test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20160729.8 - Qliphothic Warzone: Zone Feedback

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2016 in PTS - The Archive
Please post feedback on the new zone here.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/categories/gameplay-bugs1.
Posts that do not specifically pertain to the current PTS patch will be removed.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    My first impressions: THANK GOD FOR A PERMANENT QLIPHOTHIC ZONE. You do not even know the struggle I've had wanting something like this for a loooong time!

Good Things:

- Zone Cap for this zone is 30, which means that you could probably have zones to yourself as an SG, which is great for larger scale RP or just working together on something.
    - Very good look so far, I like that multiple bits of the game have been used to forge this zone. I can see bits from Canada, Lemuria, Multifaria, Monster Island etc. Very very nice! I am sure it will get prettier somehow.
    - Mobs: I like the varied mobs in the zone which are all brought together. The difficulty of them will likely encourage teaming which is always a good thing, however where they are at right now (at least to me on my main) is a good level so they can be solo'd if you so choose, but it will take longer. I do like the fact that you now also have to apply "VIPER" logic to more enemy groups, so taking out a buffer in the group is something that you need to do and FAST, much like with Leader Drones & Brickbusters.
    - ITS A NEW PERMANENT ZONE :smiley:
    - Making increased use of UNTIL's HQ! Something I've been happy to see recently/ of late. The room is just awesome and the portal and everything! (Those Hermes dudes are a bit...creepy looking but don't change it)

Bad Things:

- I guess, if I had to say something...er...it's a teeny bit barren at the moment, sure it's a realm of decay, but perhaps there could be nods to Demonflame and Aftershock lying around? The odd burning VIPER transport...or even include a perk for finding a "Random VIPER Soldier" *shrugs*
    - Lacks a Collections Officer - Perhaps have someone from Project Hermes as the Collections Officer...or an actual Collections Officer, just someone we can sell to.
    - Perhaps set up an UNTIL HQ email terminal within the UNTIL stronghold as well as a few other facilities usually found in zones, like crafting tables.

Suggestions

* Include more facilities within the zone, so that players don't have to hop through several zones just to mess around with crafting, offloading items or sending items via mail.
    * Employ a brave soul to journey to the new zone to be our Collections Officer.

That's all I've got for now for this section...
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Suggestion: The stairs leading up to the large temple in the area with the horrors is a PITA to climb up, and can in fact present a challenge for any melee characters trying to make their way up it during a fight to hit something, especially if they have to block to not die on the way up - the sides are easier to get up to, but it can still be a pita. If possible, please just add a flat collision to it to make it a simple upwards ramp.

Suggestion: The south-east area of the map is pretty much unused at the moment. Maybe add some more of those tent camps over there with the Unstable Brutes. Or maybe infinite waves of lower level enemies constantly assaulting the perimeter of the Until fort?
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

Good Things:

- Mobs: I like the varied mobs in the zone which are all brought together. The difficulty of them will likely encourage teaming which is always a good thing, however where they are at right now (at least to me on my main) is a good level so they can be solo'd if you so choose, but it will take longer. I do like the fact that you now also have to apply "VIPER" logic to more enemy groups, so taking out a buffer in the group is something that you need to do and FAST, much like with Leader Drones & Brickbusters.

Bad Things:

- Lacks a Collections Officer - Perhaps have someone from Project Hermes as the Collections Officer...or an actual Collections Officer, just someone we can sell to.
    - Perhaps set up an UNTIL HQ email terminal within the UNTIL stronghold as well as a few other facilities usually found in zones, like crafting tables.

Suggestions

* Include more facilities within the zone, so that players don't have to hop through several zones just to mess around with crafting, offloading items or sending items via mail.

These things.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

These things.

Did you really need to quote that entire thing just to type "these things" under it? I mean, her post was right there...
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    I never thought I would see CO get a new zone. This is a very big deal.
    Hats off to the dev team for FAR exceeding my expectations :D (I never say this)!

