test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170802.35 - Party Animal Costumes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Misc
  • Added Goat, Fruit Bat, Kangaroo, Mouse and Pitbull heads to the debugger.
  • Made some adjustments to the Wolf Sleek head.
  • Added various Taco related perks.
  • Corrected the UNTRANSLATED NULL message on various emotes.
  • Fixed a bug with the Conjuring energy unlock not reapplying itself if you are near a Cursed target.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User

Well these are quite interesting. Kangaroo has two set of ears, both are on the right side of the image.

Yeah it looks less like a banana now.
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    They still look unforgivably cartoonish.
  • bwdaresbwdares Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    agreed. Too cartoonish, these are a fail for me. Not to say they do not look cool or there is great talent behind them, but tired of cartoon animal heads
    #Mechanon!(completed) #New Zones! #Foundry!
    I'm fine with either one, but might I ask why you're tired of cartoon animal heads? For mmo dedicated to cartoon and comic style superheroes, many, and I mean almost all the animal head in general, got the "realistic" treatment with all the detailed wrinkle and fur. I know because usually keep track about this.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Those heads are...atrocious. well, there are better heads present in the game currently. Furries who like a more cartoony look might rejoice.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Massive Ears​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Is there really such a demand for cartoon type heads, as compared to more naturalistic versions?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I love how cartoony they look :D
    Pitbull is adorable

anyone got pics for female versions?
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    I frickin love these heads. Combined with the cartoon gloves, and the mallet weapon, its a great basic for making a classic Disney style toon.

Also, the Bull Terrier head reminds me of Bowser, my adorable doggy :)
    edited September 2017
    spinnytop said:

anyone got pics for female versions?

They're all male version except for the raccoon. There is no female version.

Is there really such a demand for cartoon type heads, as compared to more naturalistic versions?

It could be said the same with any other costume pieces. It not for everyone. Beside, the last animal pack, combined with the animal heads use for monster island, is already under the "realistic" category.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    If I had to pick an issue with the animal heads... it's that the eyes are still far too human.
    I hope the Pitbull has available patterns, I want to use it for my Rottweiler

I have to ask, is this set going to contain more animal features beyond heads? Like Arms, Legs, tails e.t.c e.t.c

also, please have more plans to add more Avian heads instead of having existing ones locked behind Gold lifetime paywall, variety, its been so many years now and the only avian head you added so far is the nightmare crow from bloodmoon
    qawsada wrote: »
    Still has the Disney feeling

But yeah I agree as well, those heads are ridiculous

Sidenote: The Fruit Bat looks TOO MUCH like a wolf​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    I also agree that those are too cartoonish for my taste, I would have preferred a more realistic look for them, but I guess there will be others that like that type of looks as well.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    <font color=red>Suggestion:</font color=red>make the snouts a seperate mouth piece like on teddy bear head
    (Apparently can't font color on mobile..odd)
    Post edited by ealford1985 on
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2017
    Removed/edited a few off topic posts. Please keep feedback and suggestions on the current PTS changes.

We were going for a more cartoony feel on the heads, more in vain of the cartoony wolf heads players have access to.​​
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    These are horrible, the Pitbull is the only one that looks even remotely like the animal.

It's not even that they're cartoony, I've seen plenty of cartoon animals, and those actually looked like the animals they were meant to portray.

Well, the big question, given the largely negative response so far, is why?
    kaizerin said:

We were going for a more cartoony feel on the heads, more in vain of the cartoony wolf heads players have access to.​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Why? Maybe this has something to do with it:
    kaizerin said:

more in vain of the cartoony wolf heads players have access to.​​

Because match the look of the freebie wolf head players already have access to.

kriss94 said:

-snip-

I would agree that the mouse's nose look more like a pig snout rather than a mouse's nose. That itself is quite an odd decision. It should have been a bit pointy
    avianos said:

I hope the Pitbull has available patterns, I want to use it for my Rottweiler​​

Here is the pattern for the head.

Oh and keep in mind that all these party heads has an optional ear as an Attachment Top Accessory, so you can pick out any other ear from the Ears category.
    beezeeze said:

Because match the look of the freebie wolf head players already have access to.

And I kind of happy it went that route. Some of the players that wanted "realistic" doesn't seen to know that it doesn't translate well in such a game like this, and the Animal Pack of 2016 and all the Monster Island head are pretty much that.
  • blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    I agree with the comments about the mouse nose, I think it looks like a pig nose XD, I hope that can be improved a bit more.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    blazer2001 wrote: »
    I agree with the comments about the mouse nose, I think it looks like a pig nose XD, I hope that can be improved a bit more.
    The thing with the pig nose is probably the fruit bat. Unfortunately, pig-like noses isn't a physical trait fruit bats have. It does appear on other species of bat, though.

Fruit Bat:
    gIGyiBh.jpg

Kitti's Hog-Nosed Bat:
    2R6DQB3.jpg

Of course I could be wrong and one of those other things could be the bat head. I'm actually having a hard time telling which animal is supposed to be which besides the doge.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    The thing is a mouse.

