test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alert ideas that won't require (many) new assets

celiziccelizic Posts: 42 Arc User
I was thinking we could use a little more variety in our alerts. Just to spice things up after so many years of doing them.

It seems to me the current CO team has people who can tweak existing maps (like the destroid factory improvement project) and can do stuff under the hood. But it looks like they don't have much in the way of environment creation.

Fortunately there's a lot of neat environments hidden in CO that could be thrust into the limelight.

Sewer Slam

Map: Pwned

Type: Grab

Pwned has one of the most satisfying sewer maps in CO. It's a bit short because it was hand built every bit of the way with loving care. It shows. And we spend about 5 minutes in it as we level from level 1 to 40 assuming we don't spam grab alerts and we do that bit of levelling content instead of the desert or something.

Scenario: Enemy groups are scattered around the fountain at mil city coordinates 4387 251 820. Players are across the street with some MCP. NPC scenario explanation states they chased some wanted random criminal down to the sewers. They have hostages. They are in a standoff. It's up to the heroes to bring them in.

Heroes must defeat requisite number of npcs around the fountain. And then enter the manhole. Once inside the Pwned sewer map there's two hostages to rescue, one is along the way to the boss. The other is in that one dead end with the ambush. Once they rescue both, boss door opens and you can pound in randomly selected villain.

To Hell and Back

Map: Daunting Inferno

Type: Burst

Daunting inferno is a huge map that you can get as a semi-hidden mission map in monster island. The map is too large for an alert as is, so we'd have to truncate it for the alert.

Scenario: Players spawn deep into the map, final leg of corridors before they face phoenix in daunting inferno. Behind them is an invisible barrier and some trismegistus mages fighting a horde of demons behind the players. This fight is purely cosmetic and no side with ever win and the players can not participate in this fight. Synposis informs the players that a villain has somehow breached the planar barriers into the netherrealms. The council has helped the players get this deep into hell. But they must stay back and hold off this demonic horde. They have given you an amulet to powerup in order to get enough power to face the demonlord that lies within.

As you go through the short tunnels to the end players must use 3 crystals (use qwijibo heart models for this). Facing them is the general minions of whoever you are facing infighting with a horde of demons who are none-too-keen on the villains plot. Both sides will fire on the players given half a chance, though the players might have enough of a distraction to blitz past them and activate the crystals in the confusion. Crystal actiation takes a little time and can be interrupted. After activating the third crystal the barrier to the demon's chamber and the villain is open. Players also get their BURST buff. In the demon's chamber is a demon surrounded by a force field and the villain doing something to it. As heroes arrive demon vanishes in a burst of fire, villain falls overa nd stands back up, fire in their eyes. They proclaim something like "Ha! With this new body I possess I can now take over the Markoth realms, starting with yours!"

Being possessed by a demon controlling all their actions does not endow the villain with any new attacks. It just makes them tougher, like a BURST villain. INsteado f the Villain group attacking you in this fight, waves of demons will attack.

Dark Desert Dreams

Map: Southwest Desert around the oasis at: -579 12 -2286

Type: Smash

That little oasis there always looked rather neat. It's a shame there's no real reason to go there outside of a lore entry on the altar. If you do visit it, if you beat the magi at the altar elder worms will spawn.

Scenario: Players should be dropped in the area in the direction of -554 12 -1839 or closer. There are minimal enemies here, mainly the boss. Players spawn near a jeep with a few spooked looking NPC guides. Synposis explains that you got a tip from a nearby village about dark things going on at a nearby oasis. You got a guide to take you up there now it's time to investigate.

When the event starts proper. Villain boss either gloats at their success if they are mystically inclined. Less-then-mystic villains can be used here reacting more akin to "I was paid good money to put this macguffin on this altar and I really don't care about the consequences" Add generic mystically effects of something potent happening.

As you engage the enemy there is a timer until the portal opens. Smaller portals open while this event goes on. They use the portal assets from aftershocks. These portals can not be targeted. Each time a portal opens spawn a random couple of extraplanar critters. They are aggressive.... to everything really even other critters from other portals, though players will most likely end up being the target. Either fire demons or ice demons or weirder stuff you can find in your list of assets. If you are feeling saucy enough to get the costume creator working on strange new things check out the book Champions Mystic World. There's some real neat possibilities from places like The city of Babylon where feral packs of cabs roam, or perhaps malicious unseelie faeries from the realm of faeries. Or Kaiserin can throw a hoard of smiledogs at us. By official Champions lore there is a personal hell for everyone as well as every single faith so I'm pretty sure every single creepypasta monster exists somewhere in the champions metaverse.

Even if you don't get fancy there's plenty of material with the demons and tentacly assets that already exist.

If the timer runs out a massive portal opens. Throw some tentacles around or something equally as bad in a "welp, you done fucked."

If the villain is defeated macguffin explodes and portals collapse.

Comments

• celiziccelizic Posts: 42 Arc User
    I will respond to this post instead of editing it because I learned my lesson. Daunting inferno's mission map is called "Magma Cave" and it's accessible via a cave that overlooks Teliosaur valley.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Adding some fun, even short, new missions would get me to log on again.

Would be great if the Alert system got a shake up, added six new missions into the rotation, something like that.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Maybe the new missions could involve saving cats? That might get dev interest up?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Maybe the new missions could involve saving cats? That might get dev interest up?

That actually doesn't sound terrible. Now we just need some good context for why. OH I KNOW! The location is that magical book store and one of the cats has some sort of super magical thing on its collar so the goons are all trying to grab all the cats. Cat Grab! \o/​​