test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 4/11/2019

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    and they (singular they) haven’t acknowledged the change at all have they?
  • thatguymatikzthatguymatikz Posts: 65 Arc User

Ignoring the player base is what they do best.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

Of course they have:
    kaizerin wrote: »

UI
    • Characters in the select screen will now be sorted by last logged in.
    ​​
  • originalbaxteroriginalbaxter Posts: 54 Arc User
    I've pretty much given up protesting stupid changes, it doesn't work with this crew, even though CO loses more players every time they ignore us.

This is going to make my playing experience a royal PitA, with 22 pages of alts, the first created Sept 1, 2009. Finding the ones I want to use for a specific task or costume contest is going to use up a fair amount of my limited playing time.

Of course this also means I can't take advantage of the leveling challenge without deleting one of them, since Cryptic STILL hasn't returned the new slot granted upon reaching level 40 part of the LTS that they stole from us.
    Oh Spinny...
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Defender's National Training Program Event
    Starting at April 12th 12:00am server time, we will be running a week long event where players are tasked with getting a brand new character to 40! Getting a new character to 40 will net the following rewards:
    • Jazzercise emotes (account unlock)
    • Overachiever Title and Perk (claimable once per character on your account)
    • 2 Exclusive Costume Tokens (claimable once per account)

I love that y'all made fun and doubted @lezard21 question, when he made a thread about asking the future plans for more Exclusive Costume Tokens giveaways and locked the thread because there was no proof they would make the tokens available in other ways

Behold a limited timed EVENT that gives you 2 Exclusive Costume Tokens
    Apologize to Him, he can read perfectly! :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited April 2019
    [*] The character must be created and leveled to 40 within these dates: April 12th, 12:00am to April 18th, 11:59pm
    [*] Characters created before these dates will not count.

You know, I have a terrible feeling that in a few days we're gonna get a bunch of people complaining that they didn't get their rewards for leveling up a toon because they created the character today instead of waiting for midnight server time tonight. The start date for this should probably have been set to last night's server midnight to avoid this .-.​​
    edited April 2019
    avianos wrote: »
    I love that y'all made fun and doubted @lezard21 question, when he made a thread about asking the future plans for more Exclusive Costume Tokens giveaways and locked the thread because there was no proof they would make the tokens available in other ways

Apologize to Him, he can read perfectly! :grimace:

Apologize for what? I looked at the thread and nobody was making fun of him .-. are you goin nuts again?​​
    > @spinnytop said:
    > ealford1985 wrote: »
    >
    > Oh Spinny...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Oh Kelly...​​
    It’s aarrggghhhhh Kelly
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I actually like the last played arrangement. I can get all of the characters I care about on the first page now. I often avoided playing the ones on the second page, because they were on the second page. I was considering deleting about 6 40s, just to get all of the well setup ones onto the first page. This is good to me.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    Add my voice of irrelevant dislike of the new character select screen. I have pages of alts mixed 40s and lower levels. I randomly log toons based on what I feel like doing that day. This is NOT a QoL improvement for me.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    valheri6 wrote: »
    Well, I'm not a UI designer, but I'm pretty sure that a character list that changes its order on its own is a really flawed concept.
    It's not really any different from something like a file selection window; sometimes you really do want sorted by last access time. The problem is that COs character selection screen is a weird hex grid instead of something normal, and doesn't have character names, just headshots.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Defender's National Training Program Event
    Starting at April 12th 12:00am server time, we will be running a week long event where players are tasked with getting a brand new character to 40! Getting a new character to 40 will net the following rewards:
    • Jazzercise emotes (account unlock)
    • Overachiever Title and Perk (claimable once per character on your account)
    • 2 Exclusive Costume Tokens (claimable once per account)

The event has the following rules:
    • The character must be created and leveled to 40 within these dates: April 12th, 12:00am to April 18th, 11:59pm
    • Characters created before these dates will not count.

Upon reaching 40 you will be awarded the Overachiever perk and Jazzercise emotes. You can claim the title and tokens from the Bonus tab in the ZEN store.
    If you are not granted the perk immediately, please try logging your character on and off.
    Every character on your account can claim the title once achieved, not just the one leveled.

