test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reveal to me the cute slice of life anime I haven't watched yet \o3o/

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
edited November 2017 in Off Topic
So I like cute slice of life anime but I have trouble finding new ones to watch and I just end up re-watching the old ones. I recently watched Demi-Chan Wa Kataritai and that was pretty great so now I want more cheerful uplifting kaway anime to watch \o3o/

List of requirements:
- Cute girls. Bonus if they're cat girls.
- Slice-of-life. Houses and schools and beach episodes and festivals and that sort of thing.
- Heavy on gags and comedy. Laffs plz o3o
- No fighting. Fighting anime are boring and all the same and they bore me.
- Genki girl. TOSHINO KYOOKOOOOOOOOOO \>3</
- Supernatural elements or sci-fi elements or anything like that is great, so long as it doesn't lead to a series of "themed opponents" fighting episodes.
- Bonus points if there's a dub.

PS - I made a channel called Anime HQ if you'd like to volunteer to be a long term source of anime o3o

EDIT - adding list here of shows mentioned in the thread that I haven't seen so I have a list I can come back to o3o

Himouto! Umaru-chan ( is this even a comedy? u3u )
Non non Biyori ( nyanpasu o3o )
Little Witch Academia
Kemono Friends ( nyan u3u )
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
You're Under Arrest!

I'll add Monahiru's once they review their list and make sure they are only suggesting cute funny animes and not horrifying animes about girls killing each other with nails >:|
Post edited by spinnytop on

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    K-on
    Lucky Star
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
    Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
    Kobayashi-san no Maid Dragon
    Usagi Drop
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Azumanga Daioh
    Yuru Yuri
    Non non Biyori
    Little Witch Academia

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, they're all super popular so you've likely seen them all, but on the off chance one has escaped your notice I thought I'd better post them.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Ore no Imouto ga Konnnani Kawaii wake ga nai
    GIRLS und PANZER (No fighting. They are just doing club activity using tanks) o3o
    Tora Dora
    Carnival Phantasm (You have to watch both Fate and Tsuki hime to enjoy this one, those are having battles but Carnival Phantasm is comedy)
    Sound! Euphonium
    Gakkou Gurashi
    Highschool of the Dead (ah had some battle)
    Nichi-jyo
    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
    Outbreak Company
    Koe no Katachi (cry!)
    Kake Gurui
    Higurashi no Naku koro ni (fear!)

Give meh time to recall on more titles from my old mind. o3o

Meow. o3o

You already know Monogatari right?
    Post edited by monaahiru on
    the panzer one and the Sound! Euphonium reminds me of another:

Sound of the Sky

not quite slice of life but it was fun.
    edited November 2017
    A Certain Scientific Railgun is also good, but Spinny seems not liking fighting. Kuroko so much. o3o

Kemono friends if you like cat girls.

edited November 2017
    Just Because!
    Shojo Shumatsu Kikou
    Imouto Sae Ireba Ii
    Made in Abyss
    Sword Art Online (Ah had battle)
    My Hero Academia
    Occultic;Nine
    Occult Academy
    Flying Witch
    Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World
    Hyoka
    Isekai Shokudo
    Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
    steins;gate
    KILL la KILL (Ah had battle scene)
    HELLSING is categorized in cute anime in myself. o3o

Cat... girl?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I haven't watched any anime in ages, but I'm going to suggest you my most favorite one

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun)

66083l.jpg
    High school student Chiyo Sakura has a crush on schoolmate Umetarō Nozaki, but when she confesses her love to him, he mistakes her for a fan and gives her an autograph. When she says that she always wants to be with him, he invites her to his house and has her help on some drawings. Chiyo discovers that Nozaki is actually a renowned shōjo manga artist named Sakiko Yumeno. She then agrees to be his assistant in order to get closer to him. As they work on his manga Let's Fall in Love (恋しよっ Koi Shiyo, Let's Have a Romance), they encounter other schoolmates who assist them or serve as inspirations for characters in the stories.
    1. Slice of life with Good Comedy, it had me laughing a lot
    2. Great memorable characters
    3. ITS SO DAMN FUN, where is my Season 2?

10/10 Would recommend to everyone, especially comic/manga artists​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    I don't watch much anime, but the following are my two all time favorite slice of life shows:

1) Toradora! - High school slice of life romcom with lots of feels and funny antics.

2) You're Under Arrest! - 90s slice of life focused on two female buddy cops' professional and personal lives.

Gekkan shoujo Nozakikun! You're Under Arrest!! you are studying so much well about Anime. o3o
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Dante’s Inferno is the cutest one ever!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    @monaahiru - you have Higurashi in there and I'm asking for comedy anime... I need you to review your list and make sure you are not proposing any non-comedy anime. I'm not much of a fan of dramas either, they are very boring and I certainly do not like anime about girls killing each other with nails and laughing crazy like that's a funny thing to do ~3~

@guyhumual - isn't Usagi Drop more on the drama side? I keep looking at that one but it doesn't look very comedy >3>
    edited November 2017
    spinnytop said:

@guyhumual - isn't Usagi Drop more on the drama side? I keep looking at that one but it doesn't look very comedy >3>

Well there's drama for sure, but it's really got some great moments, funny and sweet. It's not typical school stuff which is different, it's more about an adult suddenly becoming a parent and struggling with his new realities, but I loved it, and would highly recommend it.
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    Ouran High School Host Club.

So, a somewhat middle class girl (they say she's poor and in relative terms sure but in reality she's nowhere near actual poverty) goes to a school for extremely absurdly wealthy kids (we're talking 'buy an island on a whim' wealthy. Any of these kids could be Tony Stark if they actually had skills) each of which is very pretty.

Said girl wears a boy's uniform due to a miscommunication error, and ends up in the room where the... What I can only describe as 'the only way they can make male giggolos U-rated' do their thing, accidentally damages a vase, and is then roped into being a 'host club member' which largely seems to be about platonically wooing other women.

Unfortunately, whilst the protagonist, Haruhi, is a bastion of snark and take-no-rubbish, most of the other characters...

Are kinda boring.

Most episodes focus on one of the cute boys of the Host Club, and presumably the intent is to get the audience shipping Haruhi with one of them.

And... most of these episodes are filler. There are no lasting consequences. Nothing actually matters bar maybe 3 episodes of the entire series.

But it's a hell of a guilty pleasure to watch such a fluffy, meaningless show.

Most of it has perpetually been on youtube since I was a teenager, still is afaik. It's one of those shows that inexplicably never gets taken down, unlike more recent anime where youtube's algorithims seem pretty quick to take it down.

Main highlight of the series is when the most childlike boy of the group has a toothache. AND THAT'S A BIG DEAL APPARENTLY.

Because minor character who only actually has a speaking role in 1 in 4 episodes? Totally is worth having a whole episode dedicated to his somewhat disturbingly obsessive obsession with sweets and candies.

Also there's a beach episode. Because it's that kind of show.

Oh, and another highlight is when they get the random plotter girl as part of the cast, and every intro for her is over the top. Like, seriously, if CO let me appear out of the ground, laughing menacingly 'ohohohoho' as dramatic music played, on a pillar of stone, I'd totally buy the keys for that lockbox.

maybe.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
    But but but Higurashi went to happy end everyone survived and alive somehow. o3o
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I certainly do not like anime about girls killing each other with nails and laughing crazy like that's a funny thing to do ~3~
    I was going to recommend S-Cry-Ed for trolling purposes (I hated that anime so much) but no, I think I'll cut you a break this time. That said, I think our tastes are probably 99% incompatible, especially considering some of my all-time favs are Elfen Lied and Black Lagoon. The closest I can think of is maaaaybe Familiar of Zero, but I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    monaahiru said:

But but but Higurashi went to happy end everyone survived and alive somehow. o3o

Fine I'll watch the final episode u3u
    edited November 2017
    spinnytop said:

monaahiru said:

Fine I'll watch the final episode u3u
    I'll recommend Mirai Nikki if you want to feel more awful and bad.
    But that also happy ended somehow good??? WTF

