test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FAQ for Bindings/Commands

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Ohoni wrote:

I've tried binding follow or autorun followed by TL, but this just causes them to activate simultaniously as far as the game's concerned, causing you to backflip and then start running forward.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, all of a bind is always executed at the same time, so when the "check" happens you aren't moving. Even when I threw in a 2nd power into the mix, it -appeared- as if I ran first but then still backflipped.

The best you're going to get in this scenario is a 2 click solution unfortunately. For powers like this it would be nice if there was another way to modify them, or better yet in this case maybe a more logical trigger. (Like only walking backwards triggers to the flip).

Create these 2 files in Champions Online\Live folder
    TL1.txt:
    N "++autoForward $$ bind_load_file TL2.txt"

TL2.txt:
    N "+PowerTrayExec <TL slot #> $$ ++autoForward $$ bind_load_file TL1.txt"

then run: bind_load_file TL1.txt

Unfortunately... I know this really isn't great. If you usually hit number keys to execute powers, you'd probably be better off just holding the left+right mouse buttons quick to move or something of that nature.
    edited October 2009
    Zvardin wrote:
    Try using that bind when your energy builder is off and see if it fires more consistently. Someone else mentioned a problem when the energy builder was on for these sort of binds.

I'll give that a try, thanks! Right now I've just got it set up so Shadow Embrace and Life Drain attempt a full maintain until interrupted. This seems to work pretty well, but now I feel like I'm neglecting my poor Ego Sprites. ;)

You know...I almost think I'd like Ego Sprites better if it worked more like a functional version of Cloud of Flies or like Sparkstorm(?) with the toggle advantage - pulses of damage to foes within a close radius. Ah well, can't have everything, right? :p
    edited October 2009
    Thanks for all the good feedback so far everybody. Hopefully we can get this stickied.
    waerloga wrote:
    I'll give that a try, thanks! Right now I've just got it set up so Shadow Embrace and Life Drain attempt a full maintain until interrupted. This seems to work pretty well, but now I feel like I'm neglecting my poor Ego Sprites.

Hehe, well means it must be working well then for ya at least ;)
    edited October 2009
    A thing to point out: aliases can be used in place of bind_load_file for toggles on non-toggleable abilities. e.g.

alias block "PowerTrayExec 1 16 $$ bind shift unblock"
    alias unblock "PowerTrayExec 0 16 $$ bind shift block"

Note that this will leave you in an undesirable state if you are removed from the state by some other action (i.e. you're knocked out of block, or use a power which aborts block), so I don't recommend this for powers which can easily be interrupted.
    edited October 2009
    This is true, although it seems you would need something to create the alias everytime you log in as they seem to reset when you exit the game.

Also, I've had the alias command crash my client a few times when I did something similar, so I've been hesitant to use it as much. Although I haven't used it much since the latest build or 2.
    edited October 2009
    Zvardin wrote:
    Ok for Numpad, remember that these binds won't work if NUMLOCK is on.
    /bind Numpad1 "target Flamekeeper $$ follow"
    /bind Numpad2 "target Harpooner $$ follow"

If I understood you right, for eruption + flashfire: (Assuming flashfire is usually hit with #4 and eruption is normally Alt+3)
    /bind `+1 "+PowerTrayExec 3 $$ +PowerTrayExec 9"

You will need to hit ` and 1 together at the same time.

Thanks a lot for that, great help. Much appreciated :)
    edited October 2009
    Ohoni wrote:
    OK, here's a puzzle I've been trying to get to work but so far haven't been able to manage.

Thunderbolt Lunge is set up to cause you to backflip away from the enemy when you aren't moving when you activate it, and to kick the enemy when you are in motion.

"In motion" can include falling, jumping, following, autorunning, etc.

I can't figure out a way to bind a single keypress to cause Thunderbolt Lunge to automatically do the jump kick on its own.

I've tried binding follow or autorun followed by TL, but this just causes them to activate simultaneously as far as the game's concerned, causing you to backflip and then start running forward.

Any suggestions?