So what happens if you can't compete because you don't have any character slots?
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    My favorite part of the new character sorting is that it was unironically called a "quality of life change". Which I guess, in the literal sense of the phrase, it is, but you'd think those should improve quality of life.
    This is my feeling as well. I have something like 13 pages of characters, it was faster for me to find the toon I wanted because I knew where my most used toons were before their portrait loaded, now I have to wait for everything to load, find the character I want, and repeat said process for every single toon because using any character towards the bottom causes every other character to shift. Maybe some people will like this change but I hate it.
  • bumburgerbumburger Posts: 7 Arc User
    After update client will not launch,

"Error reading application ID, Please either write it to steam_appid.txt or use the launcher" ... I am using the champions launcher and i don't use steam in any way related to this game... I try to delete the steam related garbage and then it complains the steam garbage is gone, what is going on? How am i the only one with this issue?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I'm not even clear what these 2 tokens do?
    Apologize to Him, he can read perfectly! :grimace:​​
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited April 2019
    Mood
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'm not even clear what these 2 tokens do?
    Exclusive Costume Tokens are used from Silver players to purchase the old and retired monthly GOLD costume pieces, the Premium Pack gave 2 of those tokens and the anounchement hinted that more of would become available in the future
    Ctcat5G.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Update, just in case anybody else gets this error, I made a text file in the live dir for champions named steam_appid.txt and threw in a random 5 digit number and it got it working..
    bumburger wrote: »
    After update client will not launch,

"Error reading application ID, Please either write it to steam_appid.txt or use the launcher" ... I am using the champions launcher and i don't use steam in any way related to this game... I try to delete the steam related garbage and then it complains the steam garbage is gone, what is going on? How am i the only one with this issue?

Okay, Logged in , First impression,... HATE the new char sorting, this is a complete mess.. Why was player feedback ignored yet again?
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    The thing everyone is upset about sure is mildly annoying. I don't see it as any reason to have a meltdown though...with all the wailing and gnashing of teeth you'd think it'd be about something serious. Oh well I am sure we'll all get used to it, or maybe they'll do something to improve the situation later but I doubt that.

I am one of those people with 5+ pages of characters who only really plays a half dozen or so consistently so that is where my head is at in all of this.

• cohcaloriecohcalorie Posts: 9 Arc User
    UI
    • Characters in the select screen will now be sorted by last logged in.

This is pretty annoying.

I'd much rather have the sort by creation date than last logged in. Better yet would be an option (under Basic perhaps) that let you choose between a few different sorts (creation date, reverse creation date, last logged in, alphabetical).

• heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    [*] The character must be created and leveled to 40 within these dates: April 12th, 12:00am to April 18th, 11:59pm
    [*] Characters created before these dates will not count.

You know, I have a terrible feeling that in a few days we're gonna get a bunch of people complaining that they didn't get their rewards for leveling up a toon because they created the character today instead of waiting for midnight server time tonight. The start date for this should probably have been set to last night's server midnight to avoid this .-.​​

Oh geez, yes. I almost missed that, myself!

Kind of a shame it's not more like Star Trek Online's "____ Recruit" event, where as long as you make the character during the allotted time, you can unlock the rewards whenever.

Also I'll add my voice to not minding the organization change, but that's because over the years I've very carefully kept less than a page of characters, and only recently overflowed into a second page. Plus a lot of my earliest characters I've kind of abandoned so it'll be nice to have the ones I actually use at the top! But I can definitely understand the people with 3+ pages being annoyed.
  • dreadjaws2dreadjaws2 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    guyhumual wrote:

So what happens if you can't compete because you don't have any character slots?

Surely that's the reason for why they upgraded the number of character slots from 100 to 120.

