test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nuclear Shockwave

warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
Since they are looking at adjusting one of the 3 Onslaught Villain powers (Lance Rain), why not take this time to adjust one of the other "grind it out" OV powers: Nuclear Shockwave?

This thing does wimpy wimpy damage. Absolutely no one uses it. (I don't know that for a fact, but I have NEVER seen it used in the field by anyone).

In my opinion, of the 3 OV powers that you have to spend 10k OV tokens for, Lance Rain and Gravitic Ripple are OK. Maybe a nudge upwards is needed for Gravitic Ripple, but I use it on one character, albeit not a "go to" power. But, Nuclear Shockwave seems to be stuck at level 1 power.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
"Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    It will always make me Giggle that when the power was on PTS for testing along the OSV Update, everyone agreed it was critically Underperforming
    September 2015
    Nuclear Shockwave still hits like a wet noodle.

While Lance Rain had the best damage and Gravitic Ripple has interesting and funny Utility, Nuclear Shockwave has nothing and is plagued with low damage targeting bugs

Unfortunately looking at Lance Rain getting updated only during the TK revamp, it seems those two powers will only get updated when MIGHT and FORCE get revamped :tired_face:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    As many of us do, I'm questioning, since there isn't a current TK revamp going on, why adjust the one OV power that works well and not adjust the one that no one EVER uses.​​

• Options
    If/when they revamp MIGHT and/or Force, I hope this power gets a revamp, too. More viable options are always welcome.​​

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »
    As many of us do, I'm questioning, since there isn't a current TK revamp going on, why adjust the one OV power that works well and not adjust the one that no one EVER uses.

Because they found out something about it that required the change. It's not unusual that they don't tell us what that something is - especially if it might be exploity.​​
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Give Nuclear Shockwave the Burn Through adv. Cuz you know, Crushing/Particle....
    EDIT:
    I just tried it in PTS and I am appalled that Nuclear Shockwave's animation isn't the same as when you're a Grond OV. It's a literal reskin of HW's Earth Splitter.

I demand the animation be replaced similar to Grond's Shockwave!
    Post edited by chaosdrgnz43 on
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Give Nuclear Shockwave the Burn Through adv. Cuz you know, Crushing/Particle....
    EDIT:
    I just tried it in PTS and I am appalled that Nuclear Shockwave's animation isn't the same as when you're a Grond OV. It's a literal reskin of HW's Earth Splitter.

I demand the animation be replaced similar to Grond's Shockwave!

That's a good start. I like it.​​