The way I usually work around this problem is to place the bind on two adjacent keys. This way in effect it's a smooth one-two tap, for example:

/bind z ++autoforward
    /bind x powertrayexec 1 1

This way you just tap Z immediately followed by X in a single fluid motion. As long as you have two adjacent keys near your off-mouse hand, it should work fine. Although if you are bogged down with binds the creation of loop txt files like zvardin suggested would be best. They were a must for high levels in CoH for certain sets.

In addition if you are hesitant to bind another key to an autorun (to limit accidental movement and mob aggro :) ) you can use the alternate bind combination of:

/bind Z +forward
    /bind Z+X powertrayexec 1 1

What will happen is that as long as you hold down Z, you will be moving forward, but you will need to depress both Z and X at the same time to activate the power. Essentially it is the same as the previous bind with the exception that you would hold down the Z key. This will ensure that you are moving forward when you activate the lunge.
    edited October 2009
    Adulations:
    This thread is brilliance. First and foremost, credit to the OP.

Contributions:
    Next. If you want to stop manual mashing, try a keyboard macro-er (or a G15 keyboard) for keybound turbo. For your x360 controller, try Xpadder. All are highly programmable to do whatever you want on keypress, or toggle keytap.

Questions:
    I have Sonic Device, which I love to put on Force Explosion for extra kick. The Sonic Device goes on my autoattack instead of waiting for the force explosion though, so I have to turn autoattack off to make it work. So far I have:

/bind f "DefaultAutoAttack 0$$ +PowerTrayExec 12 $$ +PowerTrayExec 1"

This turns off autoattack, turns on the sonic device, and charges the force explosion. All is well. Unfortunately, when I try to make it reactivate autoattack when finished, the whole script breaks down.

Is it possible to do an all-in-one solution?

(Otherwise I can just bind autoattack on in with my uppercuts and such. Not perfect but it works.)

EDIT: Now for some reason the listed macro is only doing autoattack off, force explosion (no sonic device.) If my autoattack is already off, it does sonic device + force explosion.

Are we hard-limited to two commands per keypress?
    edited October 2009
    Is there a way to use bionic shielding on myself without getting rid of my current target?
    edited October 2009
    Riley5 wrote:
    Are we hard-limited to two commands per keypress?

Unfortunately, in a way yes. At least for anything reliable. I've tested doing more and it seems to work sometimes, but not all the time. It's more that all the commands get sent simultaneously and then the game handles certain activations differently. They appear to run in sequence since the game forces animations to finish before another activation is recognized.
    Galeforce wrote:
    Is there a way to use bionic shielding on myself without getting rid of my current target?

Not with a bind unfortunately, I haven't found a reliable "Target Last Target" command, which would be great. However, I believe in the interface options you can change a setting so you aren't in "Assist" mode so instead of casting a friendly target spell on your enemy's target it would always cast on you unless a friendly target was targetted by yourself. I'd give you the exact spot in the options right now, but I'm at work and just moved, so I should have internet access back tomorrow at home. My guess is under the Controls section.
    edited October 2009
    This thread is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Hopefully it will be stickied soon.
    edited October 2009
    One more question... When binding commands to alt keys such as alt 1 thru alt 7 like the top row of the power tray, how would you phrase that in the /bind command?
    edited October 2009
    Galeforce wrote:
    One more question... When binding commands to alt keys such as alt 1 thru alt 7 like the top row of the power tray, how would you phrase that in the /bind command?

I need to add a section about combining key presses in the beginning. I'll make sure to do this tomorrow probably.