Suggestion:
    I think there should be a "teleport to Q war zone device" similar to the teleport to Rencen device.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

I never thought I would see CO get a new zone. This is a very big deal.
    Hats off to the dev team for FAR exceeding my expectations :D (I never say this)!

Suggestion:
    I think there should be a "teleport to Q war zone device" similar to the teleport to Rencen device.

Agreed, maybe make it get rewarded to you after you enter the portal?
  • highrealityhighreality Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    First of all, I think this zone could use a powerhouse. It's a major zone, and you're going to spend quite some time in it. It should get the standard zone assets. I didn't check if there was a tailor, vendor and such, but I think those should also be there.

Also, for ambiance purposes, I would really like to see : more mobs, some huge difficult mobs standing around, like Colossus sized ones, and also airborne winged horrors ; over all more danger points and some really high danger points that you want to avoid if you're trying to travel. Basically, the danger would be more omnipresent and you would have to fight or at least think your way through, not just fly over things in total freedom and skip everything. I know that even then people can TP/tunnel/run really fast and achieve it anyway but heh. If you really wanted to go hardcore you'd disable travel powers all around but I don't think people would like it.

More danger everywhere would reinforce the "MMO end game" kind of feeling this place already has, it would make it more scary and opressive to navigate and feel more rewarding to survive in there. It would justify the presence of a healer/rezzer in groups, because if you die you can't just boost to where you were, you have to fight your way through again and thus the penalty for dying isn't null like it is in most open world content. I don't really expect it to happen though.. but I think it would really benefit the whole thing.
    It would be like the epitome of things you're able to take on after long years of training, you're really strong now and you're elite and part of the few who can survive there. That's the idea at least. I want it to feel more ultimate.

I think people who are unprepared should be almost scared to go there. I know that then some people are just going to not go, but from a MMO design point of view it's fair game.

----------------

As for the zone itself, it's really, really good. It's as epic as CO gets, my only concern is that some mission / open mission places feel too much like they're here out of nowhere, I'm thinking some kind of brown flat platform I saw, it pops out too much and doesn't fit in as good as the rest. But otherwise, I know it's just mostly reused assets but it makes me happy anyway. It feels like what people have been waiting for since a long time.

Also I'm not good at structuring posts so I'm just going to tape this here, have some rare drops from mobs/bosses in the area. Think costume pieces from vibora bay. That would make for some shinies you can "bring back" from the Qliphotic warzone, sell it to people who can't afford to go there, and stuff. Cause right now the economy is lame, it basically only consists of lockbox stuff since pretty much everything good is BoP and has been put in stores with 100 different currencies, and yet you keep the trend going with everything you added, you just sticked it in the SCR GCR store and that feels supremely bad cause it's the armor of maybe the biggest bad guy in the game and you buy it.. randomly from a shop that also sells potions and auras for some reason. Have rare drops please, those are part of the classic MMO "i found a shiny" awesome feeling ; the "i grinded for exactly the time i expected and I got this thing as I knew I would" is just lame in comparison.

And finally :
    I see a lot of frowning and disdain about the theme though, and about the grinds it's going to bring, people completely disregarding the fact that it's a big chunk of new content. All I think about this is, it's a bit too late in the CO lifespan to drop this. A lot of people (especially on those boards) got grumpy over time and their CO experience is washed out, they decide to see the bad grind side first, instead of seeing the good side, which is new epic content to play through ; they basically boil everything down to effort/reward value, leaving out the fun factor. Well anyway, good job.
    Post edited by highreality on

(°∇° ) #megalodon2015
    spinnytop said:

These things.

Did you really need to quote that entire thing just to type "these things" under it? I mean, her post was right there...
    Did you really need to quote me saying "These things" in order to criticize my post? I mean, it was only a two word sentence.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Suggestion: The south-east area of the map is pretty much unused at the moment. Maybe add some more of those tent camps over there with the Unstable Brutes. Or maybe infinite waves of lower level enemies constantly assaulting the perimeter of the Until fort?
    Or hidden mini-bases for other factions; both Viper and Demon might plausibly be spying on the entire situation.​​

it was only a two word sentence.

Yes, and not a huge post. that's kind of the point.

Also, for ambiance purposes, I would really like to see : more mobs, some huge difficult mobs standing around, like Colossus sized ones, and also airborne winged horrors ; over all more danger points and some really high danger points that you want to avoid if you're trying to travel. Basically, the danger would be more omnipresent and you would have to fight or at least think your way through, not just fly over things in total freedom and skip everything. I know that even then people can TP/tunnel/run really fast and achieve it anyway but heh. If you really wanted to go hardcore you'd disable travel powers all around but I don't think people would like it.

Flying mobs in this zone, especially ones with ranged attacks, would be great. This place should be dangerous. Perhaps the weird gas jets could inflict damage, too.

[quoted for emphasis and agreement]

• knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    It needs an RP Hang Out if there isn't one already.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It's... a bit dull (sorry).

The zone is a bit small.

The missions are crammed into too small a space, so that you'll get lots of unintentional interaction - people running the "free the humans" Elder Worms mission are going to crash into the "pick up the Worm gems" mission, and all of them are going to crash into the side of the map (as you'll see if you try doing it in a vehicle).

The 30 toon zone limit seems sensible but generally there needs to be wider mission areas, more occurrences of the of the mission objective characters (the Dark Disciples, etc), clearer marking of those objectives (I had absolutely no idea where the humans I was rescuing from the Elder Worms actually were), faster respawn times for enemies and objectives (that's key when you've got OP hero teams), and lower mission requirements (20 worm gems? Never more than 10 of anything, especially when getting it means fighting the same battle 20 times).

So... thanks v much, but it needs a bit of work. (sorry, again).
    Terminus base has all these watchtowers around the edge of the base. They are all empty. This seems silly.​​
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    All of the high level platforms are empty - they should all have sentries of some kind on them (this would increase the difficulty for ranged/flying heroes, too, so probably a good thing if applies to villain areas).
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Good Things:

Bad Things:

Suggestions

These things.
    These things x2

Maybe have a small building in the UNTIL area that can be used as a hub for things like AH terminals, vendor, Until terminal, and a bar with a summoned demon bartender.

The zone is a bit small, by which I mean a lot of the content is near the edges of the map. There should be a bigger buffer between the content and the edges. I spent a good amount of time with my screen turning greyscale.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    This zone is currently missing BGM in it.

Suggestion:
    I recommend adding BGM to the zone. Preferrably using Rastrinfhar's Abyss BGM for the Destroid Base, Fallen Sun Forest BGM for the Horror Temple, Wayfarer Coast BGM for the Elder Worm Base, and the Undying Reef BGM for the UNTIL Base.
    ​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    xrazamax said:

Good Things:

Bad Things:

Suggestions

These things.
    These things x2

Maybe have a small building in the UNTIL area that can be used as a hub for things like AH terminals, vendor, Until terminal, and a bar with a summoned demon bartender.

The zone is a bit small, by which I mean a lot of the content is near the edges of the map. There should be a bigger buffer between the content and the edges. I spent a good amount of time with my screen turning greyscale.

Flying mobs in this zone, especially ones with ranged attacks, would be great. This place should be dangerous. Perhaps the weird gas jets could inflict damage, too.

[quoted for emphasis and agreement]
    I agree with both of these.
    edited August 2016
    After a bit of deliberation, I've come to realize that the Elder Worm Base is structured horribly. It is as if things were just slapped down wherever they could fit. It does not feel like a base at all and is set up rather close to the temple. The hordelands also feel incredibly empty, perhaps we could hide lore, maybe add a neat little open mission somewhere in there in regards to attacking/defending small outposts?

