test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 5/23/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2019 in Release Notes
Dr. Destroyer's Robot Factory
This lair has been re-enabled!
  • Fixed a bug where the open mission didn't always display properly in the last room.
  • All enemies will now scale to player level, with the minimum level being level 28, as well as being Skull level. This is being done so the enemies will use their high level powers against high level players.
  • Slightly increased the health of Fake Destroyer and the Mega Destroid.
  • Dr. Destroyer now more strongly favors being at range.
  • Dr. Destroyer's movement speed increases as his health drops.
  • Dr. Destroyer's Sparkstorm attack now removes all debuffs on him and repels targets.
  • Made some changes to the last room fight. Instead of all of the Mega Destroid parts counting down at the same time, they now count down at different times.
  • The Mega Destroyer's attacks now have wireframe tells.
  • Added additional reinforcement enemies during the last boss fight.
  • Fixed a bug where the explosion fx in the lair would continuously play.

Made some changes to what each individual installation part does on the Mega Destroyer:
  • Howlcannon: No longer applies a Hold. Now applies a damage resistance debuff.
  • Shoulder Cannon: No change.
  • Chest Plate: No change. This part adds 30% resistance.
  • Boneboiler: This part was unable to be installed, this has been fixed. This effect places burning patches on the ground.
  • Thunderglove: This power now drags all players into the Mega Destroid and disables all travel powers for a while when used.

Rewards:
  • Added general rewards to the lair, including Resources, Questionite and Champions Recognition.
  • Added Destroyer Drone costume as a possible drop.
  • Added Destroyer Gauntlet device as a possible drop.
  • Added Swift Wings mods as potential drops. These mods increase your flight speed and gain additional effects as they are ranked up.
  • Added Destroid Gear as a potential drop. This gear grants damage and resistance bonuses as more pieces are equipped, as well as a Leader Drone pet.

Missions:
  • Added new daily mission for this lair on Lt. Morrigan.
  • Added new perks for completing this lair.
  • Foxbat has been disabled in the Lair, he will return at a later date.

Nightmare Event
  • This event is over. The vendor will stick around 1 week.

Flashback Event
  • From today to Tuesday 5/28 at 8am, the Collector's Lockbox will be dropping in game.

Costumes
  • Added Cloth to Armor Chiton leg accessories costume.
  • Added Leather and Cloth to Armor Basic leg accessories costume.
  • Added Kneepad Armor Chiton foot accessories costume.
  • Added Kneepad Armor Basic foot accessories costume.
  • Added Kneepad Armor Mech foot accessories costume.
  • Fixed clipping issue with Armor Mech leg accessories costume.
  • Added Leather and Cloth materials to Armor Mech leg accessories costume.
  • Added Cloth material to Armor Chiton leg accessories costume.
  • Added Overalls pattern to some pants costumes.

Powers
  • Added Destroyer Drone and Mechanon Drone as pet options for Medic Drones.
  • Updated the tooltip on the Destroyer's Head device.

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    giphy.gif

Biig Bug... Mechanon/Destroyer Drones change to default drones when you use Drone Transform them to weapon mode.... :/
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • *looks around for chaos and the inevitable PM meme* 5...4...3...2...1​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    *looks around for chaos and the inevitable PM meme* 5...4...3...2...1​​
    I aim to please~

2zr7nh.jpg

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    HOORAY! This lair is UNPLAYABLE TRASH NOW!

Seriously, got a full team and can't make it past the room with all the Annihilator Bots because there's a hundred of them and they freaking CHEAT. They IGNORE my Dodge chance with their lasers and DELETE all my energy.

So screw dodge tanks again I guess? Thanks guys. Thanks. Really feeling the love here. Sorry we're not all just bowing down to YOUR way of playing the game as Haymakering-Defiant tanks with 20K HP >:(

And this is coming from someone who Dodge Tanked a Shadow Colossus in the QWZ SOLO. That's 11.9 million HP and 4 and a half hours without missing a dodge, just to see if I could, which I did, so I don't wanna hear 'I'm just bad.'

EDIT: We finally finished it after letting the stupid Annihilator Bots in the room reset, but they STILL need fixing because they're BS.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    They're just like warzone annihilator bots, dodge tanks are fine against them. Just block.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    They're just like warzone annihilator bots, dodge tanks are fine against them. Just block.