But for now, you can combine up to ANY 2 keys in your bind. So for your question you could do:
    /bind ALT+1 "local Hello World"

Which would bind to Alt 1. You can combine any 2 keys you like, just need to put the + operator between them. So, if you really wanted to, you could do: /bind b+n "local Hello World!" And then this action would only work when you hit B and N together.
    edited October 2009
    I was interested in changing the movement commands to the number pad and 'steering' with my right hand instead of using the mouse. It almost worked, but I couldn't find commands to pan facing up or down (equivalent of mouse right click and push or pull). This would actually change your facing as opposed to fly up or fly down which maintain same facing angle. Slowing down the rate of pan would be useful too... the key buttons for turning are a little too fast.
    edited October 2009
    hangnail wrote:
    I was interested in changing the movement commands to the number pad and 'steering' with my right hand instead of using the mouse. It almost worked, but I couldn't find commands to pan facing up or down (equivalent of mouse right click and push or pull). This would actually change your facing as opposed to fly up or fly down which maintain same facing angle. Slowing down the rate of pan would be useful too... the key buttons for turning are a little too fast.

I tried fooling with what little camera controls I could find before and while I found some that could let you rotate horizontally, I couldn't find anything to pan up and down unfortunately.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=62930 had a post by Neeyon about changing camera speeds at least.
    Neeyon wrote:
    /cam_pitch_speed 5
    /cam_yaw_speed 5
    edited October 2009
    This is an absolute 'must-have' thread, I've been searching for a thread this comprehensive on binds since Beta ! - Nice job! - thanks Zvardin & BrEggo!. :)
    edited October 2009
    Pantagruel wrote:
    A thing to point out: aliases can be used in place of bind_load_file for toggles on non-toggleable abilities. e.g.

alias block "PowerTrayExec 1 16 $$ bind shift unblock"
    alias unblock "PowerTrayExec 0 16 $$ bind shift block"

Note that this will leave you in an undesirable state if you are removed from the state by some other action (i.e. you're knocked out of block, or use a power which aborts block), so I don't recommend this for powers which can easily be interrupted.

if you include a "unblock" command in front of all the action keys, it'll cancel the double click that you'll need to toggle block if you knock out of block by mobs..

for example..

BB "unblock $$ +PowerTrayExec 2"

will reset the block/unblock alias so that you'll only need to press block once to toggle after you fired the power 2.

ofc you'll need to include the unblock command on all of your action keys, including those that deals with items.
    edited October 2009
    to those who wanted to add a timer element to the macro commands. i suggest you check out some 3rd party software macro program (autohotkey). it is free and by far much more powerful than a g15 keyboard.

i have made a macro that will, as long as i held down the y button:
    1. constantly fire my gigabolt (like a tap ability) like a toggle ability.
    2. refresh the chi healing every 13 seconds.
    3. refresh the lingering force shield every 8 seconds.
    4. refresh the toggle sparkstorm every 4 seconds, this can be turn off with the numlock.

however you'll need to use another button if you want to charge the gigabolt as the maco can only deal with click ability.

also maintain ability will be a lot harder to macro, simply because it'll keep on firing the maintain even if you have ran out of energy. you could in theory do a pixel grab on the screen to find out how much energy you got left (this game have no addon support, otherwise this operation will be trivial), but it aint easy as the game dont seem to have a mono colour energy/health bar and sfx seem to overlay these bars as well.

btw.. if you want to learn how to get this working. either read the manual or try do a search for my name on the forum. i wrote a guide about it once but ppl dont seem to be interested, probably because its a bit hard to do.
    edited October 2009
    anybody know the string for forceshield with field absorption? rank 1 force shield works from
    /powerexec 1 Force_forceshield_r1

but when you advantage it, the string must change... need that or the id numbers because i want to use more than 1 type of block... can anyone help?
    edited October 2009
    Sno wrote:
    anybody know the string for forceshield with field absorption? rank 1 force shield works from
    /powerexec 1 Force_forceshield_r1

but when you advantage it, the string must change... need that or the id numbers because i want to use more than 1 type of block... can anyone help?

I just tested this, the advantage doesn't seem to change the string to activate except when you rank the shield up. So rank 1 with Force Sheath was still: Force_forceshield_r1. But at rank 2 it became Force_forceshield_r2. Now you got me curious to try a lot more now that I've seen at least one working string ;)
    edited October 2009
    It's interesting what powers work in that same format and which don't. Some must have another internal name or something. Just tried a few quick, and these all work also:

eldritch shield "sorcery_eldritchshield_r1"
    eldritch blast "sorcery_eldritchblast_r1"

gigabolt "electricity_gigabolt_r1"
    lightning arc "electricity_lightningarc_r1"

The # after the r must change based on your rank of the power.
    edited October 2009
    Great thread! Thanks for posting this info.

