test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Teleios Ascendant Video Tutorial

Hey everyone! This is the first part of a video tutorial series I am currently working on for Teleios Ascendant.

https://youtu.be/qim9vSyrwHk

I am going to be working on the Grond portion over the weekend. If anyone has any useful tips they think should be included for any of the encounters please let me know!
╔══╗
╚╗╔╝
╔╝(¯v´¯)
╚══.¸Menagerie

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It is worth noting that Medusa's pink AoE has different damage depending on when you block; if you wait to block until just before the actual damage occurs, you'll get hit for 50-60k, which will one-shot a lot of dps through block, if you block immediately on the bubble appearing you'll get hit for much much less.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    A TA video might not be the best place for this, since it's more about dps optimization. But still could be interesting for some players.

You can do perfect block timing if your camera is close enough to medusa (or any recent boss really) to see the charge bar above the boss' head. If you look here you'll see the charge bar, but the camera is zoomed out so far it disappears when the camera rotates away a bit. If you want to use this, you'll have to position your camera so that it's relatively close to the boss. Hopefully the devs will increase the visual range at some point in the future, but since this has already been reported years ago they probably wont.

You only have to start blocking right before the charge bar fills. And how long you have to keep blocking depends on the attack.

In general the charge bar tells you when to block to stop additional effects (extra damage, DoT, CC, knock, etc).
    On attacks with damage and some additional effect (I think all wireframe attacks have some additional effect besides damage) you need to start blocking a little before the bar fills, and keep blocking until the damage hits you. CC without damage, like from the dino bosses, you only have to block for a few moments when the bar fills.

You can also use this as an additional tell for when the dino does a stun or damage check. Before the damage check there will not be charge bar (or wireframe, or attack tell icon).

• theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    I just finished putting together the 2nd part. This one is a little bit more tricky to write up an introduction for since Grond has weird tendencies. I may make a second version of this in the future with him off the center platform for demonstration.

https://youtu.be/-O6DbiMCKps
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Looks good.
    I didn't quite get from the video why it's important to keep Grond on the middle platform though.
    It's worth knowing that fire patches are a 3s DoT (of about 20k per tic) and do not do instant damage.
    I believe Grond's Boom attacks are actually 100' AoE and a cylinder, not a melee AoE.
    I think Grond only uses his throw rocks attack if the target is not in melee range. This is usually because of placing a fire patch.

Unlike Medusa, where there isn't a lot to show about recovering from mistakes, it might be useful showing some of the things that can go wrong in this fight, such as
    • Being catapulted across the room from not blocking his boom attack.
    • People being juggled by Grondlings throwing rocks.
    • Multi-ressing people to get them out of a fire patch (since the damage isn't instant, if you get ressed in a fire you can run a couple steps before you die again).
    • Grond being off his platform and pathing horribly.
    Thanks for the feedback you two!

His pathing tends to bug out when he gets off the platform which wasn't showcased in the video. I think I will make another to go with this one to show what happens when the tank gets knocked around a little bit. I'll include some of your suggestions in that one Panta, I think those would all be super useful to see.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    Here is the Gravitar encounter! This one is a little bit easier to explain than Grond was lol

https://youtu.be/tUQMZIidsuI
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Hmmm, the extra mobs in medusa, and dino can be completely ignored, they don't hurt anyone really, and it's better to just apply as much dmg to the boss, and ignore them. What tiny bit of dmg they do gets healed away by passive auras anyway.
    [NbK]XStorm
    They can be! This is more an introduction for new players to the content so I was opting with safety over speed.

I’ll make a note of alternatives for the dino encounter, thanks!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    The adds in Medusa and Teleiosaurus can do non-negligible damage, but they don't have cc or knocks so they're unlikely to mess things up the way grondlings or perfections of body do, and they don't have anything like the damage output of teleioclone mk2s.
    The dino fight

https://youtu.be/qtJ809adUSg

I'm excited about the Grond changes currently on PTS. He was much more enjoyable to tank without him spacewalking across the map
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    I saw it being run about 3 times just yesterday. It’s mostly the same people running it. It is going on 3 or 4 years old now. People are probably bored with it.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    We did one last night w/no tank, that was a lot of fun(not really). I mended. And it didn't went pretty well.
    [NbK]XStorm
    It only took me 3 months to get re-motivated to finish this lol.

https://youtu.be/BKTu-bkd5gE
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Great tutorial, 10/10.
    Kbye!
    [NbK]XStorm