There's no blocking twenty of them. You block, you don't dodge, you die. You dodge, you're not blocking, you die. Devs just hate dodge tanks.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    It's a Block fest. And his Gloves knock you thru Block....
    I guess i don't go in solo. Again. :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    There's no blocking twenty of them. You block, you don't dodge, you die. You dodge, you're not blocking, you die. Devs just hate dodge tanks.
    You can dodge while blocking. You can't 100% dodge, but you don't need 100% dodge unless things are doing oneshot damage levels. It depends a bit on your setup, but a blocking dodge tank without lithe will probably have average mitigation of around 94-95%, while a blocking defiance tank will be in the 93-94% range.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    H5Amac1.gif​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Interesting how this advertisement https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11167143-2019-may-madness-currency-sale does not list CO, even though it is supposed to be CO news? The promo does seem to apply though.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    EO7QROj.gif
    (disclaimer: no harrass, just dumb memes)​​
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Interesting how this advertisement https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11167143-2019-may-madness-currency-sale does not list CO, even though it is supposed to be CO news? The promo does seem to apply though.

It never does. That advertisement is probably thrown up by PWI and lol if PWI even knows CO exists​​
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    Pictures of that " Destroyer Drone Costume" piece ?
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    It's literally the destroyer drone enemy as a head option.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Changes on this patch seem Sort of significant, glad to see dr d labs back in working Order. Going to have to find Time to try it out.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Sorry we're not all just bowing down to YOUR way of playing the game as Haymakering-Defiant tanks with 20K HP >:(

Um... is that like a personal dig at Lezard or something? n_n I'm not sure who that capital "your" is aimed at...​​
  • I think they meant in general, this game does seem to hate dodge tanks a lot and the bugs make it worse, it's not as easy as it seems on paper. but well, we gotta figure out work arounds to everything and get by somehow.
  • I don't know when it was but thanks for fixing the color on the shadow form aura. It's now a purple
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    I take it the lair is aimed at lvl 40 well-geared toons, using a trinity mixture? At least, that's what it sounds like.

Wasn't this supposed to be for someone at the 28 - 29 level? Will a group of level 29s get roflstomped so hard that they'll drop the mission and uninstall now?

Note: I haven't played it yet because I haven't played today. Relatively serious questions, though.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Well to my experience it was pretty easy just did it on my dodge tank with a team and I'm certain it can be solo'd, it'll probably be a little hard for a team of low levels but I think it's very possible if the scaling works correctly.

The issues I had was mobs kept spawning in different places on the last fight so It was a little hard for a melee to get around and grab them all before they nuke your team. the energy drain from the annihilator bots is definitely annoying, got to block it in time. the thing that annoyed me the most was the boss kept running backwards constantly and it was so hard to keep him in place for melee to hit him. but then he got into the mega destroid and it turned into a pretty fun fight owo.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Sorry we're not all just bowing down to YOUR way of playing the game as Haymakering-Defiant tanks with 20K HP >:(

Um... is that like a personal dig at Lezard or something? n_n I'm not sure who that capital "your" is aimed at...

If it is that's some insane clairvoyance skillz cause I hadn't even posted in the thread yet \o/

Also I main bestial tank now. Haymaker is so 2016s​​
  • violetnychusvioletnychus Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

This is very very bad

Get friends here, be nice and helpful to newbies, especially those with complaints that can potentially be helped
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »

Costumes
    • Added Kneepad Armor Mech foot accessories costume.

This costume is not available in the tailor for either the male or female avatar.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    spinnytop wrote: »

Um... is that like a personal dig at Lezard or something? n_n I'm not sure who that capital "your" is aimed at...

If it is that's some insane clairvoyance skillz cause I hadn't even posted in the thread yet \o/

Also I main bestial tank now. Haymaker is so 2016s

I just tried to think who I've seen haymakering at cosmics and you popped into my head o3o I guess there's Oyo.​​
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    This costume is not available in the tailor for either the male or female avatar.

Mine showed up normally for female, but male had to do Right and Left individually.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Okay so redid the factory turns out it bugged when I did it the first time, this time we had about 30-ish annihilator bots in a single room, there's not a single moment they're not doing the energy drain cuz of how many there is. so pretty hard to keep aggro from the healers/dps considering ur basically rendered useless cuz ur blocking or no energy. which is pretty annoying dodge tank or not. I can see now that this may be hard for lower level teams, it's already hard enough for high level ones. And i'm not sure if it can be solo'd unless u have a self healing tank with cc powers. just cuz of that part there with all the annihilators. the rest is okay.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Okay so redid the factory turns out it bugged when I did it the first time, this time we had about 30-ish annihilator bots in a single room, there's not a single moment they're not doing the energy drain cuz of how many there is. so pretty hard to keep aggro from the healers/dps considering ur basically rendered useless cuz ur blocking or no energy. which is pretty annoying dodge tank or not. I can see now that this may be hard for lower level teams, it's already hard enough for high level ones. And i'm not sure if it can be solo'd unless u have a self healing tank with cc powers. just cuz of that part there with all the annihilators. the rest is okay.
    Which room? The Part making room or the actual area where they build the annihilator bots? If its the latter, that intentional. Hint: try not to engage them.
    I did 2 runs, right now. Not once did I come across a room with 30 annihilator bots which was kind of a boomer to me. I think the room you are talking about is the 2nd to last room? If so clear the room first then do the quest objective fast without engaging in PvE.

Anywho *clears throat*

tumblr_m9t31sX4ER1qgcra2o1_500.gif

BUG

The Fake Destroyer part of the fight is EXTREMELY buggy. In 2 runs I did I encounter the following bugs:

1st run) Dr. Destroyer stared us down for the duration of his first bar. He did not attack us at all nor respond to me aggroing him and instead focused on staring at another team member. After we got him down to 2nd bar he finally started moving and acknowledged the threat I had built

2nd run) We might have had too much DPS cause Dr. Destroyer skipped his 2nd phase completely and went straight to detached arm phase.
    ​​
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Costumes
      [*] Added Cloth to Armor Chiton leg accessories costume.
      [*] Added Leather and Cloth to Armor Basic leg accessories costume.
      [*] Added Kneepad Armor Chiton foot accessories costume.
      [*] Added Kneepad Armor Basic foot accessories costume.
      [*] Added Kneepad Armor Mech foot accessories costume. *must select left and right to see on list, missing under "both" for male avatar*
      [*] Fixed clipping issue with Armor Mech leg accessories costume.
      [*] Added Leather and Cloth materials to Armor Mech leg accessories costume. *Left side only for Male Avatar*
      [*] Added Cloth material to Armor Chiton leg accessories costume.
      [*] Added Overalls pattern to some pants costumes.

Duplicate item on list.

Armor Mech leg accessories costume only has cloth/leather materials option when selecting the left side on male.
    • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
      warcanch wrote: »
      I take it the lair is aimed at lvl 40 well-geared toons, using a trinity mixture? At least, that's what it sounds like.

Wasn't this supposed to be for someone at the 28 - 29 level? Will a group of level 29s get roflstomped so hard that they'll drop the mission and uninstall now?

Note: I haven't played it yet because I haven't played today. Relatively serious questions, though.​​

The Sad thing is it like that you need to be ether a tank with a good selfheal or a DPS with a Tank gimmick or just high DPS that only a freeform can can do. it just another Save The Earth Alert without a Countdown to fail on... Sadly.

edited May 2019
      i tested Dr. Destroyer's Robot Factory Revamp on PTS with a Soldier AT and i only have this on my mind is...

31tiy3.jpg

I Really don't see the point of this it seem like a complete waste of time, that could had been put in to something else! if people wanted a hard mode they could had just set the Difficulty on Elite not like it don't work, <:) and NO this is not Solo-able anymore, not for LVL40 A.T's anyway [unless bugs plays it's part] you would need a tankish build to even beat boss that spam stuns along with it high power attacks mix with it that truly wasn't really need in the 1st place since it got army of NPC that seem to come at you at the range of 120ft and at best do damage of 500 per second

Also Note this was made for LVL28 godsake Now 30, not LVL 40 FF build that don't have much to do with their lives but to try to make a kiddie pool in to a adult pool for some odd reason, i mean this is in the first map of the game it should have a easy lair, now it a 6k killer, but why?
      also why you guys didn't just make alternative lair choice like Teleios Ascendant?
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

The Sad thing is it like that you need to be ether a tank with a good selfheal or a DPS with a Tank gimmick or just high DPS that only a freeform can can do. it just another Save The Earth Alert without a Countdown to fail on... Sadly.
      It's not meant to be soloed is it?
      ChampsWiki
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My characters
      The Sad thing is it like that you need to be ether a tank with a good selfheal or a DPS with a Tank gimmick or just high DPS that only a freeform can can do.
      It's a five man lair.
      The Sad thing is it like that you need to be ether a tank with a good selfheal or a DPS with a Tank gimmick or just high DPS that only a freeform can can do.
      It's a five man lair.

yeah for a LVL30s just like STE, we all know how well that went, lol.
      Several destroid powers don't kick in until level 35+ spawns (under the skull level, they still have a level). It shouldn't be all that difficult for a team of level 28 ATs.
      it isn't difficult at all in a team of level <35. Annihilator bots don't get the energy syphon till level 35, and they don't get their AoRPlike aura till level 30.

it isn't difficult at all in a team of level 40s. you have either gear, or trinity, or pace yourself and think what you are doing instead of zerg rushing to your advantage.

It is only difficult if you are trying to solo it. which is not what the lair was intended for.​​
      like it's the equivalent of ordering a family sized menu and not being able to finish it by yourself and then demanding the establishment refund you for what you weren't able to eat​​
      I mean, I don't yet have the numbers to exert a final verdict because I've only run the instance 4 times. of those:

- 2 of them were done with a team of regular cosmic goers who had solid builds and knew what to do or at least how to respond to new situations. Said runs lasted less than 10 mins each and no one died
      - 1 other run was done with 2 cosmic regular players (one DPS one healer) and 3 casuals. the healer got overun by unaggroed mobs a couple of times in the final fight, but we only wiped once and got it done in the 2nd attempt. this run took 15-20 mins
      - the last round was with a team of regular cosmic goers who had solid builds but most of them hadn't ever run Destroyer Factory. we decided to dick around to test every nook and cranny, and even then finished the run in 10 min mark with little trouble.

All of said runs were run with a level 40 team meaning we had to deal with increased resistance mobs and energy drain attack, and the inexperienced ungeared team only wiped 1 time. Which is worth mentioning the fight is not lockout and does not reset, meaning we regrouped and entered the room again to kill the last 1/3 of mega destroid.

Heck if the main tank aggroes Fake Destroyer, he hits soft enough that the rest of the team and healer can go disarm the mega destroyer assembly bots before any piece gets attached, making the final battle super easy.​​
      edited May 2019
      Several destroid powers don't kick in until level 35+ spawns (under the skull level, they still have a level). It shouldn't be all that difficult for a team of level 28 ATs.

I Really Hope it wont be difficult for them...
      and

It's not meant to be soloed is it?

no it not... but it still soloable...
    • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      System stability since the second week of Nightmare continues to be very poor. I am crashing and disconnecting (the difference between a restart or a relog) on all maps including custom alerts. This is especially problematic on alerts with lockout mechanics, as when I relog I am at the respawn point, locked out of the fight.

I have consulted with several friends who are having similar issues. I don't know what was changed from the first to second week of Nightmare, but SNRs, disconnects, and crashing (requiring a client restart) have become common once again.
      n8mcd wrote: »
      System stability since the second week of Nightmare continues to be very poor. I am crashing and disconnecting (the difference between a restart or a relog) on all maps including custom alerts. This is especially problematic on alerts with lockout mechanics, as when I relog I am at the respawn point, locked out of the fight.

I have consulted with several friends who are having similar issues. I don't know what was changed from the first to second week of Nightmare, but SNRs, disconnects, and crashing (requiring a client restart) have become common once again.

I should note that i Crash Everytime i click the red belt Icon?

I don't know that's have something to do with my PC or just the game.
      edited May 2019
      COs binary files can get corrupted, at which point you get persistent misbehavior which verify doesn't fix. I don't specifically recognize the one you mention (for me, it's usually a texture and the game crashes when I visit certain areas or see certain people)
    • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
      Destroyers Factory can certainly be done solo. I did it on Thursday on my first attempt with a lvl 40 melee Invulnerable Str/Con hybrid. More or less "max" gear though. As a solo experience for a tanky character it's quite time consuming, so it's not something I recommend.

