test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPC Voice: Hidden - Rearrange Box, what is this for?

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Controls and Interface
So I'm taking some pictures with my Sonic Bot and DJ Madbot via steam, and since F12 pop-ups the rearrange window mod i see this
jdGLjeR.png
dmpllbY.png

What is this for? It definitely doesn't turns off any of the NPCs' voices

Future feature in the making perhaps?​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Neverwinter has this; when you open a quest window, this shows up and plays the dialog of the quest-giver. It's mainly there so that the player can run off and start heading towards the quest while listening to what the NPC had to say while not having to stand next to them.

Not sure how useful that feature would be in CO, considering players can travel much faster in this game, the shortage of voiced NPCs, and the fact that mission objectives are displayed pretty clearly already.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Hmm and this somehow got ported into CO? I wonder what DEVs are planning to do with it

The Plot thickens​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    This just made me think of a question I had been wanting to ask: is there any way to get rid of NPC speech bubbles?
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    jonesing4 said:

This just made me think of a question I had been wanting to ask: is there any way to get rid of NPC speech bubbles?

Not as far as I'm aware. Might be something in the commands, I'll have a gander at the goose once my game decides it's finished installing the anniversary event bits, there might be something we can type in to hide them for people making videos with the showrecord command.
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]