test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agent Canada's Lottery

agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Fan Base Alpha
Hello Heroes, as many of you know I've run a series of lotteries revolving around my love of comic book superheroes, which of course extended into video games. This thread will not be as active as the others were but hopefully as fun.

perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/248451/christmas-freebie
perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/249362/acs-art-lottery
perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/251910/trick-or-treat-its-another-art-lottery
perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/250561/the-firewatch-art-initiative

Standard Lottery Rules (these never change):
(1) Post the name of your hero, (insert theme requirement).
(2) Post your global name.
(3) Post a full body, full color picture of the hero (doesn't need to be big, just showing head to toe).
* do not post the screen-cap until a winner is announced, no screen cap no doodle however.

I do not claim any of the artwork, once posted it belongs to the winning player, I do post all artwork to my DA page as a bit of self promotion. I currently play Champions Online and Marvel Heroes 2015, so any art that features a Marvel character will also be posted to my thread on the Marvel Heroes 2015 forums.
AC
Post edited by agentcanada on

Comments

• agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Anybody who plays Marvel Heroes knows the anniversary is in full swing and has brought with it a slew of new features and heroes. One thing it doesn't have is character ownership and that's where my lotteries fail, people like fan art but I still really like the lottery aspect, and that's where one of you Champions comes in. I am looking for someone who plays both Marvel and Champions, the prize would be a black&white doodle of your Champions main and your Marvel main standing back to back. All the normal rules apply but you must be active in both games. I will not ask you to post screen caps of your Marvel hero as that might be crossing a line, but would ask for the Hero and specific costume worn as well as the screen cap of your Champion.

(3) Post a full body, full color picture of the hero (doesn't need to be big, just showing head to toe).
    * do not post the screen-cap until a winner is announced, no screen cap no doodle however.

If there is any interest in this type of thing I will close it tomorrow night as I want to get the piece finished and posted before the Anniversary passes.
    AC
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is almost enough to tempt me into downloading Marvel. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    EEEEEE I knew there was a reason I played both games!!!

Champions Hero -

DJ SparkleBunny@Glass-Rose

Marvel Hero -

Squirrel Girl in her modern costume.

Rose_sig.png
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    AC thread! Wooohooooo!

Champs character: Ballistic@RandomChance42

Marvel Character: Deadpool in his classic costume
  • dethknightxdethknightx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This... is awesome.

Champs Character: Milvago@Dark_Xavier

Marvel Hero: Thor in his Marvel NOW! costume.
    edited June 2015
    Well we got the minimum requirement of entries and that means we got an official lottery. I'll set up the list right now.

I am looking for someone who plays both Marvel and Champions, the prize would be a black&white doodle of your Champions main and your Marvel main standing back to back. All the normal rules apply but you must be active in both games. I will not ask you to post screen caps of your Marvel hero as that might be crossing a line, but would ask for the Hero and specific costume worn as well as the screen cap of your Champion.

Marvelous Anniversary
    (01) Champions Hero-DJ SparkleBunny@Glass-Rose ,Marvel Hero-Squirrel Girl in her modern costume.
    (02)Champs character: Ballistic@RandomChance42, Marvel Character: Deadpool in his classic costume
    (03) Champs Character: Milvago@Dark_Xavier, Marvel Hero: Thor in his Marvel NOW! costume.
    (04)
    (05)
    (06)
    Thanks for all the comments and interest,
    AC
  • quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for doing this. It's been like 6 months now since I've played CO, so it took me a few minutes to remember a good toon name.

Champions character: Nexus @ Mojohama

Marvel character: Cable
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good timing. I finally hit the boredom wall on Diablo 3. (At this point, I'm only finishing my Season 3 Barbarian because I'm thisclose to Malthael.)

CO: Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell
    MH: Hawkeye, Hawkguy costume
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited June 2015
    All right let's finalize the list and see which player gets to celebrate a Marvelous Anniversary.

I am looking for someone who plays both Marvel and Champions, the prize would be a black&white doodle of your Champions main and your Marvel main standing back to back. All the normal rules apply but you must be active in both games. I will not ask you to post screen caps of your Marvel hero as that might be crossing a line, but would ask for the Hero and specific costume worn as well as the screen cap of your Champion.