I would actually argue that the current location of the Elder Worm Base be moved South and for the Elder Worm Base and Horror's Temple to then trade places. Some of the clutter around the zone could be moved or removed to free up some space for this to happen, and gives exploring the zone a bit more consistancy rather than having everything packed into the top half of the area. Extra bits of lore of the Qliphothic Zone we can interact with would also be nice.

And yes, I agree that the zone itself should feel more hostile. Flying Units, Portals across the Hordelands, Chaos Vents dealing damage and knocking away Heroes, etc. More attacks happening that we can intervene in, and maybe even be rewarded for!​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Suggestion: I think something that would help the zone feel more... varied and "zone like" would be the addition of tall structures. Currently, the zone is sort of like looking at the bottom of a sea floor. There is plenty of interesting stuff down there, but just looking at from up high makes it look like its barren. Tall structures - whether they are apartments, sky scrappers, trees in the rain forest, snowy mountains, or canyons, varied elevation causes a sense of mystery as if things are hiding behind the corner of the structures in your sight.

Side note: Can I please stand on top of the tallest structure in the zone? I wanna do a lion roar like it is Pride Rock :P
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Side note: Can I please stand on top of the tallest structure in the zone? I wanna do a lion roar like it is Pride Rock :P

Ha! Ok Simba! (sorry, couldn't resist)
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    This is very little and not quite necessary to be changed, but Captain Tyche seems to not have collision, which most NPCs do (as in, you can go right through him).
  • Am I the only person who thinks Qliphoth has been overused to the point of becoming a bad joke?

On a more practical level, we really didn't need another zone; most players don't even use the ones we have now. What we needed was more content (worth doing) in the zones that already existed.

Am I the only person who thinks Qliphoth has been overused to the point of becoming a bad joke?

On a more practical level, we really didn't need another zone; most players don't even use the ones we have now. What we needed was more content (worth doing) in the zones that already existed.

It has been very much overemphasized considering it is only ONE of the places within the Multiverse.

However, to me this focus in this PTS update brings together and concludes the following:

* Demonflame
    * Aftershock
    * Nightmare Invasion Event

So it seems like a very long story line which has taken time to develop.

Much like how the things with Mechanon seem to have progressed:

* Whiteout
    * Anniversary Event/Attack
    * Brief mention of a lore villain/hero Captain Chronos as a nod towards Mechanon
    * Steel Crusade Arc

I do hope that focus could be put into developing existing zones, once Shadow of Destruction is finalized and looks LIVE ready.
  • Qliphoth should have been visited once. Maybe twice, if you want to push it. But by this point, nearly everything of consequence in the setting is connected to Qliphoth, from the Bleak Ones to the Elder Worms to Shadow Destroyer to even alert bosses.

Meanwhile, we've never been to the Hell or myth realm, Isth'Vhan has only ever been mentioned, Dark Seraph has yet to show himself (but sends his flunkies after us), and the poster villain of the setting has yet to do a single thing.

Qliphoth is supposed to be alien, unfathomable, far away, terrifying, and special. Instead, it is now more mundane than gangsters.

If they want to give us new content, they should actually give us new content, not rehash the same old thing over and over. Enough with Shadow Dork already.

And what did Whiteout have to do with Mechanon?

• sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    To be called a "warzone" it sure is open and empty.
    I think there should be more NPCs fighting in this zone.
    There should be more NPC vs NPC fights scattered throughout the zone to fill up empty space and help the zone live up to its name.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Qliphoth is supposed to be alien, unfathomable, far away, terrifying, and special. Instead, it is now more mundane than gangsters.

This is especially true when you factor in the recurring nightmare invasion event, as well as the headache-inducing, god-awful lighting effect it fouls up Millennium City with. I do hope this is the last Quigklajsgkjasgpoth-based thing that gets added to the game and that we can move onto more (potentially) interesting zone concepts and plotlines.

