test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sidekicks

superwavessuperwaves Posts: 34 Arc User
This topic has been discussed at nauseam. It seems like the sidekicks are slowly dying. We have not had some in quite some time. Is it now time to add customizable sidekicks? This is not difficult to do, what is the real holdup?

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Not enough money to pay devs to work on them?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I liked how some boxes had what amounted to a mascot as the loyal sidekick. IE the character you see in RenCen near the Powerhouse.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    superwaves wrote: »
    It seems like the sidekicks are slowly dying. We have not had some in quite some time
    The statement above would indicate that the answer to the statement below is "no".
    Is it now time to add customizable sidekicks?
    That's like asking "hey that factory hasn't produced many cars lately, is it time for that factory to start producing cars that transform into fighting robots?". Like... no.

This is not difficult to do, what is the real holdup?

The holdup is that it's difficult to do. Your sentence is an oxymoron. A lot of the discussion about this topic has been around how they would do this, and in every case it was something that required some sort of functional addition to the game's interface. Adding to the game's interface is difficult because of the nature of the game, i.e. old, poorly documented, spaghetti code. It's like trying to add another layer to an onion, but somewhere in the middle of the current layers. I think the simplest thing that was thought up was just being able to copy your current costume to one of the current sidekicks, and even that would be a big deal to implement.​​
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    We need more in the color spectrum
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Not enough money to pay devs to work on them?

PW and/or Cryptic has enough money for it.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods