test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CO Timeline

Hey there!

I’m going off this link and I wanted to see if it’s accurate. http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Timeline#2014

So is Present Day (2019) the return of he must not be named, Dr. Destroyer? Thanks!

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Just from a superficial scan, it looks to follow the official timeline. I noticed several fragments of text that suggest it was copied directly from Scott "Thundrax" Bennie's excellent free CO Lore Primer, which mostly transcribes the timeline from Champions Universe but adjusts and updates it for CO continuity. However, subsequent to the version the Champions Wiki draws from, Scott produced a revised Primer updated with events in CO through 2017: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzHmfdC4jXPpVmxGd1ZxcHVfbFk/view

As the timeline notes, the true Dr. Destroyer escaped Shadow Destroyer in 2011, and launched his first post-escape scheme on Champions Earth the following year. Scott's timeline has always connected events in CO to the real-world year they debuted, so presumably we should consider "present day" to be 2019.
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    Perfect. Thanks so much!
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    I’m kinda curious, how should the PC perceive CO now? We, IRL, know time wise the Destroid event that just happened was in the past, but how can we RP that currently? Pull the Ravenwood Academy simulator you find at the beginning of the game?
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I can only speak personally, but I don't try to put repetitions of the same event into continuity. It's an artificiality of the game as a game, which I figure you just have to accept.

However, if you really want to rationalize it within the Champions setting, particularly if you're playing the same event with different characters, I suggest you consider each run to have occurred in the timeline of one of the infinite alternate versions of Earth's universe.