Still, something's better than nothing I guess.
    Post edited by aesica on
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited August 2016
    aesica said:

spinnytop said:

This is especially true when you factor in the recurring nightmare invasion event, as well as the headache-inducing, god-awful lighting effect it fouls up Millennium City with. I do hope this is the last Quigklajsgkjasgpoth-based thing that gets added to the game and that we can move onto more (potentially) interesting zone concepts and plotlines.

How you screwed that quote up I'm not even sure.

He was in it.
    spinnytop said:

aesica said:

spinnytop said:

How you screwed that quote up I'm not even sure.
    For once we agree on something. These forums do the weirdest crap sometimes. I'll go fix that post.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    To add more color, could just add some random hazards. Like a wandering nightmare colossus and/or crystal colossus. No mission or anything, it's just there​​
    edited August 2016
    ^ Oh, that takes me back to the early WoW days, during Burning Crusade. Anyone who played back then certainly remembers these wandering murder machines. For those who don't know, Fel Reavers became infamous for wandering around the zone, killing anyone in their patrol path if they didn't high-tail it out of their way.

It'd also be nice to have some things flying around. For a place that's supposed to be filled with death and danger, it feels remarkably safe and tranquil up in the skies
  • edited August 2016
    spinnytop said:

He was in it.

Are you sure you don't mean Cyberlord? Or was the mysterious person at the end supposed to be Mechanon?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I just maneuvered around them... or led them to ambush other people.
    is there more than one respawn point, I kept going back to the base.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

aesica said:

^ Oh, that takes me back to the early WoW days, during Burning Crusade. Anyone who played back then certainly remembers these wandering murder machines. For those who don't know, Fel Reavers became infamous for wandering around the zone, killing anyone in their patrol path if they didn't high-tail it out of their way.

It'd also be nice to have some things flying around. For a place that's supposed to be filled with death and danger, it feels remarkably safe and tranquil up in the skies

I agree; the Warzone feels very safe; it's safer than Aftershock, which has wandering ground and flying mobs. I also think the threat pathing of mobs are too short; it's easy to avoid/get away from them. I'm surprised that there is a GCR/SCR vendor within the zone, since there is one inside of the Until Building not far from the portal. The base could use a couple of extra NPC's selling basic needs.

When you zone into the Warzone, it should have an oppressive feeling of everpresent danger with no where to hide; even the base should have the feeling of getting ambushed at any moment, not the leftovers that come to tease the guards at the front of the base. Think of Demonflame: when you first zone into the Q-Realm; the guards and Witchcraft (for a short time) are engaged in defending the portal base from attack, and those attacks come in waves with little respite in between. The Q-Warzone should look and feel more dangerous than Demonflame and Aftershock put together times 2.

Suggestion: Please consider lengthening the path for mobs (ground and flying) when they chase heroes. For example, the Horrors that are in the Manimal Tents should chase players to within 300 feet of the base, bringing any others that are close to them. The Horrors that are right next the base for the Resupply Daily mission should chase you all the way to the portal if they can get past the guards and the NPC's.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Do different enemy factions fight each other? Or are they all just farting around, waiting for some random hero to show up? Are there any random events / spawn points? It'd be super if an addition called "Warzone" was a good as the Fallout / Skyrim mods.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009

spinnytop said:

He was in it.

Are you sure you don't mean Cyberlord? Or was the mysterious person at the end supposed to be Mechanon?
    Oh right it was Cyberdork.

So why are we talking about Mechanon and Whiteout? o3o
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    The zone base needs a tailor and powerhouse added to it. It would make it easier for those who wanted to adjust their powers or costumes.

Flying is a very easy way to avoid mobs. Probably too easy. I second the suggestion to add some flying mobs to the zone.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    sterga said:

Do different enemy factions fight each other? Or are they all just farting around, waiting for some random hero to show up? Are there any random events / spawn points? It'd be super if an addition called "Warzone" was a good as the Fallout / Skyrim mods.