Marvelous Anniversary
    (01) Champions Hero-DJ SparkleBunny@Glass-Rose ,Marvel Hero-Squirrel Girl in her modern costume.
    (02)Champs character: Ballistic@RandomChance42, Marvel Character: Deadpool in his classic costume
    (03) Champs Character: Milvago@Dark_Xavier, Marvel Hero: Thor in his Marvel NOW! costume.
    (04) CO: Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell, MH: Hawkeye, Hawkguy costume

The die bounced skittishly as Doom's armoured gauntlet hammered down on the table. A grating mechanical voice hissed "Why not Doom!"
    The die however faced (3) which I believe is a first time winner, "Congratz to Milvago!"

I'll get started on this one as soon as I get the screen cap and your character's estimated height.

*I left off quasimojo1's post as it seems like an improper post, apologies if I'm wrong.

"Thanks for doing this. It's been like 6 months now since I've played CO, so it took me a few minutes to remember a good toon name."

"Champions character: Nexus @ Mojohama, Marvel character: Cable"
  • dethknightxdethknightx Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Milvago, cybernetic human:

E320CAF26F96F1140071031146737AACD0A0DFEF
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the quick response, hopefully I will be done before week's end. And don't forget it's a free hero this week (pre-Doom).
    AC
    Hello Heroes
    I know it's been awhile but the forum migration kept me from posting the finished doodle here, I had hoped Dethnightx would catch it either on the Marvel Heroes page or on my DA page. I couldn't even double check your character's name to be sure I got it right, but here's the final piece with the names added to the banner.
    ANN2015B_zpsht0t5fce.jpg
    The caption, if necessary, would read:
    'tis a momentous occasion, art thou ready to attempt greatness?
    Are you worthy to wield Mjolnir or does it crash to the ground at your feet? It's completely up to you, and I do hope you get a kick out of your prize.
    AC
  • prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    Now that's a mighty fine drawing indeed. Love how Thor Odinson is cutting his eyes towards Milvago. Nicely done, AC.
    Thanks pal. I was hoping to do another Anniversary pic but it looks like time wasn't on my side and went with a dancing Groot and Gamora instead.
    AC
    Does anybody know if the forum migration is actually done, I get that my old links no longer lead anywhere but are my older art threads gone? If so, then I hope everybody got to download and save their wins before the migration. If not I'll try and repost any requests.

Nothing official but here's the Groot & Gamora pic I mentioned earlier.
    Dancing01:
    Dancing01_zpsr5nuqgdd.jpg
    AC
    Awesome find there eiledon, and no I think that's all of them. I'll replace the old links with these right now.
    AC
    edited June 2015
    Hello Heroes
    Canada Day is fast approaching and summer's here and the time is right for Swimsuit Pin-up. That's right, I'm looking for a Canadian hero to be my Canada Day Pin-Up. I'm running late for work so I'll post the official list when I get home from work but suffice to say you must wear a classic tights costume with a logo and be a Canadian hero. All other normal rules apply. Thanks in advance,
    AC

Edit-I'm home and the week end finally begins.

The Canada Day Pin-Up
    (1) Post the name of your hero, must be a Canadian hero wearing classic tights and a logo.

The Canada Day Pin-Up Lottery
    (01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)
    (06) Agent Canada@Bobbyblaze (placeholder only)

This is going to be a fast close as I want to get started as soon as possible so as not to miss the holiday.
    Post edited by agentcanada on
    edited June 2015
    Well, obviously I'm submitting Piqsirpoq@jonsills for this... :)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

We got our first entry and since this is for Canada Day I won't bother waiting for two to make it an official lottery.

Canada Day is fast approaching and summer's here and the time is right for Swimsuit Pin-up. That's right, I'm looking for a Canadian hero to be my Canada Day Pin-Up. You must wear a classic tights costume with a logo,all other normal rules apply.

The Canada Day Pin-Up
    (1) Post the name of your hero, must be a Canadian hero wearing classic tights and a logo.

The Canada Day Pin-Up Lottery
    (01) Well, obviously I'm submitting Piqsirpoq@jonsills for this... (Welcome aboard)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)
    (06) Agent Canada@Bobbyblaze (placeholder only)

This is going to be a fast close as I want to get started as soon as possible so as not to miss the holiday.
    AC
    All right Piqsirpoq@jonsills, it's all yours. I'll get started on this as soon as you post your screen cap. If you want your face showing (your call) post a maskless shot as well. Happy Canada Day everyone!
    AC
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    Tangleweb@liath

(Note she does have an artificial/cybernetic arm and spider legs - hope that doesn't disqualify her, the rest of her outfit is tights)
    edited June 2015
    Piqsirpoq@jonsills was my only entry when I closed the lottery so he has a couple of days to get his screen caps up. I'll do one up for you for finding my links as a thank you. Go ahead and post a full body and a face if you want it maskless eiledon.
    AC
    All right Piqsirpoq@jonsills, it's all yours. I'll get started on this as soon as you post your screen cap. If you want your face showing (your call) post a maskless shot as well. Happy Canada Day everyone!
    AC
    Here we see Piqsirpoq (Labrador Inuit for "Blizzard"), without his Ice Aura...
    Piqsirpoq_zps22b18ec8.png

...and RCMP officer Louis LeCour on his day off, just enjoying the spectacle of RenCen in Detroit...
    Piqsirpoq%20Civilian_zpswrougt8t.png

edited July 2015
    these damn forums - when i looked at the thread you hadn't posted it was closed and now your post is before mine ac - i will grab some screenies and get them linked. thanks

ah well well done jon
    No worries eiledon and yeah these forums are very hard for casual forum personality like myself to navigate. It's even hard to post to my own thread and I have to verify my account regularly.

I haven't forgotten about you either jonsills, just been ridiculously busy, your piece won't be too much longer.

AC
    I haven't forgotten about you either jonsills, just been ridiculously busy, your piece won't be too much longer.

AC
    No hurry, I'm not going anywhere... :smile:

This is way late but here's Piqsirpoq, in proper beach attire, wishing everyone a Happy Canada Day.
    CanDay01:
    CanDay01_zpscnosrw2g.jpg
    Come on in, the water's... uhh... cold.
    I hope you get a kick out of this bit of patriotic beefcake.
    AC
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    Ha, that's a great one, I dig the frosty beers.​​
    biffsig.jpg
    Ha, that's a great one, I dig the frosty beers.​​
    Can't let the Moulson's get warm, can I? ;)

Great pic as usual, Agent!

Thanks you two, I'm glad it works. Once again apologies for the delay.
    AC
    So Tangleweb's design had me thinking of the exotic girls and as summer is hitting it's full stride here, that is going to be the next lottery theme. So it's a bathing suit pin-up, you must be good looking, regularly wear classic tights with a logo, but you must have an exotic feature that makes you unique but doesn't diminish or completely void your character's beauty. This drawing however is still in black & white so I will not except an odd skin colour as the exotic feature.

The Exotic Pin-Up Lottery
    (01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)

Due to the unknown aspect of this exotic feature I may need a second screen cap to get the details right. This lottery shall run for the usual three days and I'll close it Wednesday night 7:30 pm, my time. Feel free to ask any questions here if your not sure your hero qualifies.
    AC
    Beast Girl@prestochango (Feline eyes and clawed hands)
    The Exotic Pin-Up is going to be the next lottery theme. So it's a bathing suit pin-up, she must be good looking, regularly wear classic tights with a logo, but you must have an exotic feature that makes you unique but doesn't diminish or completely void your character's beauty. This drawing however is still in black & white so I will not except an odd skin colour as her exotic feature.

(01) Beast Girl@prestochango (Feline eyes and clawed hands)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)

In spite of the fact that I think this new format is hard to follow, we do have our first entry. "Welcome Beast Girl"

Due to the unknown aspect of this exotic feature I may need a second screen cap to get the details right. This lottery shall run for the usual three days and I'll close it Wednesday night 7:30 pm, my time. Feel free to ask any questions here if your not sure your hero qualifies.
    AC
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Is it okay for the symbol to be on the belt? If so, Peppermint Cat@kallethen, who's got cat ears and a tail
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    I have to go with Abyss@Rune

The cutest Lemurian that ever had to listen to yet another impromptu A Capella rendition of Under the Sea!