I'm trying to set up a macro that will fire off my three "modifier" powers at once- Sonic Device, Toxic Nanites, and Miniaturization Drive. Is there a way to set up a macro that will do all three of those with a keypress?
    edited October 2009
    Is it possible to bind the utility slot to activate a device with a push of a button if you have it slotted? What would those three slots be identified as? :cool:
    edited October 2009
    frogtown wrote:
    Is it possible to bind the utility slot to activate a device with a push of a button if you have it slotted? What would those three slots be identified as? :cool:

check you key bind. it is there alrigjht
    edited October 2009
    couldn't find the string for ebon void the darkness block, but i did get force sheathe to work while using ebon void to block... is there like a command to do keydown and key up? i wanna make a bind that executes a power on the keydown then loads a file and executes it on release... anybody got any ideas?
    edited October 2009
    I searched the posts but couldn't find anything about this.....Is it possible to make a macro that says something in local based on what you have targeted? For example I want it to say "Stares at (whoever I have targeted)" by pressing a key.

Thanks,

Tolero
    edited October 2009
    Tolero wrote:
    I searched the posts but couldn't find anything about this.....Is it possible to make a macro that says something in local based on what you have targeted? For example I want it to say "Stares at (whoever I have targeted)" by pressing a key.

Thanks,

Tolero

Yes there is a special variable for local and some of these sayings. $target will get translated to what you have targetted. So...

local Stop right there, $target!

Should have you say "Stop right there, ____!"
    edited October 2009
    Zvardin wrote:
    Yes there is a special variable for local and some of these sayings. $target will get translated to what you have targetted. So...

local Stop right there, $target!

Should have you say "Stop right there, ____!"

Thank you so much for all of this. I just stumbled on it and it makes RPing a lot easier with certain aspects.

Tolero
    edited October 2009
    I often have a problem with targetting in PvP.

I prefer to tab-cycle through targets to change them. Problem I have is, with all the stones, drones, pets, etcetera that are out there, especially in mass PvP, it will take me way too long to tab through them to get to my target of choice. I've tried other solutions with camera settings and the like in the targeting settings in the options, but have no luck with this.

Is it possible to bind tab so that it will cycle to the first target that isn't X when I press it? I don't know how the command string would work in terms of operators, but I would figure that it might be something like:

/bind tab iftarget=badtarget then switchtarget

with "badtarget" being a list (iftarget=badtarget|badtarget|badtarget|badtarget|badtarget then switchtarget)

Possible with command syntax in CO?
    edited October 2009
    Is there anyway to make Concussor Beam behave as a maintain rather than a toggle?

A combination of lag and some drops in FPS are causing me to switch it on when I want it off and off when I want it on.

If I could just hold down the button and know that it was active it would make my life a lot easier.
    edited October 2009
    I have a problem with my commands...

First off i have a broken command for left ctrl so when ever i press it to copy or past in the chat window my screen gets flooded with script txt, any way to turn it off?
    edited October 2009
    Asterial wrote:
    I have a problem with my commands...

First off i have a broken command for left ctrl so when ever i press it to copy or past in the chat window my screen gets flooded with script txt, any way to turn it off?

Rebind it to something through the options menu -> keybinds and then rebind the action to something else.
    It resets it. For example bind Ctrl to walk through the menu, then rebind walk to something else, whatever you had it as originally.

Tolero.
    edited October 2009
    /unbind ctrl should work also
    edited October 2009
    Galeforce wrote:
    Can you bind a key to cycle through your active chat channel? and if so, what is the command?

