test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Onslaught Villain system is garbage

tykunetykune Posts: 70 Arc User
There are several issues with the whole onslaught villain system, namely the requirements that makes it almost unrealistic to complete in a single day. I often find myself going on for three days trying to get the tokens and targets required to complete it, especially with the fact that turrets can snipe the villain and end their transformation early. The defenders that you need to kill to acquire the '3 kills' to complete the mission more often than not kill you before you can get to the third token. Why the defenders were made this strong is beyond me. If two of those defenders can kill Grond by themselves, why the hell is Grond such a legend? I call shenanigans.

I feel the system needs to be completely reworked to be reasonable, not so buggy, and actually fun to do instead of feeling like a chore.

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    You just need to learn how to attack them. For me the best is Medusa (range), you attack the defender and you hop back (but not too far are they heal up). Play the defense game and hide behind stuff if you need to. When your attack is recharged hit again. Usually no more than 3 hits does it (and them little guys usually die in the crossfire).

I can easily do my daily within the time limit and still not die.

Head to the Until building and kill those two there and then head to the one to the far east and then head north. By the time you finish with those the Until ones will have respawned.

KILL ALL!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    It has major problems, but not those you mention. You can easily get all the tokens in less than 15 minutes if you have a friend who will work with you.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I would say the OnSlaught system sucks, but mostly due to being tedious. If the OnSlaught protector guys were reverted back to the respawn system they had before, it would make the Villain daily 10x less awful.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    You can easily get the tokens in fifteen minutes without any help at all. Gotta agree with tedious, though.
    Very.

I for sure don't do them because it's fun.
  • tykunetykune Posts: 70 Arc User
    People finding ways around the system doesn't excuse the garbage system as is.
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    Yeah, it'd be nice if the Onslaught content had a little more epic angle to it. But IMO, the game has other problems to worry about.
    It is what it is.

It won't be changing anytime soon, but at least you can figure out how to farm it and get your tokens for the vendor with as little frustration as possible.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Agreed, it is frustrating. Not as frustrating as the Q-zone, and does gradually give one access to good quality end game secondary gear without having to deal with the Cosmic rigamarole.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    tykune said:

People finding ways around the system doesn't excuse the garbage system as is.

Nobody is even disagreeing with you. Relax. I don't think I've ever seen someone say the OV system turned out well. If you want to fight with someone about it, you'll have to look really hard.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Hope this will be your help. Non edit full run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR9_0ovUbOU