test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summon Nightmare usage

bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Power Discussion
I can see this was changed to no longer allow a nightmare to be summoned for each enemy. Does this mean it now lasts a finite amount of time like the other summon pet powers, but requires an emeny to be summoned? How does the damage compare to something like Summon Shadows?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Summon Shadows are worth quite more dps overall, assuming all 3 are up and attacking. And yea, Summon Nightmares were always temporary at base- the special adv just made them last on their target till they were killed. In fact, w/ some brief testing in the PH, it seems w/ the special adv that they still can attack new targets after killing the current one- as long as they aren't killed, and ofc you can't control what they attack after that. I think they also can still help the AI of other pets when they get buggy, so there's still some merit to them for a pet build- even w/ the loss of multi-summoning.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    Thanks for testing Flo - it's my uncontrolled pets build so the lack of focus isn't an issue. I just came back and am no longer sure on the Shadows thematically. How long do the nightmares last with and without the adv? (At work do can't test!)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    bladesta wrote: »
    How long do the nightmares last with and without the adv? (At work do can't test!)

They have the same duration as Summon Shadows.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    bladesta wrote: »
    How long do the nightmares last with and without the adv? (At work do can't test!)

They have the same duration as Summon Shadows.
    Yea, they both seem to last somewhere around 20 seconds max in that case.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!