test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(AREA REHAUL) - Powerhouse Defensive Laser Training

bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
This room in the powerhouse is extremely empty, and has a ton of flaws like these:
bluhman wrote: »
  • damage dealt by the different lasers varies based upon which zone you're testing it in. MC's lasers are much weaker than those on Monster Island for example.
  • all lasers deal only fire damage. That's going to skew your results if you're using a passive that happens to resist fire more than average.
  • You can only fire a laser once every 5 seconds or some other unreasonably long period. That's an issue if what you're testing leverages upon: stacking mechanics like defiance, energy returns, actual practical damage-taking applications.

There's a few other things as well: for one it's locked behind two different teleport-interact prompts, same with the mobility testing room, hologram room, and so forth. But first we got to make the room even useful in the first place. So, my suggestion is as follows:

New Powerhouse Laser Training room:
This is a 200x200ft. open room with a variety of robot-arm style enemies inside it. Each of these arms follows these basic limitations:
  • Will only attack heroes within 25 feet of it.
  • Have ultimate regeneration. They're targetable, and you could test your DPS against them (and how it'd measure in practical situations), but they will not die.
  • Have set attack patterns that are predictable and listed in their descriptions. Provides consistent practice for block timing.
  • Each arm has their own damage types they leverage, also listed. Each arm type corresponds to a color coding.
  • Arms automatically set their level to whatever target they're currently fighting - might be apt to put them at scary rank. The point is to mitigate the need to travel to high-level zones to get testing for high-level characters, especially when nobody ever even goes to powerhouses outside of MC because you keep not putting any worthwhile content in the other zones you dinguses

The room's laser arms utilize the same rigging/animations as the robotic arms that appear in Destroid Factory, Cislunar base, etc, but are modeled to match the Powerhouse aesthetic. A mocked-up concept model example:
unknown.png

The types of arms would be:
Beamer Arm (blue) - Particle beams, Slams into you for Crushing damage, knocks back.
Flame Arm (red) - Has a flamethrower dealing Fire damage, bayonet that inflicts Slashing, deals DoTs.
Injector Arm (green) - Looks like a nasty syringe. Deals Toxic damage, combined with Piercing. Inflicts trauma.
Tesla Arm (cyan) - Electric arcs and Crushing damage bops with a big metal ball. Mostly does stun effects.
Cryo Arm (white) - Fires a cooling beam at you. Can snare you.
Psi-Arm (pink) - Fires mind-bending beams and swings an id blade. Might have a brain in a tank for all I know??? Has a Psi-Barrier that reflects damage you deal to it back to you.
Mystic Arm (indigo) - A... Arm that has a mystical sword affixed to it. Deals magical damage, combined with slashing. Can summon sigils and other traps that require movement.
Ebon Arm (black) - Dimensional damage from dark beams, powered by a purple crystal. Uses charged cosmic-style attacks that require the user to block, or be affected by a giant DoT.
Neutrino Arm (grey) - Does irresistable untyped damage.

Probably more to come for types as needed.
How to block a user with μblock:
forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    This is a very stylish suggestion, and honestly Laser Room needs an updated, as it stands right now it's a waste of space with outdated mechanics
    Good idea to take more use of Robotic Arms underused animations

Really nice 3D Model, what program was used for it? :open_mouth:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Any improvement to the current piddlesticks laser room would be a big improvement.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    This is a very stylish suggestion, and honestly Laser Room needs an updated, as it stands right now it's a waste of space with outdated mechanics
    Good idea to take more use of Robotic Arms underused animations

Really nice 3D Model, what program was used for it? :open_mouth:​​

same software I use to make crappy anime memes for this game because i'm too much a shitlord to learn how to actually learn to use blender properly.
    sVHRxnd.png
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/1073440
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    The Entire powerhouse really needs updating, so many empty and outdated rooms
    In fact it could use new rooms as well
    bluhman wrote: »
    same software I use to make crappy anime memes for this game because i'm too much a shitlord to learn how to actually learn to use blender properly.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/1073440
    So thats the program you have been using to make your characters in 3D Memes, I always thought you were using Blender
    OH WAIT! i remember this game, a friend of mine showed it to me years ago!
    And it has such rich character costumization? WTF? Colour me surprised
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Everything needs an update, This is just one of the many things on the list.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Everything needs an update, This is just one of the many things on the list.

The game has many assets, this is just one of many things on the list.