Top left is fruit bat, top middle is goat, and the right is kangaroo with both different ears.
  • qawsada wrote: »
    vSfqodc.jpg

for some reason, i'm getting a very strong wolf o'donnell vibe from that head...all it needs is an eyepatch​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    The thing is a mouse.

Top left is fruit bat, top middle is goat, and the right is kangaroo with both different ears.
    Oh lordy. What? The head shapes are all wrong in various ways. Actually, I think I'd better walk away from this thread. I really don't want to insult the people who made these, but like...yeah. None of them really look like what they're supposed to be except for the aforementioned doge head. Good luck everyone! :D​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited September 2017
    Yeah there is a problem here when the Mouse looks more like a Bat while the Bat looks like a Wolf, no seriously this thing looks like a reskin of existing free wolf heads

I don't understand why the Mouse head was given a Pig Snout neither...
    for some reason, i'm getting a very strong wolf o'donnell vibe from that head...all it needs is an eyepatch

Can't let you do that Foxbat​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    We need some duck feet in this as well tired of using the swim fins
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Will these animal heads be available in the Zen Store?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    Considering just about all of these ears don't cover up the normal human ears, can you please finally fix the bad texturing on the earless human female face? It has these random spots on the face where it looks like there's no shading.
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    well this doesn't look that bad just cartoonish!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Mini Update
    FC.31.20170802.41
    • Added Party Crowns, Robotic Claws, Tiny Hat and Disco Ball Head to the event vendor.
    • Lowered Millennium City's player limit down to 50. This will persist till the end of the month.
    ​​
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Random thoughts: I quite like these Animal Heads, except: that's not a mouse. Or a rat. They have round noses. And that's a Staffie, not a pitbull (you can hug the first, not the second). And and the others should just be released as Animal Head 1,2,3, etc and let everyone decide what they think they look like rather than giving them names. Let people customise; as long as you make sure they play well with other costume elements, they're fun.
    Also, the Bull Terrier head reminds me of Bowser, my adorable doggy :)
    You know I can totally see that HAHA! Shame Bowser's day have passed​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

And that's a Staffie, not a pitbull (you can hug the first, not the second).

Pit bull isn't a formal breed, and it includes the Staffordshire bull terrier (and all types can be friendly if properly trained). However, the ears are wrong for any breed of pit, they all have crumpled ears.
  • kalalkalal Posts: 41 Arc User
    With them adding a bat head, can we get some form of flight that allows us to use the "under arm batwings" ???? or modify flight to have that animation or change cape glide to allow invisible cape or allow the material for capes to be holohex/ psionic so that we can disappear them. SO MANY OPTIONS, choose one please!!!!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Bug: Raccoon Ears do not have the skin options
    Suggestion: Remove human ears and add them to ear category. Reason: Most of the ears appear to scale with the sliders. But by doing so it increases the size of the human ears. I know there is a human face no ears, but there are more heads with ears besides just humanoid.
    Tooltip Bug: Eldritch Shield
    After the block description update, Eldritch Shield states that it only increase %Bonus Resistance to All Physical damage
    The non Physical-damage bonus is not mentioned anymore
    ​​
    Noticed this today as well.
    avianos said:

Tooltip Bug: Eldritch Shield

After the block description update, Eldritch Shield states that it only increase %Bonus Resistance to All Physical damage

The non Physical-damage bonus is not mentioned anymore
    ​​

JwLmWoa.png
  • elsawhitworthelsawhitworth Posts: 58 Arc User
    One thing missed with the Party Animals. No goat eyes. It's weird to have a goat without the funky horizontal rectangle pupils.
  • colaskunkcolaskunk Posts: 3 Arc User
    Potentially useful things in Party Animal pack and previous packs/ Basic animal heads.: I tried keeping this post on topic and succinct.
    • Animal Heads could have separate ears from the faces, allowing a more diverse mix and match like the PA Pack.
    • PA Pack had eyes that blinked, like the existing animal heads. Very creepy otherwise.
    • Jaw fur tufts in PA Pack clip badly with existing hairs like bobs used to hide human ears.
    • More rodent looking features on the rodent related animals would be nice.
    • Adjust throat waddle appearance in AH Pack. PA Pack manages to avoid this for seamless head to neck transition.
    • Offer all 3 versions of Werewolf Monstrous sans teeth in 3, closed mouth in 1, and no deep brow scowl in all three. IMHO, these heads were truly perfect for those wanting slightly animalistic features without full blown Tiny Toons.
    • Please make the ears and Sonic the Hedgehog spiky hair optional in Werewolf Monstrous.
    • Allow facial sliders to affect these heads. All the non human heads if possible.
    • More patterns in existing tails. Fox tail has Fox and Racoon option. Why not lengthwise stripes on top of wrap around?

This discussion has been closed.