Not just blue skin, also pointy ears, soft glowing eyes and a few fins. Also, gills behind her ears, but nobody gets to see those.
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    Haemo Goblin@themightydork

a tiny goblin princess playing hero in the big city ;D

We have a lot more entire so I'll update the list right now.
    The Exotic Pin-Up is going to be the next lottery theme. So it's a bathing suit pin-up, she must be good looking, regularly wear classic tights with a logo, but you must have an exotic feature that makes you unique but doesn't diminish or completely void your character's beauty. This drawing however is still in black & white so I will not except an odd skin colour as her exotic feature.

(02) Sister Trinity@Bluegrass_Beast - the cutest mutie (mutant hands and feet, glowing eyes).
    (03) Peppermint Cat@kallethen, who's got cat ears and a tail
    (04) Abyss@Rune - Not just blue skin, also pointy ears, soft glowing eyes and a few fins.
    (05)
    (06)

"The tights are a bit torn and the symbol's on her belt-buckle, granted..."
    "Is it okay for the symbol to be on the belt? If so, Peppermint Cat@kallethen, who's got cat ears and a tail"
    *Yes as long as it's a noticeable symbol that I can use somewhere on the bathing suit or beach towel etc.

"Haemo Goblin@themightydork a tiny goblin princess playing hero in the big city ;D"
    *I might have seen your character before, does she meet the tights and logo criteria?

This lottery shall run for the usual three days and I'll close it Wednesday night 7:30 pm, my time. Feel free to ask any questions here if your not sure your hero qualifies.
    AC
  • themightydorkthemightydork Posts: 63 Arc User
    You tell me? ;D

haemogoblin_zpssmaz40ab.jpg

A couple of blood moons ago she took to wearing this as a homage to Goblin
    Works for me but since I'm adding you to the list right now, I'll close this tomorrow morning instead of tonight. Got to laugh but, and maybe I'm just a perv, but she looks like she's rocking the underboob look.

(02) Sister Trinity@Bluegrass_Beast - the cutest mutie (mutant hands and feet, glowing eyes).
    (04) Abyss@Rune - Not just blue skin, also pointy ears, soft glowing eyes and a few fins.
    (05) Haemo Goblin@themightydork - a tiny goblin princess playing hero in the big city ;D
    (06)
    (07)
    (08)

Good luck everybody,
    AC
    edited July 2015
    I did mention the underboob to dork - apparently the underboob look it is intended, seeing as her original look was fur bra etc (classic game that shall not be named ) look.

I think it actually works with that chestwear which adds some 'protection' back

Unfortunately (for me) most of my girls are pretty standard hominids but I guess I could use Alca Arctica@Liath , my north atlantic puffin, in her Future Force uniform although anthropomorphic may be too exotic for this challenge.
    ​​
    Very nice.
    AC
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    Vociferous@Glass-Rose

Exotic Features: Not just ashy skin but also blacked out eyes and flaming hands.

(She uses tights but has a skirt over it to make it look like a dress so let me know if that is alright. Thanks!

Rose_sig.png
    I checked your Primus page and I'm going to leave Alca Arctica@Liath off the list for the reasons you mentioned. So let's wrap it up and roll for our winner.

(05) Haemo Goblin@themightydork - a tiny goblin princess playing hero in the big city ;D
    (06) Vociferous@Glass-Rose - Not just ashy skin but also blacked out eyes and flaming hands.

Rolled as a sixsider the die faces a "2", "Congratz to Sister Trinity!"
    There are no deadlines on these current lotteries as this summer has been a lot busier than it should have been but they will posted as they are finished.
    AC
    Congrats, to the cutie mutie!
    edited July 2015
    Way too late for Canada Day and I had to take some liberties with the actual spider legs, I simply could find any better reference of the parts. But I do hope you get the humour and a kick out of being Champions Online's first Cybertone Girl.
    Cybertone01:
    Cybertone01_zpsow1lhfaq.jpg
    I almost posted it to the ARC Social page first but then thought "err, what if he doesn't like it" either way it's yours to do with as you like eiledon.
    AC
    Ps. The Cutie Mutie is up next as the official Exotic Pin-Up, this was just a freebie.