test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PFF Suggestion.

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
Adapted from what I said in that other thread, with a few more specifics.

While PFF's shield strength is above 10%:
- The player is immune to knocks, holds, and repels.

At or below 10% shield strength:
- The player gets the Focused Shields buff which lasts 8 seconds, and gives them an extra 125% damage resistance while blocking.
- The player also gets the Emergency Power buff. This buff lasts 7 seconds, but the duration only ticks down while the player is blocking. While the player has the Emergency Power buff their PFF shield will not regenerate, but when the buff ends their PFF shield is restored to full.

The intended result here is that the PFF user, some of the time, doesn't have to block quite as much as other tanks. For example at Dino they would not have to block yellows ( except of course if the damage would be about to drop them ). Some of the time they have to block more. PFF play then revolves around trying to maximize the former, and being aware of your buff bar to get block up fast enough to avoid dying during the latter.

PFF would of course likely have to be adjusted to make sure the amount of time for each "phase" is right as I think right now it might end up in the latter phase a bit too much, but the fact that PFF can't be healed works to its benefit here. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the bonus resistence while blocking would have to be added as a function of Force Shield and wouldn't be able to just work with any block, but I'd be fine with that.​​

Comments