Madoka Magica, School Days, Elfen lied and GUNSLINGER GIRL are also very good to feel very bad. o3o
    edited November 2017
    I feel like you're missing the point u3u Go watch Demi-Chan Wa Kataritai. That feeling is what I want o3o
    edited November 2017
    Eromanga Sensei
    High School Fleet
    Nyaruko: Crawling with Love
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
    Sakura Quest
    CLANNAD
    Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist
    Another
    One Week Friends
    Bakuon!!
    Urusei Yatsura
    Oh My Goddess!
    Kamichu!
    Your Lie in April
    Squid Girl
    Kokoro Connect
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Akira.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2017

Its vewy important when Japanese say same word twice. o3o
    monaahiru said:

Its vewy important when Japanese say same word twice. o3o

I liked that one as well but I'm not sure I'd classify that as slice of life, that's more ecchi and comedy.
    edited November 2017
    aesica said:

I was going to recommend S-Cry-Ed for trolling purposes (I hated that anime so much) but no, I think I'll cut you a break this time. That said, I think our tastes are probably 99% incompatible, especially considering some of my all-time favs are Elfen Lied and Black Lagoon. The closest I can think of is maaaaybe Familiar of Zero, but I'm not sure if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.​​

Elfen Lied was interesting, but I couldn't get though Black Lagoon, it wasn't bad per se, but it just didn't grab me with the first couple of episodes.
    Alice & Zouroku
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Some episodes of Dragon Ball Super have catgirls, and it's sometimes funny.

Granted the nerdrage over "how dare they change X" is more funny than the anime, but the anime gets a few chuckles from me every now and then.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited November 2017
    guyhumual said:

aesica said:

Elfen Lied was interesting, but I couldn't get though Black Lagoon, it wasn't bad per se, but it just didn't grab me with the first couple of episodes.
    Black Lagoon is good to see Radical Revy Chan. o3o

Good we had cat girl. o3o

edited November 2017
    monaahiru said:

I like this o3o

Are there any slice of life comedy anime about magical girls that don't involve combats?
    I already recommended "Little Witch Academia"
    Too much Mahou Shoujo Anime to cover everything.

Magical Girl Raising Project? I've not watched it yet. o3o
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun (My Little Monster). I've just started watching and like it so far.
    monaahiru said:

Too much Mahou Shoujo Anime to cover everything.

Magical Girl Raising Project? I've not watched it yet. o3o

A list of magical girl anime isn't helpful, since most of them are going to be about having a fight every episode ~3~ I only want slice of life ones.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User

Slapstick comedy about ninjas.

• sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    AZUMANGA DAIOH!

3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
    Well I've seen that one >.> guess I should have included a list of the ones I've seen... <.<
    Wizard Sally and Megu witch girl has no fight. And Magical Angel Creamy Mami. Those are sort of Legacy Anime. o3o
    Well I have a lot of anime to investigate now, thank you for the assistance all ( most ) of you o3o/
    BTW, have you watched Dragon Bal Super yet? the non-fighting parts are kinda cool.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User

Slapstick comedy about ninjas.(plus "action")

edited December 2017
    School Days were good trap for meh with slice of life.

All Japanese virgin boys watch all episodes of School Days during Christmas seasons somehow. Its a Japanese traditional ritual.

Nice boat. o3o
    But I want slice of life comedy o3o and not just "Now and then there is a funny thing but mostly it's drama Clannad". The whole thing must be comedy \o3o/
    edited January 2018

- Cute girls. Bonus if they're cat girls.
    - Slice-of-life. Houses and schools and beach episodes and festivals and that sort of thing.
    - Heavy on gags and comedy. Laffs plz o3o
    - No fighting. Fighting anime are boring and all the same and they bore me.

Have you watched this series:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_jIYiqT0Y
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    A neko novel?? ..based off of my FFXIV healer. https://youtu.be/VP54NUKsTcs

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    One I've just recently started watching and have enjoyed a lot is Girls' Last Tour. Don't let the post-apocalyptic setting fool you, it's very much a slice of life. The girls are funny and way too cute.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!