test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/19/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2019 in Release Notes
Anniversary Week 4
  • New Mission: Top Ten wants you to defeat Signature Villains! Completing this mission awards the Retro Witchcraft shoes costume and Evil Plan emote.
  • New items in store: Retro Witchcraft Hair, Retro Witchcraft Shirt, Retro Witchcraft Skirt, Retro Witchcraft Belt, Witchcraft Brooch.
  • Witchcraft is back with Double XP this week.
  • The weekly event store features Hideouts this week!
  • Mechanon attacks!
  • Retro versions of the Backup! devices can drop from the Defend Champions HQ! open mission this week.

ZEN Store
  • New Sidekick: Ray-Zar the Panther! Known issue: The ZEN tooltip states that it lasts an hour, this is a typo. This is a permanent device.
  • Players can claim the free vehicle "Shining Spirit from the ZEN store this week. This can be claimed once per account. The vehicle is account bound upon claiming.
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Cool stuff
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    The Party Bomb perks for hitting specific NPC and Onslaught targets continue to not work as they did last year.

There has been no acknowledgment of this issue as existing, let alone any apparent attempt at rectifying it.

Is this going to be addressed, let alone fixed, prior to the end of the Anniversary event?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    373fpu.jpg
    *sigh* Guess another year without Giant Heroes vs Mega Destroids...
    My disappointment is now as vast as the sea and it's salty waters...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Anniversary Week 4
    • The weekly event store features Hideouts this week!
    Really? we are ending the event with Hideouts again? Talking about Anti climatic

Why not Travel Powers again?
    At least I don't feel bad for unlocking all the AT last week for collection sake ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Done with farming this Event, back at Cosmics​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    OMG im in love with the retro witchcraft hair *rolls around in it*
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    OMG im in love with the retro witchcraft hair *rolls around in it*
    Finally some GOOD long hair >:O
    I can be SO FABULOUS with them​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    BUG: Some instances of named villains do NOT count for credit. These include Talisman, Mindslayer, and Medusa in Stronghold Prison.

Considering running Purple Reign 10 times, and by running i mean running past all the mooks to kill Poe, is faster than just one run of stronghold, it can't possibly be a case of 'that would be too easy'.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Is there really no way to get Witchcraft's shoulder things that lead to her cape? I got her brooch, which doesn't actually fit with any of the cape 'mantles'. Am I missing an unlock?
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Nope...we just don’t get it.

Happy anniversary
    Cool. So she just stays there all week mocking us with the best looking part of her costume.

Formal request, then: Any way we could get that added?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    From the News page

"The fourth week of our tenth anniversary is here, Champions, and it is a doozy. Your battles with Dr. Destroyer and his Destroids have awakened a terrible evil."

Did I miss a battle with Dr. D. himself last week?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    From the News page

"The fourth week of our tenth anniversary is here, Champions, and it is a doozy. Your battles with Dr. Destroyer and his Destroids have awakened a terrible evil."

Did I miss a battle with Dr. D. himself last week?

We've been missing him by ten years now. (Not counting that one occasion in the Multifarian Earth...)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    The brooch works good with a lot of those fur overlays to tie it together, or some of the other shoulders, try it out with those ones.
    [NbK]XStorm
    It kinda sorta works with a couple. The fur collar from the last lockbox is a nice fit. So it's not a wasted piece as-is.

But wouldn't it be cool if there was a shoulder thing that matched it perfectly, fit it exactly, and was built to mesh very well with the many standard capes we already have in game? I think it would be cool, too! And it exists!

Devs, some love please?

Also, BUG? Witchcraft shoes are female-only, as far as I've been able to tell. Not sure if intended.
  • gansetseggansetseg Posts: 48 Arc User
    Devs said elsewhere that her cape clips with every costume that isn't hers and they need to rework it.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    No idea what this is trying to say.

I think he's voicing his displeasure at the fact that each and every new costume piece in the event store was 400 tokens,
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Luckily it’s 5weeks instead of 4
    Pretty sure that the reason why the new pieces are all 400 tokens is that they are Retro pieces, which Kai explained in the discord that it should be 400. Just be glad they weren't 700 per piece lol.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    edited September 2019
    Pretty sure that the reason why the new pieces are all 400 tokens is that they are Retro pieces

That's not really a reason. That's just the word "retro" added to a costume piece.

A more logical reason would be fine for me, but the one you posted bears no weight.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    This event rains currency, so the difference between farming 300 favor and 400 is pretty trivial.
    Well a legendary rarity costume piece shouldn't be worth a small amount for an event but you can ask Kai for the proper reason, MG. I was just paraphrasing it. :/
    Well a legendary rarity costume piece shouldn't be worth a small amount for an event but you can ask Kai for the proper reason, MG. I was just paraphrasing it. :/

I'm not getting at you, shadow. Sorry if it seemed that way. I just don't really feel that adding the word "retro" to a costume piece should automatically mean that it arbitrarily gets legendary rarity status and automatically should be in the top tier for cost in an event store.

I suppose what I was failing to get across was my worry that this is the start of a new policy from the devs and that all new costume pieces in event stores will now be assigned legendary rarity status and cost 400 event tokens, regardless of the piece.

zrdRBy8.png
    gansetseg wrote: »
    Devs said elsewhere that her cape clips with every costume that isn't hers and they need to rework it.

Well that's good news (or could be). Thanks for the heads up!
    > @themightyzenith said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I'm not getting at you, shadow. Sorry if it seemed that way. I just don't really feel that adding the word "retro" to a costume piece should automatically mean that it arbitrarily gets legendary rarity status and automatically should be in the top tier for cost in an event store.
    >
    > I suppose what I was failing to get across was my worry that this is the start of a new policy from the devs and that all new costume pieces in event stores will now be assigned legendary rarity status and cost 400 event tokens, regardless of the piece.

——————————————————

^

This is very possible. As you are well aware pieces costing in the round 200 have all been removed and can be had for like 2g-20g in AH because they drop so high now.

With nothing but purple and legendary left, I can see it being all legendary or nothing. Especially with events being more frequent than others.

What I want to emphasize is quality over quantity vs price. Ironclad Head, high quality and so is the Sapphire hair.

Nighthawk boots, versatile yes, but not a 400 favor quality. In my personal opinion, all of Ironclad is an example of quality. I don’t disagree with these sets being 400, but will the price be there when the quality isn’t.
    What I want to emphasize is quality over quantity vs price. Ironclad Head, high quality and so is the Sapphire hair.

Nighthawk boots, versatile yes, but not a 400 favor quality. In my personal opinion, all of Ironclad is an example of quality. I don’t disagree with these sets being 400, but will the price be there when the quality isn’t.

Exactly :+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Bug: This live patch screwed up Mantle Wizard

A friend pointed it out to me.......
    chip594csx wrote: »
    Wizard Mantle broken

The recent patch seems to have glitched the Wizard Mantle piece, it lost the arch....thingies. I don't know what they are called but they are gone. I'll put some pictures.

Original:
    KXI2WCL.png

Bugged:
    s2TQs43.png

Also screwed up on male models.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    They borrowed the round pieces to Witchcraft's Broosh and forgot to put them back?...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    That's a winter event reward.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Well it's been bugged ever since I picked it up. It tells me I already have it unlocked when I try to use it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    Well it's been bugged ever since I picked it up. It tells me I already have it unlocked when I try to use it.

some of the Halloween stuff does that for me also, as i got the pack with the scarecrow and hokey mask and such.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    some of the Halloween stuff does that for me also, as i got the pack with the scarecrow and hokey mask and such.
    Right. But are you able to use the actual costume piece? 'cause I can't see this one in the tailor.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters