test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Electric ulitmate

notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
Dual Arc... literally lighting arc X2

has no CD.. and double the energy cost of LA.. however maintaining it causes two things
1:you take 5% Hp damage per tick of DA
2:you gain a resistance debuff stack+refresh per tick of DA [lasts ~30 seconds.. gives like -5% to all resistance per stack]

would have an advantage "surge protection" costs 1 point, removes the self damage and debuff, instead giving the power a CD on par with other ultimate
In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    has no CD
    That's not how ultimates work
    sounds boring visually​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    avianos said:

has no CD

That's not how ultimates work

Not normally no, which is why I added the self damage and self debuff effect to balance it out...plus if you want the boring old "long CD damage spike" that is literally every other ulitmate in the game, there's alwasy the sugested adv
    aviano said:

sounds boring visually​​
    it would look like the old concussor beam+LA exploit visuals..which were admittedly rather nice to look at..plus if you want to talk boring visuals.. gravity driver.. it's a glass circle...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    notyuu said:

has no CD.. and double the energy cost of LA.. however maintaining it causes two things
    2:you gain a resistance debuff stack+refresh per tick of DA [lasts ~30 seconds.. gives like -5% to all resistance per stack]

would have an advantage "surge protection" costs 1 point, removes the self damage and debuff, instead giving the power a CD on par with other ultimate

This doesn't really sound like an ultimate.

It's more like a slightly awkward DPS power.

I say that because:

1) It has no CD unless you take an advantage to stop it killing you per tick.
    2) From the description is a single target high DPS power.

Ultimate Abilities tend to be either a charge, click or maintain which hits up to 7-10 targets and has some sort of area effect.

For example (off the top of my head):

Electromagnetic Eruption - PBAoE - 70ft AoE - 10 targets max - 90 seconds recharge

- You release an unstoppable wave of energy into your surroundings causing high damage to all caught in your blast and outright wiping out weaker enemies (low HP Villain Rank and full HP Henchmen Rank targets). Targets affected by Negative Ions take additional damage and have their energy drained. Applies Overpower.

Advantages:

Shutdown - Electromagnetic Eruption now applies a 3 second stun to all targets.
    Impressive Display - Electromagnetic Eruption now applies challenging strikes to all affected targets.

^ Something dramatic like that might be a better starting idea to pitch.

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Both of the disadvantages suggested could be somewhat worked around with a specific solo build.
    In even a reasonable team, the disadvantages would be about meaningless.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Needs more opening the gates of heaven, summoning giant gigabolt from the sky and frying Dhaos from Tales of Phantasia while he screams "WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!?" in chip tune midi file

No i can't get over Indignation
    notyuu wrote: »
    it would look like the old concussor beam+LA exploit visuals..which were admittedly rather nice to look at..plus if you want to talk boring visuals.. gravity driver.. it's a glass circle...

I'm aware, but they don't fit the current CO's ultimate standards, both in format and mechanics

Also I know the visuals, i even asked Kaiserin long ago if its possible to take those Cool combined visuals and turn them into a whole Tier 3 attack, no reply (PS. DEVs please turn this into an actual Tier 3 attack, i would really, really, really love to use it on a specific character for theme and I would love you very much if you do so)

but as an Ultimate, not really​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    notyuu wrote: »

That doesn't really...sound very ultimate. How about a fantastic 100' range 50' sphere AoE that requires a full charge (maybe 1.5-2 sec?) to call down a massive lightning bolt to deal a huge amount of electrical damage to targets in range (about on par with other ultimate abilites). Affected targets are stunned briefly, Snared for 12 seconds, and affected by Negative Ions.

No goofy advantages, just a kick in the junk with a big bolt of lightning.

Simple, effective, to the point.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    How about something like [Relentless Thunder] that lets you cast say, three big thunderstrikes that you would aim separately and successively like Strafing Run, with a target on the ground ?

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Plasma Globe - you summon a massive ball of plasma, which strikes out at your enemies, shocking them with a chance to stun and apply Negative Ions. After 10 seconds the Plasma Globe explodes, causing high AoE damage, which is increased to any enemy affected by the globe's Negative Ions.
  • thekrazzeethekrazzee Posts: 55 Arc User
    Electromagnetic Burst [ULTIMATE]
    Electromagnetic Burst unleashes a massive blast of electricity around you that electrocutes your foes, leaving them drained and immobile.
    Animation: Telekinetic Eruption stance. While charging, electricity surrounds the user. While attacking, a large electrical explosion occurs, leaving behind dissipating sparks.
    Ranged AoE Damage - Negative Ions
    +50 foot Sphere
    +Charge
    -90 second recharge
    -Must be fully charged.
    +Deals Electrical damage to targets around you.
    +Depletes Energy from targets.
    +Consumes your Negative Ions effect to deal additional Electrical damage and Stun targets.
    +50%/75%/100% chance to apply Negative Ions, based on Rank.
    Advantages
    Power Surge [2 Points]
    +Electromagnetic Burst Roots targets.
    +If any targets has Energy, Electromagnetic Burst applies Power Surge to them. Power Surge causes them to lose Energy each second and reduces their Energy Equilibrium and Energy Generation by 30% for 15 seconds.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Whatever it is, Blasts DEFINITELY need some better Ultimates. The only decent one right now is Grav Driver. The other 2 are utter bunk. I'm STILL not sure what Energy Storm does.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

Whatever it is, Blasts DEFINITELY need some better Ultimates. The only decent one right now is Grav Driver. The other 2 are utter bunk. I'm STILL not sure what Energy Storm does.

It's an ultimate which is basically a whole bunch of different powers wrapped into one, it's a bit of a nightmare coding wise I imagine. It is meant to utilize the following effects which will be present on a target by absorbing them to grant a special charge (which shows as an aura on the character model):

Chill - Increases Critical Severity - buggy IIRC
    Clinging Flames - Makes the secondary blast also have an AoE component
    Containment Fields (PFF, Protection Field, Containment Field(s) which may be present on your target (includes Bastion)) - Absorbs and prevents all forms of shielding from being applied to the target for a duration which can be refreshed. Applies a damage debuff. (Applies a very cool hand aura though)
    Negative Ions - Grants the power a ricochet ability (basically spawns a secondary attack from your primary target which then hits another enemy) - This special charge is particularly buggy and can result in you killing or injuring yourself or allies. Best not to use it. (I have managed to kill myself with it in combat)

'Draining' targets without any of those effects gives you a stacking buff which is meant to increase your damage by 10% per stack (this also prevents you from charging Gigabolt).

It'd be an awesome power if application of those conditions weren't so horrifically specific. It's cooldown is also weird as well.
  • ls975ls975 Posts: 50 Arc User

Negative Ions - Grants the power a ricochet ability (basically spawns a secondary attack from your primary target which then hits another enemy) - This special charge is particularly buggy and can result in you killing or injuring yourself or allies. Best not to use it. (I have managed to kill myself with it in combat)

HOW? WHY?! Did no one think to fix that initially, or is it just "working as intended"?
  • if i were in charge of fixing up energy storm, i'd remove the dependencies on buffs entirely and just make it a chance to randomly spawn one of those effects every tick of the power

probably be a LOT cleaner, code-wise​​
    #LegalizeAwoo