test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance 8/16/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
We will performing a quick maintenance tomorrow at 7am to address an issue with enemies occasionally spawning in the walls in the Chapter4 Death Rattle mission.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The problem isn't enemies spawning in walls, the problem is enemies deliberately moving through walls and/or being knocked back through walls.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    The problem isn't enemies spawning in walls, the problem is enemies deliberately moving through walls and/or being knocked back through walls.
    It's not though. It's a collision error. It's the same thing that lets players glitch through the dome. The game freaks out and thinks you're stuck inside the wall, so it fixes that. But you weren't stuck, you were simply touching it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I crashed after entering the portal :anguished:
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer

Addressing enemies spawning in the walls is what we can do as a quick fix, we'll be looking into the collision issues for next week.
  • witches#3991 witches Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    These mobs are not behaving like normal mobs that clip with walls, they are teleporting outside the dome once they are attacked, you can't hit them with AOE like it happens when other mobs are inside walls, and when you move away they move through the walls and then glitch, stop following you and just stay outside the dome.

Also the root these mobs give is much longer than any other, i felt like it lasted at least twice as much as a normal root.