Yea its called a G15 Keyboard unfortunately. I was fortunate enough to pick some up when circuit city was going out of business for stupid cheep. ( 2 G15 a G5 mouse and Bioshock for under 100$)
    edited October 2009
    Nydirech wrote:
    Yea its called a G15 Keyboard unfortunately. I was fortunate enough to pick some up when circuit city was going out of business for stupid cheep. ( 2 G15 a G5 mouse and Bioshock for under 100$)

Guys, if you want to make a thread related to keyboard macro'ing, please go ahead, but it's not really useful to people looking for answers within the game and people to respond with things like this. This is simply to focus on what is possible in the game and if it's not, then offer alternatives that may be similar or unfortunately it can't be done. Not trying to be insulting in anyway, but I've seen this trend across the forums for people to just reply with an answer that doesn't really address the question and I'd like to keep that at a minimum for this thread at least. Not to mention for the question quoted here, I already had answered a possible solution within what the game offers in this case.
    /unbind ctrl should work also

I'll add this and a couple other small things I've been meaning to the top when I get home tonight.
    edited November 2009
    dunno if someone else asked before
    can i bind "numpad" to different key than normal numbers?
    i mean, by default pressing "1" from numpad will make same than pressing "1"
    can i bind something to, for instances,
    /bind numpad1 "setactivecostume 0 1"
    /bind numpad2 "setactivecostume 0 2"
    etc??

ty for your answers :)

EDIT
    Ok it's worked fine :)
    i don't need an answer but don't delete the post 'cause it could be useful for someone else :)
    edited November 2009
    I'm wondering why you choose to keep all the purchased Powers bound in "order of purchase" within the Power Tray? I prefer being able to rearrange them in whichever order I like to deploy them in gameplay. Is there a toggle in one of the menus i can use to unlock them and rearrange them to my preference? Or do I just have to suck it up? :):):)

Zvardin wrote:
    The purpose of this thread is to try to consolidate general asked questions, references and information in
    this thread related to creating bindings and using slash commands. Please post anything you'd like to see
    added and I'll try to edit it in.

References
    http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Console_Command_List - List of commands in the game
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=35361 - Basic information from Beta
    http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=70492 - Chat Macros (thanks to BrEggo)

The Basics of Binding

To create a bind in the game, the syntax is:

/bind <input> <command> [<commandParam1><commandParam2>...]

Input: This is the key or button you wish to be pushed to execute the provided command.
    Command: This is the game command or alias you wish to run when the given input is pressed.
    Command Paramaters: Any parameters the command you're using may require.

Example
    /bind N local Hello World!

Result: After this is run, whenever you press the N key on your keyboard, your character will say

Hello World!

Editing Binds
    There a few ways you can edit your binds:
    • Simple binds may be modified under Options -> Key Binds
    • To edit a bind in game you may always do the /bind command using the same input to override a previous
      bind.
    • You can remove a bind from an input by using /unbind <input>
    • Edit binds in .txt files in your Champions Online\Live folder, more on this below.

Bind .txt Files
    Inside your Champions Online installation folder should be a folder named Live. You can edit .txt files
    with binds there, or create a new .txt files and place binds inside. These are also a useful way to
    transfer binds between characters as you can save your custom binds to a .txt file from the game interface, or load binds from a .txt file.

Formatting in a .txt file for binds is the same as running the /bind command, only it's everything
    after the actual "/bind" text. Also, there is one bind per line.

Example .txt file:
    Button4 "+PowerTrayExec 6"
    Button5 "PowerTrayExec 1 14"
    N "playersay Hello World!$$em wave"

Loading/Saving Binds
    To save your binds on a character to a .txt file:

/bind_save_file <name of file>

If the file name provided exists, it will be overwritten, otherwise the file will be created.

Example
    /bind_save_file test.txt

Result: After this is run, all custom binds on the active character will be saved to test.txt inside
    of your Champions Online\Live folder.

To load binds to a character from a .txt file:

/bind_load_file <name of file>

If the file name provided exists, the binds it contains will override the current binds on your active
    character.

Important Note: ONLY the binds the loaded file contains will be applied, it will unbind other custom
    binds you may have.

