test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Archetype: the Egomaniac

axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
edited April 2019 in Suggestions Box
The boastful windbag, the aggravating clown, the arrogant and overconfident, Egomaniacs are known throughout the superhero world, both as heroes and villains. Whether smart mouthed, proud, or just plain self deluded, they're known both for being incredibly aggravating and ridiculously hard to put out of the fight. This is the Egomaniac class.

Level 1
Energy Builder: Mock
The Egomaniac relentlessly taunts, brags, or abuses in the direction of the target, dealing no damage but building a moderate amount of energy and threat. Scales with Ego. 50 foot range.
Advantage: Infuriating
The words spewing out of the Egomaniac's mouth are so infuriating they apply a stacking damage debuff to the target. A stack is lost each time the target lands a crit on the Egomaniac.
Advantage: Humiliating
The words of the Egomaniac are so cutting they reduce the target's defenses to the next charged power the Egomaniac lands. That charged power deals increased threat.

Level 1
Haymaker

Level 1 Innate Characteristic: The Egomaniac
+10 Con, +10 Ego, +10 End, +8 Rec, +5 all other

Level 6
Primary Stat: Constitution
Mighty Leap OR Lasso

Level 8
Defensive Passive: Can't Shut Me Up
Somehow, you're able to weather all the abuse you receive according to how much abuse you've inflicted on a target.
Grants base 20%/30%/45% damage resistance, scales with Ego. Grants an additional 12%/18%/24% damage resistance to attacks made by the last target you struck with an energy builder. Reduced effectiveness if the energy builder is multi target.

Level 10
Secondary Superstat: Ego

Level 11
Thunderclap OR Grenade

Level 14
Passive: Braggadoccio
Whenever you apply a debuff or a knock to a target, you gain a stack of Braggadoccio. This increases damage and increases maximum health based on Ego. Limited to 4/5/6 stacks (Based on rank) and you can only gain 1 stack every 4 seconds. Gaining a stack renews all current stacks, and stacks drop off after 20 seconds of receiving no new stacks.

Level 15
Secondary Superstat: Endurance

Level 17
I AM THE MAN!
Close AoE (20 foot)
Up to 5 targets within range receive a movement debuff and threat, both scaling with superstats.

Level 21
Roomsweeper

Level 25
Offensive Cooldown: Backing Up My Claims
For 12/15/18 seconds, all threat applied as threat inflicts an additional, equal amount of damage to targets affected. Counts as an offensive cooldown, puts all offensive cooldowns on a 30 second global cooldown.

Level 30
Defensive Cooldown: Can't Stop Me Now
Increases current Braggadocio stacks to 7/8/10 for 15 seconds, then resets stacks to 3 at the end of the effect. Counts as a defensive cooldown, puts all Defensive Cooldowns on a 30 second global cooldown.

Level 35
??

---

Anybody want to chime in on this possible archetype?

Comments