Also, man, I'm surprised at the insane meltdown going on here about the new sorting system. Sure, it's not ideal (I'd very much prefer a manual system), but I certainly don't see the game-destroying atrocity everyone is making it up to be. I mean, you can still see the character's faces before picking them, there's rarely any room for confusion if you just look before choosing.
    dreadjaws2 wrote: »
    guyhumual wrote:

Surely that's the reason for why they upgraded the number of character slots from 100 to 120.
    There are people with legacy slots over the cap.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    dreadjaws2 wrote: »
    guyhumual wrote:

They need to upgrade the number of character slots from 120 to 145 for me to buy any new character slots
    Edit: did a quick count, I currently have 161 character slots 12 pages of 13 plus on page with 5
    Post edited by guyhumual on
    edited April 2019
    People with more than 120 characters should just get the rewards for free. You've done enough leveling up, you don't need to level up any more characters to get these rewards... or any rewards from like the next 20 level up events u3u​​
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    So does anyone know if the Level Boost items count toward leveling up to 40? Do I need to go 6-40 the normal way, or can I start from the level 30 boost I have lying around and farm the last 10? Could you buy all 40 levels or could you hypothetically buy 39 and then earn the last one? This is kinda vague...
    So does anyone know if the Level Boost items count toward leveling up to 40?
    Pretty sure level boosts just add xp. I'm not sure they even have the ability to distinguish that from increasing level by other means.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    Auction
    • Increased result cap to 999 (from 400).

This is so cool fix TY!!!!!!
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    I would like sorting options (last played, date created, level, a way to designate my favorites).
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Was date created the default?
    I have 7 pages of characters sorted the way I want.
    After playing a few characters I want a way to get the character back in the order I had them in.
    Was date created the default?
    I doubt it was actually sorted, just the way it pulled characters from the database matched order it was put into the database (this is effectively date created).
  • hollow#2749 hollow Posts: 20 Arc User
    The new character sorting is very inconvenient. I do not like it.
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Less then happy with the new character "sorting", this was a needless change. If anything putting them alphabetically would have been better. Please revert that "improvement". Thank you.

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Yeah this sorting change is as useless and annoying as I thought it'd be. I posted this in another thread, but figured I'd post it here as well:

This is how this sorting change should've been implemented, so it could be used as a useful sorting tool rather than a chaos grenade that only mucks everything up.

8W0ARF5.png

Please either revert it or make it a choice. I mean really, who thought it was necessary and useful in the first place?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    And the sound................of silence
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Apologize to Him, he can read perfectly! :grimace:

Apologize for what? I looked at the thread and nobody was making fun of him .-. are you goin nuts again?

Yes! My feelings were hurt! Apologise you maggots! onion-16.gif

Another one to the never ending list of "Lezard was right and everyone else was wrong"​​
  • casualslackscasualslacks Posts: 17 Arc User
    I've only got 16 heroes or maybe 17 after tonight. I don't like the change, but I can be easily placated if y'all Devs figure out a way to sort the shared bank in the hideouts.
    World Class Chump
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Another one to the never ending list of "Lezard was right and everyone else was wrong"

Can you be right if all you did was ask a question? U3u​​
    And the sound................of silence

Weird, I hear Woolie playing Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner. You don't hear that? o3o​​
  • cohcaloriecohcalorie Posts: 9 Arc User
    New Power: Transcendence
    • Ultimate
    • Repels targets and after a short time knocks them upwards.
    • Heals or resurrects nearby allies for a fixed amount of health. This amount does not scale with anything other than rank but increases if allies are affected by Illumination.
    • Leaves behind a Transcended Rune, which acts like a regular healing rune but will resurrect players standing in it periodically. This resurrect has a limited target cap and its frequency depends on rank. Players resurrected by this ability cannot be resurrected by it again for a set amount of time.
    • The healing on the rune also increases if the target is affected by Illumination.
    • This rune cannot be stacked.

You should have included the fact that this power comes from the Scion lockbox.

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    cohcalorie wrote: »
    You should have included the fact that this power comes from the Scion lockbox.

It's right here my good pal, buddy bud, friendie-o

Lockbox
    The Scion Lockbox is out! This lockbox can contain the following rewards:
    • Scion Costume Box
    • Electric Slide Travel Power Unlock
    • Electric Hover Disk Travel Power Unlock
    • >>>>>>>>>>>>Transcendence Power Unlock<<<<<<<<<<<<
    • Jazzhands Emote
    • Lightning Bolt Costume Transformation
    • Power Stone Costume Transformation
    ​​
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    It took some time—with the occasional diversion for advancement—but I finally got all my toons back into the order in which I know and want them.

I will add my voice to the chorus of people who don't like this new sorting feature, unless it's made optional.

I use all my characters...ALL OF THEM...perhaps not equally, but more or less on a whim according to whether I feel like playing electricity or firearms or heavy melee weapons or fire or whatever...not according to whether or not I've "finished" the character and certainly not according to whether or not they're my "favourite."
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    People with more than 120 characters should just get the rewards for free. You've done enough leveling up, you don't need to level up any more characters to get these rewards... or any rewards from like the next 20 level up events u3u​​

I agree.
    Head-Explode.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    ZEN Store
    25x Valerian Scarlet's Radiance mods, boosts Celestial damage

New Power: Transcendence
    Ultimate
    Repels targets and after a short time knocks them upwards.
    Heals or resurrects nearby allies for a fixed amount of health. This amount does not scale with anything other than rank but increases if allies are affected by Illumination.
    Leaves behind a Transcended Rune, which acts like a regular healing rune but will resurrect players standing in it periodically. This resurrect has a limited target cap and its frequency depends on rank. Players resurrected by this ability cannot be resurrected by it again for a set amount of time.
    The healing on the rune also increases if the target is affected by Illumination.
    This rune cannot be stacked.
    Enough with the teasing, when can we get a DPS Celestial Revamp?
    I have been wanting to make a Celestial DPS 4 years now with a character sitting there at lvl 40 onion-10.gif
    Its weird that that the Celestial mod was named after Valerian Scarlet, I was expecting to be called after Therakiel but hey not complaining :B
    Costumes
    Golden Age Star and Golden Age Lightning Bolt emblems can be set to glow.
    Let me guess? Because of Shazam

Account
    Increased max character slots to 120 (from 100).
    Auction
    Increased result cap to 999 (from 400).
    Compared to the stupid shorted by log in roster which nobody wanted, THOSE 2 are actually good quality of life update :|​​
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    aUew3o.jpg

Yeah this is annoying, takes forever to load the portraits, doesn't show names as ur hovering, etc etc. should have left it the way it was, imo not everything needs to change to make it better or for quality of life, some things are better left the way they were, I know you guys worked a bit on this, but you should really listen to the community's dislike for this. I know, it seems like a minor thing, and some people don't actually care but for most people this is very very annoying.

I love CO's traditional Hex/Honeycomb character select design, and I know the other games are sorted by login but it's not an issue in those games due to how they're setup, and in this game it should be left the way it was, every game should be treated differently when it comes to changes like this.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Also I want to give you guys a thumbs up on this costume set it is beautiful! I am also glad silver players get another chance at costume tokens and free emotes as well with this Defender's training program ^_^ I'm LTS but I'll be farming it myself for the emote.

Edit: forgot to mention I love the auction house cap increase, I've always wanted this egdhisjnwlkma
    Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
    edited April 2019
    Account
    Increased max character slots to 120 (from 100).
    Auction
    Increased result cap to 999 (from 400).
    Compared to the stupid shorted by log in roster which nobody wanted, THOSE 2 are actually good quality of life update :|

Oh what a surprise Avianos likes the part about getting stuff for free! Well there you go devs just make all future patch notes 100% "Here's some free stuff to make Aviano happy!" and you'll have a 100% approval rating just shower him with slots and bird costumes and pancake batter and waffle juice >:C​​
    edited April 2019
    Oh what a surprise Avianos likes the part about getting stuff for free! Well there you go devs just make all future patch notes 100% "Here's some free stuff to make Aviano happy!" and you'll have a 100% approval rating just shower him with slots and bird costumes and pancake batter and waffle juice >:C
    e9e.jpg

With your logic I should also love the Shorted by Log in because its "Free stuff" quality of life​​
  • badname#9112 badname Posts: 2 Arc User
    menesh wrote: »
    Sorry, but this new character sorting was a bad idea. If you want to make it easier for altaholics, just turn the sorting to creation date newest first would have been a much better alternative.

Can we make this guy lead dev instead of what we have???