • It's a very energy demanding Seth. Of course I can make a fantasy build via gear and mods on pts but that doesn't help me. Best to test with what's in reach at the time
    Well, even though he is really only lvl 30 he has all the tokens for full OV secondaries and all the tokens needed for the JG, so just need the scr/gcr (and lvl 40). I decided that the adv on Luminescent Slash was too finicky. I'd rather worry about the chest beam tap. So, really my bad for changing the parameters on you. I also have Radion's Revenge and Orbital Cannon devices (opening move) for extra particles. If energy is not an issue over the long haul I may swap Meltdown for DK. This has been a most informative discussion.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited March 2018

It's a very energy demanding Seth. Of course I can make a fantasy build via gear and mods on pts but that doesn't help me. Best to test with what's in reach at the time

Well, you can use in-game testing for diff reasons, and one of them is for comparing diff setups easily w/o changing too many variables, or to see if there are 'benchmarks' where diff setups work fluidly or not. But yes, for your own practical purposes, test w/ what you have (or plan to soon have). I obviously can't attest to everyone's specific gear setup on my own.