Example
    Let's say we have 2 .txt files, test1.txt and test2.txt.

test1.txt contains:
    N "local Hello World!"
    H "local Hi!"

test2.txt contains:
    N "local Nice to meet you!"

If test1.txt is our current binds that we've already loaded, and then we run:
    /bind_load_file test2.txt

Result:
    When you press N, your character will say "Nice to meet you!"
    When you press H, your character will say "Hi!"

Notice, your character will not say "Hello World!" when N is pressed since only that bind was overriden
    when test2.txt was loaded.

Binary/Toggle Commands
    There are several commands that accept a binary operator. (+ or -)

When you have + in front of a command, the command is ON while your input is pressed, and off on release.

Example
    /bind N "+up"

Result: If you are flying, you will fly up while N is pressed, and stop when N is released.

When you have a - in front of a command, it tells that command to stop.

Example
    /bind N "-PowerTrayExec 16"

/PowerTrayExec 1 16 (this will turn on your shield)

Result: When you press N, your shield will be turned off if it is on.

Toggle commands can accept a ++ operator in front of them. ++ tells the bind to switch the command between ON and OFF.

Example
    /bind N "++autoForward"

Result: When you press N, you will turn on auto run. If you are already auto running, pressing N will turn auto run off.

Running Multiple Commands w/ One Bind

$$ is used to separate commands when binding. So our command from above looks like:
    /bind <input> "<command> [<param1><param2>...][$$<command2>[<param1><param2>]...]"

Example
    /bind N "local Hello World! $$ em wave"

Important Note: While each command is separated by $$, you must also surround everything
    after your input in quotes as well, as shown in the example.

Result: After this is run, whenever you press the N key on your keyboard, your character will say
    Hello World! and wave.

IMPORT NOTE: When you have a bind with multiple commands, the FIRST command will determine the binary state of your ENTIRE bind. I will explain this more later in the power usage section.

The Alias Command
    The alias command is for creating your own commands/functions. The command to create one is:

/alias <command name> "<command1>[<param1><param2>...][$$<command2>[<param1><param2>]...]"

Example
    /alias helloWorld "yell Hello World!"
    Then, type /helloWorld

Result: Your character will yell to the zone, "Hello World!"

Using {}
    (Thanks to: Amasilver for helping with this section.)
    When creating an alias, you may use {} which has a special function. This is treated as a marker of where to insert a string that will be passed to your alias.

Example
    /alias helloWorld "yell {}"
    (Now our alias helloWorld takes 1 string argument.)
    Then, type /helloWorld Hello Everybody!

Result: Your character will yell to the zone, "Hello Everybody!"

Now, if you include multiple {} in your alias, EACH one will be replaced by the string you pass to your alias. Also, the string replacement gets interpretted BEFORE your alias is run, which opens up possibilities for more complex usage. Now for a slightly more complex example.

Example
    /alias move "+{} $$ playersay Going {}!"
    /bind N move left

Result: When you press N, your character will move to the left and say "Going left!"

I'm wondering why you choose to keep all the purchased Powers bound in "order of purchase" within the Power Tray? I prefer being able to rearrange them in whichever order I like to deploy them in gameplay. Is there a toggle in one of the menus i can use to unlock them and rearrange them to my preference? Or do I just have to suck it up?
    edited November 2009
    I'm wondering why you choose to keep all the purchased Powers bound in "order of purchase" within the Power Tray? I prefer being able to rearrange them in whichever order I like to deploy them in gameplay. Is there a toggle in one of the menus i can use to unlock them and rearrange them to my preference? Or do I just have to suck it up? :):):) ?

Not really the place for UI layout type questions, but....

Just hit "p" to open the powers window, then click and drag any power down to the slot you want it in,release. Rearrange as much as you like.
    edited November 2009
    Skyles wrote:
    Not really the place for UI layout type questions, but....

Just hit "p" to open the powers window, then click and drag any power down to the slot you want it in,release. Rearrange as much as you like.

