test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 7/25/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,095 Cryptic Developer
Nighthawk
  • The Nighthawk event will be running for the next week.
  • Added Utility and Banded Tights costumes to the event vendor.
  • Added various titles to the event vendor.
  • Moved several costume from the event store to possible drops from event mobs.

Death Rattle
  • Fixed an issue where players could not get into the Lab if they completed the Pearl task on a team.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    melphyx2 wrote: »
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Nighthawk
    • Added various titles to the event vendor.

... more titles?

More titles! \o/
  • Options
    originalbaxteroriginalbaxter Posts: 54 Arc User
    Any chance the Dark Illusion mods will be fixed to do what they say they do on mouse-over?

I only have one character that uses them, one R5 in his secondary, two R9s in his primary. Supposedly, this should result in +40 to his primary SS upon the use of any of his attacks since they are all Shadow(Dimensional) damage, as well as a rather large reduction in threat, especially when combined with his Ranged Damage role and Shadowform.

However, using his attacks results in no bonus to any stat. It's not that it just doesn't show on the character sheet, damage remains exactly the same, form and passive remain the same, etc. No change whatsoever. In addition, as often as he draws aggro when on a team, I am unconvinced that the threat reduction is functioning either, especially since those mods take the place of ones that would increase damage output.

I realize that I'm likely one of the very few who use those mods, but one R5 and two R9s represent a significant investment, and I would VERY much like a return on that investment. It has been over a month since they were announced fixed, please do so.
  • Options
    dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Did the issue with Alts not being able to do the Death Rattle missions get fixed? Only have 3 characters that can do the missions. The rest have done the first part, but can no longer do the daily for the first part, and can't do the second part at all.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Nighthawk
    Not this stupid event again... and in such short time too! I know I know it's propably to stay in theme as filler for the Death Rattle but still there is a reason this this and FM Race are in the bottom of popularity
    I see there is no improment and any QOL to make it more enjoyable neither!
    I will take High Noon and Qliphothic Invansion over this
    29c.gif

The bulky new belt is nice​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Any news for the next Powerframe Revamp?
    any at all? do we have to wait for the anniversary and see again?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    327mzy.jpg
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Nighthawk
    Not this stupid event again... and in such short time too! I know I know it's propably to stay in theme as filler for the Death Rattle but still there is a reason this this and FM Race are in the bottom of popularity
    I see there is no improment and any QOL to make it more enjoyable neither!
    I will take High Noon and Qliphothic Invansion over this
    29c.gif

The bulky new belt is nice​​

I like Nighthawk. It might be a bit old and worn and occur too many times per calendar year for its own good. But it has a story. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I prefer that over "here's a giant robot; good luck not dying."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Maybe I'm alone in this, but I prefer that over "here's a giant robot; good luck not dying."
    But what about when there's SEVEN giant robots? :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I like Nighthawk. It might be a bit old and worn and occur too many times per calendar year for its own good. But it has a story. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I prefer that over "here's a giant robot; good luck not dying."

And the Unique story's novelty wore off once again when you had to farm the alert constantly to get Tokens while seeing the same unskippable Cutscene spam over and over again while seeing the cutscenes glitching all the time and watch Player's character, Nighthawk and Franklin Stone clipping under the floor

and before that, watching Nighhawk beating the crap out your team allies ???
    oLqwMCp.png​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I DID notice a change on this event however, the Token Drop rate from the mobs are way more generous this time! Getting 3 and 4 stars more often
    In 3 days I had already 600+ tokens, less reason to queue spam the alert :grimace: thats a big plus

and along with that, I have been doing Death Rattle dailies along side, which i assume it was DEVs' intention (They share the same building, Werehouse)​​
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    any at all? do we have to wait for the anniversary and see again?​​

According to my research, we should be getting a powerframe update next month o3o
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    And the Unique story's novelty wore off once again when you had to farm the alert constantly to get Tokens while seeing the same unskippable Cutscene spam over and over again while seeing the cutscenes glitching all the time and watch Player's character, Nighthawk and Franklin Stone clipping under the floor

and before that, watching Nighhawk beating the crap out your team allies ???
    oLqwMCp.png​​
    The cutscenes are more fun with an army of pets! :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    spinnytop wrote: »
    any at all? do we have to wait for the anniversary and see again?

According to my research, we should be getting a powerframe update next month o3o
    You "MIGHT" be correct
    tumblr_n80axdWL4N1qeimfgo1_500.jpgtumblr_inline_p6wnhrNf7m1raeurr_500.png​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • Options
    Less of a rumor and more of a guess based on data o3o a hypothesis you could say
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Less of a rumor and more of a guess based on data o3o a hypothesis you could say
    MIGHT as well, wait and see ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    This is no need for Defiance, months before the anniversary.
    They're going to hold back for now and blow all their loads of work for the 10th annivarsary to make it a Hype and Pack a Punch
    Otherwise it would be such a Kick in the face, but I'm sure Devs will Flex their muscles with the new stuff they have been holding back in PTS
    842.jpg​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,437 Arc User
    A bit more than a month until the event? I wonder if they will do anything to publicize this milestone event beyond PWE and well before it actually happens?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!