test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 4/20/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2017 in Release Notes
Cybernetic Lockbox
Our new lockbox is out! We are trying something a bit different with this lockbox and will be splitting up costumes into individual unlocks, sort of like how the old Timewarp Lockbox was.

A major complaint with the past lockboxes is that players don't feel like they're getting much of value from a lockbox if they don't get one of the rare items. Setting up the costume parts as individual items will gives players a higher chance of getting a neat unlock, as well as promote trading and selling to collect the sets.

The following items can drop:
Errorlevel Loyal Sidekick
Upload Teleport Travel Power
Upload Teleport Travel Device
Target Locked Device

Cybernetic Costume Box
Suspicious Emote
Kneel Recovery Emote
Mental Impact Ultimate Power

Crate of Questionite
Rare Modification Case

Crate of Drifter Salvage
Modification Case + R3 Respite Mod

The Cybernetic Costume Box can drop the following costumes:
Cybernetic Tights
Cybernetic Hair
Cybernetic Jaw
Cybernetic Collar
Cybernetic Shoulders
Cybernetic Arm Accessories
Cybernetic Bracers
Cybernetic Hands
Cybernetic Belt
Cybernetic Boots
Mechanical Monster
Mechanical Mohawk
Mechanical Mane
Cyber Stealth Mask
Cyber Stealth Wire Hair

New Items:
  • Target Locked device: Grants you a small damage buff, energy when you defeat a foe, and reduces the threat you generate for 10 seconds. If used in tank role you generate threat instead.
  • Respite mod. This mod grants health when you defeat a foe.
  • Upload Teleport: A digital version of teleportation.

New Perks:
  • Trading in a full set of the Cybernetic Costume set will get you the Cybernetic title.
  • Trading in a full set of the Cyber Stealth Costume set will get you the Wireframe title.
  • Trading in a full set of the Mechanical Monster Costume set will get you the Deadlock title.
  • Getting all three perks will get you the Hacker title, which grants you the Talk Defensive emote. This emote unlocks account wide.
  • Using the Target Locked device 5000 times will get you the Target Locked title. This perk will also give you a account bound aura version of the device's visuals.

Onslaught Week
  • Onslaught week is active! You will get bonus Onslaught Currency this week.

Reign of Frogs Open Mission
  • Updated this open mission to use level scaling tech.
  • Lowered the timers on the second and third phases to 5 minutes.
  • Added Gadroon Box Chest, Alien Organic Dagger Style 1, 2 and Alien Organic Pistol Style 3 costumes as possible rewards.
  • Added Targeting and Presence aura as possible rewards.
  • Added Pressure Defense mod as a possible drop from the open mission and Gadroon in general. This mod increases crushing resistance and adds some health.
  • Added Gadroon Mercenary Contract device as a possible reward.
  • The Gadroon Mercenary Contract device has been changed into a toggle. When this device is toggled on you will summon 3 Gadroon to fight alongside you for up to 300 seconds. If they are defeated or 300 seconds pass they will despawn and the device will go on a 300 seconds coolown.
  • The Gadroon summoned have received some attack updates.

ZEN Store
  • Added Cyber Key Pack. This pack includes 25 Medusa's Presence mods and the Light Crusher costume unlock.
  • Medusa's Presence mods buff Telekinetic powers.

Questionite Store
  • Added Cyber Claws costume unlock.

Drifter Store
  • Added Dataminer aura.

Misc
  • Lowered the duration of footprint aura to 3 seconds.
  • Made it so the footprint aura cannot be stacked. This was done as the aura was taking up more memory than intended.
  • Added a new texture to the werewolf tail bloodmoon unlock to allow for multiple color channels. You may have to resave your costume to apply this new texture.
  • Added Dragon Whiskers and Spikes Meandering Calf free costumes.
  • Added 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 10k, 25k and 100k count death perks.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I very strongly dislike the costume separate costume drops.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I hope this scattered costumes experiment will fail, Locbox costume sets need to be remained as a single costume unlock

15 pieces? really now? This is overkill​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited April 2017
    Getting all three perks will get you the Hacker title, which grants you the Talk Defensive emote. This emote unlocks account wide.
    Using the Target Locked device 5000 times will get you the Target Locked title. This perk will also give you a account bound aura version of the device's visuals.
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Medusa's Presence mods buff Telekinetic powers.
    YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Hey, atlast no need to pay 1200Gs for a 1-2 pieces you like.
    I'm positivly positive for this.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    As long as costume prices settle at a decent rate in a while. Of course they'll be astronomical​ at first.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User

Hey, atlast no need to pay 1200Gs for a 1-2 pieces you like.
    I'm positivly positive for this.