You can also right-click on a power, wait a second until it gets "picked up" and then drag it to where you want it. No need for the powers window to be open.
    edited November 2009
    why this post is'nt sticky? xD
    edited November 2009
    I've tried

/bind 2 ++PowerTrayExec 1

but its not toggling the power on and off. What am I doing wrong?
    edited November 2009
    mrecentric wrote:
    I've tried

/bind 2 ++PowerTrayExec 1

but its not toggling the power on and off. What am I doing wrong?

Looks to me like you forgot the "". TRY;

/bind 2 "++PowerTrayExec 1"
    edited November 2009
    Drop travel power (only if up) before casting?

"-PowerTrayExec 15 $$ +PowerTrayExec 5"

Doesn't work for me. Circle powers can't be cast from just equilibrium while a travel power is on. I'd like to just automatically drop my travel power if it's up before casting, but I can't seem to find any "if it's on, turn it off" macro command?
    edited November 2009
    I'm wondering why you choose to keep all the purchased Powers bound in "order of purchase" within the Power Tray?
    Nothing about this code does that -- it merely sets your key bindings in the same way as your power tray setup, however that is. You can change the order of your power tray -- you can drag powers from one tray slot to another, or use PowerTraySetSlot.
    edited November 2009
    I cannot, in good conscience, support Cryptic.
    edited November 2009
    Any way to put your devices into a macro so that you can use multiple devices with one key bind?
    edited November 2009
    any way to activate a power by name?
    edited November 2009
    I'm having trouble binding a travel power to a costume change.

Basically what I'm do to is this:

I have a character with thier first costume being the beetle CLOSED wings.
    His second costume is the the same as the first but with the beetle wings fully OPENED.

What I want to do is when ever I activate fly, he'll switch to the opened winged costume, then when I deactivate fly, the costume reverts back to the closed wing version, resulting in the image of the wings being functional.

What I did before was bind the costume change and the travel power to a number pad, then the deactivation of the travel power/revert to costume 1 to another number pad key. This works except the travel power doesn't not turn off. here's the codes I'm using:

/bind numpad7 setactivecostume 0 1 $$ +powertrayexec 14

then

/bind numpad8 setactivecostume 0 0 $$ -powertrayexec 14

this results in my toon switching back to his original costume but the travel power stays on. Any help would be welcome.

ALSO, this method here seems to not work for me.
    Zvardin wrote:
    Commonly Wanted Binds
    In this section, I'll list answers to the most commonly requested binds.

How do I make my shield toggle on, so I don't need to hold the key?
    /bind SHIFT PowerTrayExec 1 16

How do I say something as I use a power?
    /bind <key> "local Hi! $$ +PowerTrayExec <slot #>"

How can I change costumes/builds when I activate my travel power?
    Create the following 2 txt files, with the listed contents in your Champions Online\Live Folder.

fly.txt:
    t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

land.txt:
    t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 0 $$ bind_load_file fly.txt"

Then run:
    /bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ buildset 1 $$ bind_load_file land.txt"

To change costumes, instead of builds:
    Change "buildset <#>" to "setactivecostume 0 <#>"

The result of this is my character switching to the opened winged costume and me getting a spammed "you cannot switch costumes yet" message.

thanks in advance for the help.
    edited November 2009
    I think I tried every combo of above mentioned commands, but either my costume changed and flight didn't work or flight worked and my costume didn't change. If there is anyone with a working key bind (either one or two buttons) please post it, thanks.
    edited November 2009
    RACE wrote:
    I'm having trouble binding a travel power to a costume change.

/bind numpad7 setactivecostume 0 1 $$ +powertrayexec 14

then

/bind numpad8 setactivecostume 0 0 $$ -powertrayexec 14

Don't use "-powertrayexec 14" (with the minus sign) when you turn it off. It should be "+powertrayexec 14" again (with a plus sign). If that doesn't work, try it with "++" instead of a single "+" in both places.

Plus and minus do not mean "on" and "off." Instead, the plus indicates a toggle switch. It'll change the on/off state - on to off, and off to on.