test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 8/8/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
Nightmare Event
The Nightmare Invasion event will be running for the next 2 weeks.
  • Added Bladed Hands and Bracers costume to the event store.
  • Faceless mask has been moved to a possible drop from nightmare event mobs.

Death Rattle
  • Added dialog option to Ladyhawke if a player is too low level for certain missions.
  • Fixed a bug where Hydrophis would not spawn on a specific team size.

Comments

• Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    When you changed from nemesis tokens to nemesis recognition with no warning with no way to exchange the currencies as with previous changes the cheapest item in the token store set to 25 tokens. Immediately after the patch that made this change I pointed out to you the fact that there was no way to use up/remove tokens that weren't multiples of 25 and you said you would add a 1 token item to the old store for that. We are still waiting for that to be done, until then People are stuck with undependable and useless nemesis tokens cluttering their currency lists.

When will the fix you promised for this oversight be fixed? Since you didn't want to provide an exchange of old currency to the new type the easiest fix (also mentioned) would be to add consumables to the nemesis token store as they cost 1 each.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Maybe about the same time as we get the promised Personal Growth Magnifiers?
    When will the fix you promised for this oversight be fixed?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Speaking of...
    373fpu.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Just zoom in.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I skipped this event twice already... I can't skip it again i need to get the costumes i missed​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    I skipped this event twice already... I can't skip it again i need to get the costumes i missed​​
    Only if you actually need those costumes.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

That's the charm of CO
    You never know when you will use the costume parts, either on old or new characters projects
    also for completion and collection sake ( ._.)​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User

NEED ALL COSTUMES! RAWR! =)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    That's the charm of CO
    You never know when you will use the costume parts, either on old or new characters projects
    also for completition sake ( ._.)​​
    Well then....
    chick-fil-a-cow-lg.jpg
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    OxRm8TO.png
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    bluhman wrote: »
    Nah @Bluhman the image needs more Ugly purple filters, mobs everywhere and Knock + CC spamming :grimace:​​
  • Options
    qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Nightmare Event
    [/list]
    But the news say one week.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11227983-an-invasion-of-nightmares!

By the way, is the #200 Nightmare Colossus Action Figure in the loot system? I haven't seen one recently or in the last event.
    Post edited by qawsada on
  • Options
    was it one week or two weeks the last time the event ran? that would be your indicator for how long it'll run this time - the news is no longer trustworthy if you're looking for ACCURATE information - kind of like actual real-world news nowadays​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Speaking of...
    373fpu.jpg

Oh cool, this one is new. At least game is getting new content in the forums​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Functionally it's one week for many vets who have all but the 2 new costume pieces (they mostly stop after a week, or even a couple days) and 2 weeks for all the new players who feel like they have to grind all the stuff the first time they see the event.
    qawsada wrote: »
    Nightmare Event
    [/list]
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11227983-an-invasion-of-nightmares!

By the way, is the #200 Nightmare Colossus Action Figure in the loot system? I haven't seen one recently or in the last event.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    GOD! This Event still sucks for farming, its the most Anti-farming event
    a05.png​​
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    ​​

Eh? How is it "anti-farming"?
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Worst event for farming is High Noon.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Eh? What is an "anti-farming event"?
    Its the when you are not having fun in an E D G Y AF eye sore visuals event, the Coin drops from event mobs is very rare and the difficulty spike is full of knock and stun while lagging because MC every update becomes even more unstable
    to the point of the only fan is exploiting MOB's AI with distance and walls

now do this x10 characters so you can get every costume you missed

I'm not expecting to get everything instantly for pete's sake, I work for my stuff​​
  • Options
    nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    imo the worst event to farm is CM
    just a long alert with unskippable cutscenes and a race that doesn't really appeal to anyone due to its monotony and bugs
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • Options
    fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    Nightmare Event
    [/list]

Two week events are often broken up into a 'week 1' and a 'week 2', so yes, 'week 1' only lasts one week, but it will be followed by a 'week 2' which will have slightly different options.

And yes, I got a #200 figure last time. More than one, actually. I don't remember if I already sold the extra yet.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Its the when you are not having fun in an E D G Y AF eye sore visuals event, the Coin drops from event mobs is very rare and the difficulty spike is full of knock and stun while lagging because MC every update becomes even more unstable
    to the point of the only fan is exploiting MOB's AI with distance and walls

now do this x10 characters so you can get every costume you missed

I'm not expecting to get everything instantly for pete's sake, I work for my stuff​​

I don't see how that makes it an "anti-farming event". Really weird thing to call anything in this or any MMO really, they're all definitely hugely pro-farming. If what you mean is that you don't enjoy the event, then say that. There's no reason to think up extra negative-sounding labels or try to make something seem inherently flawed just because you don't like it. Just say you don't like it. It's just another event where you do X, Y, and Z to get event currency; if the colors bug you, mess with your monitor settings. Raising brightness and lowering contrast might help? Dunno.

Usual "press X to doubt" about the knock/stun apocalypse claims. There's also another plan... get some people to do the dailies with you, they're meant for groups. Yay team work! \o/ Also nobody said anything about getting anything instantly, I think you're channeling other conversations you've had about this.