Although those 1-2 pieces that everyone wants are going to cost you more then 700G each, but it's true, now people stupid enough to use keys on lockboxes are going to be getting doubles and triples of stuff they don't want or already have!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    They really ought to explain here why they took the gear out of the lockboxes.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited April 2017
    I agree? Why this box doesn't include Legion gear? this was one of the most popular item from lockboxes?
    How am I going to gear up my alt characters now? I want them to better gear than heroics for endgame
    Getting all three perks will get you the Hacker title, which grants you the Talk Defensive emote. This emote unlocks account wide.
    Can we please have a VISUAL REFERENCE for the emote?
    This is just shooting at the dark
    EDIT: Nevermind, Errorlevel in rencen is using it
    Added Dragon Whiskers and Spikes Meandering Calf free costumes.

well im dissapointed, I was expecting REAL long Dragon Whiskers, something to go along the celestial dragon head,
    spiritedaway-dragon.jpg

this is just the whiskers from the dragon mouth masks​​
    You know what we haven't had in a really long time? A Zen sale!!!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Maybe it has to do with the Secondary Gear drop (merc/legion) taking up the slot, and the last time I check, secondary merc aren't the best thing to get in a lockbox.
    I was more interested in them explaining why they dropped the primary pieces,
    qawsada said:

Maybe it has to do with the Secondary Gear drop (merc/legion) taking up the slot, and the last time I check, secondary merc aren't the best thing to get in a lockbox.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User

I was more interested in them explaining why they dropped the primary pieces,

It could be that all or none deal. Either Both set of gears are obtainable in a lockbox or they're not.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Are any of they key bundle / lame sidekick costume bits going to be available in a separate bundle? You know, for people who think wasting money on a piece of crap pet or buying boatloads of key is stupid but still want to buy the costume bits?

Pimping lockboxes isn't to promote trading, it's to promote more key sales. Promoting trading would mean actually improving the AH and adding similar amounts of juicy things to trade by playing the game. What if Legion gear was a rare drop stuff like the Warzone mobs? Or maybe you can blow 975 Hermes Rec to buy a piece?

OnSlaught is still full of sadness.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Opinion: not enjoying the specific pieces of costumes much, the idea is good in paper, but now I'd much rather just wait at AH than buy any lockboxes, which defeats the purpose of making the lockboxes more enticing.

Suggestion: It's a long one, but bear with me:

1) Make it a coupon, voucher, ticket, instead of a Box, exactly alike the collector store, yes;
    2) Make the Showcase NPCs trade your voucher for the costume piece you want;
    3) Add an unlock-all voucher from opening the lockbox, as rare as unlocking the old unlock-all costumes in boxes;
    4) Make said unlock-all voucher be able to be turned into individual vouchers on the Showcase NPC;
    5) Since the Showcase NPC would be gone while the lockbox would stay after a week or more, either add this feature to the Collector, or make it so every new lockbox NPC still shows the old shops, until the costume pieces are sent to Collector's Store for the normal collector vouchers.

That way, you are bringing both options and encouraging selling these vouchers. Would most likely not want to call them "vouchers" so to not confuse with the Collector's.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm... it will be interesting to see how well this lockbox does. I think the Cybernetic Costume Box should have been a separate key box from the main Cybernetic Box. That way, the Mercenary and Legion Gear could have been added back in. I'm surprised that the devs didn't take the advantage of having 2 sources of key sales at the same time.
  • rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    Spikes Meandering Calf.... in belt?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Though I like that Reign of Frogs was revamped, it doesn't seem to scale at all with the number of heroes. When half a dozen level 40s show up, it is over in about 2 minutes.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited April 2017
    ok a few more things

1.Reign of Frogs Open Mission doesn't have Perk/Titles for multiply completitions? why? Asciing for Trouble has!
    2.What are the names of the new death perks? We would appriciate if the names of the perks were in the patch notes so we can know in advanced
    3.What's with those INHUMAN numbers for perks? 5000 uses? really?
    4.Why Respite mod has both Damage Type resistance AND HP bonuses while other Resistance mods (fire, ice, toxic e.t.c) don't have?​​
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Regular Gadroon mobs drop the new Pressure Defense 3, not just mobs that are part of Reign of Frogs.

Intended?

I didn't read carefully.

D'oh!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    I'm glad the only thing I want is in the Q store. Separate drops are... well not fun.
  • bodehn#5025 bodehn Posts: 13 Arc User
    See, while I like the Cybernetic set as a whole, I feel like it could have done with a Beast Legs option for it. Something to give those of us who use that more options, you know? So could we please get a Cybernetic Beast Tights part?
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    By breaking the costume into pieces and removing the gear boxes you've removed value from the lockbox. This feels more like it has to do with key sales then it does with adding value. If you wanted to add value you would use concepts from other games such as SWTOR, as bad of a game as it is the CM packs are a much better value.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Question: is it a bug that the Light Crusher sword only uses materials when a costume piece? If you use it as a weapon it seems to be stuck with the default metal and no option to change it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Question: is it a bug that the Light Crusher sword only uses materials when a costume piece? If you use it as a weapon it seems to be stuck with the default metal and no option to change it.

Weapons cannot have access to materials options
    Only the Back costume can, it's Working as Intented​​
    avianos said:

I hope this scattered costumes experiment will fail, Locbox costume sets need to be remained as a single costume unlock

15 pieces? really now? This is overkill​​

Funny how most of the single costume unlocks didn't have anywhere near that many, again I'm certain this has little to do with adding value to the lockboxes.

• Bug: The Mohawk Wolf from the Wolf Monster head is currently only the third channel and a solid color, rather than its usual first two channels with two-color support.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Bug: The Mohawk Wolf from the Wolf Monster head is currently only the third channel and a solid color, rather than its usual first two channels with two-color support.

Yup. There's also a similar change to the third channel for the Werewolf Eyebrows...

There's also a big problem with the new Dragon Whiskers, the whisker on the character's left side is totally warped, a problem that didn't happen on the Dragon Mask that they were taken from...

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    So... Cyber Khopesh isn't live? Odd...
    sekhmet46 said:

So... Cyber Khopesh isn't live? Odd...

Maybe it's being made into an actual khopesh shape. The last model needed more khopesh

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Maybe it's being made into an actual khopesh shape. The last model needed more khopesh

I really hope so, that so called Khopesh looked more like a Scythe instead of an actual Khopesh​​
    edited April 2017
    True. Anyway, I'm happy with the split-up costumes, in this case at least, just finished snagging the last of the costumes. Got every single one, Cyber Stealth and Mechanical Monster stuff included, for a total cost of just over 1K. Pretty good for day 1 of the lockbox.
    edited April 2017
    avianos said:

Only the Back costume can, it's Working as Intented​​
    Cannot have? that seems rather odd since there's a variety of materials used in the weapon options we have.

Also.... #5 seems to be using an alternate material option. Or is this a case where the material is chosen by the power?

And yeah I have no idea what's up with #1..... It looks like a thin-blade variant, but I have no idea how or if you could use that.
    Post edited by markhawkman on
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

Only the Back costume can, it's Working as IntentedCannot have? that seems rather odd since there's a variety of materials used in the weapon options we have.

Also.... #5 seems to be using an alternate material option. Or is this a case where the material is chosen by the power?

And yeah I have no idea what's up with #1..... It looks like a thin-blade variant, but I have no idea how or if you could use that.
    In case you didn't read the costume's unlock description, the weapon unlocks for different powerframes
    1. MA Blades
    2. Heavy Weapons
    3. TK Blades
    4. Lasers Sword

The "Material" and different variations you see in each was created exclusively for different powers
    • #1 is for Laser Swords
    • #2 is for SIngle and Dual blade
    • #3 is just the backpiece
    • #4 is the Heavy Weapon
    • #5 is the TK blade
    ​​

In case you didn't read the costume's unlock description, the weapon unlocks for different powerframes
    1. Lasers Sword (#1)
    2. MA Blades (#2)
    3. Heavy Weapons (#4)
    4. TK Blades (#5)

The different "material" and variations you see for each one is exclusive to the powerframe that is using it​​
  • dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
    aiqa said:

Ya, but for the company good money maker as long as people keep buying those keys :angry: , Why gamble and waste all that money on one win when they can make you do it 20 more times for "that one last part you need to finish the set"

but that thats alittle much for a outfit
    You know the Cybernetic Lockbox's icon has some serious [ A E S T H E T I C S ] going on

An Electric or Gadgeteer revamp would fit with the theme of the lockbox (which appears to be cyberspace apparently)

watch when the costumes flood the AH and stay there unsold :|​​
    avianos said:

1. Lasers Sword (#1)
    2. MA Blades (#2)
    3. Heavy Weapons (#4)
    4. TK Blades (#5)

The different "material" and variations you see for each one is exclusive to the powerframe that is using it​
    It doesn't actually SAY that it gives different costume options for each powerframe, it does however have a long list of material options. Also #1 makes just as much sense for Martial arts weapons as #2 does..... etc...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    dpglerch said:

aiqa said:

Ya, but for the company good money maker as long as people keep buying those keys :angry: , Why gamble and waste all that money on one win when they can make you do it 20 more times for "that one last part you need to finish the set"

but that thats alittle much for a outfit

There a few people who have the entire set already.. and they bought the pieces fairly cheap from the AH. You don't really have to gamble if you don't want too -- at least right now, since the box is current.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited April 2017
    Ok it turns out Reign of La Frogs DOES have perks for multiply completitions, i was looking at the wrong category

6Jb2knr.png

The perks are in the Exploration tab
    25 times - Spaceship title
    200 times - Space Invander
    i don't know what is next​​
    edited April 2017

There a few people who have the entire set already.. and they bought the pieces fairly cheap from the AH. You don't really have to gamble if you don't want too -- at least right now, since the box is current.

The "fairly cheap" prices have disappeared fast tho' (except for the least wanted pieces). The average prices all shot up after the initial feeding frenzy.

I saw someone post that they got all the pieces for less than 1000 G and I'm glad for them. Not really possible now though unless you count gifts from friends or "mates' rates"

It's early days tho' I suppose it's *possible* that prices could drop again.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Pieces were like 50-75Gs a piece. Tights were 150. Whole set cost me far less that 1500Gs the whole sets usually go. Didn't have to wait the price to drop. And its more like whole costume set and 2 separate sets of pieces.
    So i'm happy.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2017

Pieces were like 50-75Gs a piece. Tights were 150. Whole set cost me far less that 1500Gs the whole sets usually go. Didn't have to wait the price to drop. And its more like whole costume set and 2 separate sets of pieces.
    So i'm happy.

The operative word being "were". One day in and they are much more expensive than that.

I got them all cheap too, but it's a different story now. Maybe they will drop again for those that weren't fortunate enough to be in the initial trading frenzy, only time will tell.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Definitely saw more trade and AH activity than any lockbox release in recent memory. Unlocked everything by selling surplus items and buying the stuff that was missing. And made 5k G in the process.

Prices will be very spiky early on...both unusually high and low. They'll settle down by Monday and then get less expensive over time as the people who must have the latest thing ASAP acquire everything and no longer need it.
    edited April 2017
    kamokami said:

Definitely saw more trade and AH activity than any lockbox release in recent memory. Unlocked everything by selling surplus items and buying the stuff that was missing. And made 5k G in the process.

Wow, you must have opened quite a lot of lockboxes to get enough surplus items to sell to make 5k G. Gratz.

zrdRBy8.png
    Or the pieces will get more expensive once the whales get what they want and with fewer lockboxes being open fewer costume pieces available due to lack of supply.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I just noticed the clipping with gems on the Arcane Mage Necklace was fixed :) A super big THANK YOU to the Devs for that!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    So much negativity toward the single piece costume unlocks. What if, next time, they gave us the best of both worlds? Single drops as well as the (rarer) whole package?​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    I was advocating for this back when it was on PTS, but the Devs have superior knowledge and insight into the game that we dont, so that suggestion was not followed ... then. Let's see about next time.
    aesica said:

So much negativity toward the single piece costume unlocks. What if, next time, they gave us the best of both worlds? Single drops as well as the (rarer) whole package?​​

JwLmWoa.png
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Also, looking more closely at the pieces:

1) I love how some of them have extra material types: glass, shadow, holo, psi, etc. It means I plan on getting a few pieces I was otherwise expecting to skip (bracer, shoulders, I just wish they were more consistent, because right now, some have these extra material options and some don't, and this makes it a bit harder to get everything matching properly if you want to step outside the normal cloth-leather-metal box.

2) I want to love this belt--I mean I kinda do because of the buttcape, but those clunky sideplates are killing me. It'd be nice to have an option to hide them. Plus, I kind of was hoping for a buttcape I could use along with the arcane mage belt, but instead, they compete. On well, one of these days, the dream of using both a crotchcape AND a buttcape together will be realized.

Also, while I suspect this is just a limitation of how the semitransparent material types work, it'd have been nice to choose between both the basic "cape" look as well as the "stripped" appearance for all material types.

Not that it matters much since this is already live (I was late to the PTS party, oops) but figured I'd mention these things anyway, then hope for the future. ;)​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).