Yes, the mobs sit and wait for heroes to show up. You would think that they would fight each other to be the dominate prescence there.
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    kyastral said:

sterga said:

Yes, the mobs sit and wait for heroes to show up. You would think that they would fight each other to be the dominate prescence there.
    Yeah periodic zone events would really make the zone dynamic although not sure if that is doable with the current tech.
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

gemini2099 wrote: »
    My impression is that the groups you deal with in the zone are allied. Not sure why it's called a warzone. It might be interesting to have some actual fighting involving a different faction going on.
    gemini2099 wrote: »
    Yeah periodic zone events would really make the zone dynamic although not sure if that is doable with the current tech.
    It's certainly possible to have hostile factions, and to have open missions that spawn entities (see, for example, the Qularr and Viper fighting each other in Nadir of the Invaders).

My impression is that the groups you deal with in the zone are allied. Not sure why it's called a warzone. It might be interesting to have some actual fighting involving a different faction going on.

That is my impression as well. Not sure why anyone thought they were all fighting each other - they were perfectly allied when they invaded M-City after all, there is clearly a unifying cause among them.

Having a repeated event where waves of enemies attack the Until base would add to the atmosphere.
    Bug:
    The bases have many geometry and architecture issues which need to be addressed.

-The front wall of Threshold has poorly placed wall/ground where you can walk under the wall and see its empty insides. The ground at the front wall-barricade also clips into the ground.
    -The main building at the Temple of the Forgotten Gods has stairs that cannot be climbed, they have to be jumped on top of for ground-players to make their way to the top. This would be a great spot to utilize an Invisible Collision Hull to mechanically force the stairs to act like a ramp instead to avoid having to scale the building down or rework the asset for the stairs to be usable.
    -The Elder Worm Domain has several floating Mission Objects and Platforms all around it. This is an overall poorly constructed base that needs to be revised. Moving structures and objectives to a different location entirely instead of working in its current space may be more beneficial than keeping it in its current noisy area. I personally feel that this area is not really even a base, but rather just a spot where buildings were sloppily laid out.
    -The Terminus Base has a couple of buildings with negative space underneath them which players can easily spot. Once again, this does not feel at all like a base in its current state, much like the Elder Worm Domain. Buildings seem to have just been randomly placed down without any forethought to the flow of the base and objectives are scattered all over the place. On top of that, it feels incredibly empty.
    ​​

• crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer

​​
    edited August 2016
    Bug: Captain Tyche has been demoted to Regen Dummy. His name (when you click on him) and his passive are: Regen Dummy and Ultimate Regen respectively.

With the addition of certain...things...the zone overall feels scarier...I kinda dread running into those wandering Nightmare Colossi when running normal missions lol.

Also...I assume they'll be appropriately balanced for 30 level 40s? Since the Nightmare Event ones are more 50-100 player focused IIRC.

Since the Nightmare Event ones are more 50-100 player focused IIRC.

Absent orbs granting them regeneration a Nightmare Colossus could be soloed (though doing so would be slow and boring) and even the event versions were regularly done by twenty people or so. In any case, it doesn't really matter how tough something is if you don't have any particular reason to fight it.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    The additions to the zone are nice. The vendors are easy to find and identify.

Thanks
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • erstarkerstark Posts: 14 Arc User
    now that this is PTS maybe its too late to "suggest" certain types of architecture or places, but thsi guy work always gives me a dreadful vibe, specially the city-scapes.

http://doumyakutosi.tumblr.com/

Since the Nightmare Event ones are more 50-100 player focused IIRC.

Absent orbs granting them regeneration a Nightmare Colossus could be soloed (though doing so would be slow and boring) and even the event versions were regularly done by twenty people or so. In any case, it doesn't really matter how tough something is if you don't have any particular reason to fight it.
    Yeah, that's true. I actually poked one and tested out its damage, it was much less freaky than I expected. I'm sure it'll be updated with weird attacks though >_>

The additions to the zone are nice. The vendors are easy to find and identify.

Thanks

Yes! I forgot to mention this but the addition of several facilities is very useful!
This discussion has been closed.