It wasn't without hiccups or deaths though. The Assembly Line room with all the annihilator bots took some time as I did get around 20 bots to deal with. I had a slew of deaths there before I learned to not aggro the crowd of Annihilator bot spawns to focus on the objectives. I then stayed to try and clear the room, which was interesting. Blocking was disabled numerous times when the energy drains were coming in, which led to a number of deaths. I am not certain of the mechanic in play there; does 0 energy prevent blocking? Or is there anything else going on?
      In addition, there's one attack (Power Destruction) that appears to utterly ignore resistance. I didn't have the combat log running so I'm not sure if the small amount of mitigation I got was from the Virtuous 10% block layer resistance or the flat damage absorption in Invulnerability. I suspect the former. I am also not entirely certain whether Avoidance worked against it. I'll make sure to have the combat log on next time.

The Fake Destroyer took awhile due to the kiting but he was more of a speed bump. I didn't have any possibility of disabling any of the assembly arms, so the final Mega Destroid phase took quite a bit of time. The only real danger was the burn patches; after I learned that the hard way I just blocked and moved into the last burn patch whenever he was about to fire off a new one, then backed out and continue to hit him. Didn't want to drag him all over.

My main gripes are with the Annihilator Bot attacks, which made the experience far less enjoyable. Firstly I -really- don't like that powers utterly ignore resistance. Secondly, is it intended for block to disable itself so frequently during the energy drain attacks?
      I'm well aware these are largely emotional responses, although they do not automatically not count because of that in an entertainment product. If the game suddenly decides to ignore the usual mechanics it feels like it is cheating. Especially if it is a mechanic that I've made a center pillar of my build. Especially if it's normal mobs; bosses with unique mechanics can be forgiven to some extent. Had they used stacking resistance debuffs I would not have reacted in the same manner.

Regarding the lair itself, I've always been a bit annoyed by the need to summon/build a Destroys to beat down a door. If my character can tear such Destroids apart with ease, it should also be able to tear down the door. Even though the noise might summon all waves at once. I'm well aware this was always the case but it doesn't make much sense.

I haven't seen the Sennacherib lore piece since the lair reopened, which my somewhat flawed memory says was in the first room. But I didn't seriously search for it either.

On a final note though, I'm happy to see the old lairs being updated and despite my gripes above I'm largely happy with the result. In particular that while it can be solo'd it is a far nicer experience with a team. I will certainly run this again, although in a team.
      edited May 2019
      I am not certain of the mechanic in play there; does 0 energy prevent blocking?
      Once energy drain drops you to zero energy, all powers are disabled until you get some energy again. I assume that's intended, though it's not a very obvious mechanic.
    • mtk28mtk28 Posts: 4 Arc User
      I am not certain of the mechanic in play there; does 0 energy prevent blocking?
      Once energy drain drops you to zero energy, all powers are disabled until you get some energy again. I assume that's intended, though it's not a very obvious mechanic.

No, the energy drain is simply more than a drain : it also interrupts which is why this power is so annoying : interrupts also work on block.
      Don't need any energy to block.
    • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
      > @mtk28 said:
      > No, the energy drain is simply more than a drain : it also interrupts which is why this power is so annoying : interrupts also work on block.
      > Don't need any energy to block.

Since I'm able to block indefinitely just fine as long as I begin while I still have energy, despite 10+ energy drain attacks coming in, I don't see how it could contain an interrupt or block breaker component?
      mtk28 wrote: »
      No, the energy drain is simply more than a drain : it also interrupts which is why this power is so annoying : interrupts also work on block.
      It's not an interrupt. What it does is prevent powers from being activated or maintained once your energy is reduced to zero, even if the power has an energy cost of zero (it's possible that it's actually reducing your energy to less than zero and the game is simply not letting you use powers with a cost greater than your current energy).
    • mtk28mtk28 Posts: 4 Arc User
      mtk28 wrote: »
      It's not an interrupt. What it does is prevent powers from being activated or maintained once your energy is reduced to zero, even if the power has an energy cost of zero (it's possible that it's actually reducing your energy to less than zero and the game is simply not letting you use powers with a cost greater than your current energy).

That must be bugged then ? since using ADs or AOs often gets interrupted while the drain is used