test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TK Blades + Sorcery

Hey everyone,

Is a TK Melee and Sorcery build viable? If so, what's the best way of going about it? I'm envisioning a primarily TK blades build (incl. pandemonium), aided by utility (whatever that means) from sorcery (e.g. circle of arcane power). I'm not sure if those two go together, though. Anyway, any help would be cool. Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    They can be mixed, sure. Did you have any preferred powers you wanted to use, though? I assume the Ego Weaponry + EBA combo for single-target dps, but not sure what else you'd like.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    They can be mixed, sure. Did you have any preferred powers you wanted to use, though? I assume the Ego Weaponry + EBA combo for single-target dps, but not sure what else you'd like.

Hey Flow,

I'm not too picky about what powers goes in the build, just that they're viable together and clearly a mix of TK and Sorcery. I'd enjoy a build that has ego blade pandemonium (as I'd just gotten it) and circle of arcane power (as it matches the visual I'm going for). Thanks for replying!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!
    Well, if you build it efficiently, you prob won't need CoAP's extra energy. You could get some mileage from CoPD as a defensive anti-knock power, though. One example:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&n=&d=12730iGPKQLa000000M000F209F903B800F50HFG00K503FP05Ma0WON01MU01MG01MR00FW0B0mUB42kg11KW40000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Form of the Tempest
    Level 11: Ego Blade Frenzy (Rank 2, Mental Block)
    Level 14: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 23: Hex of Suffering (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Warlock's Blades (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Circle of Primal Dominion
    Level 38: Ego Blade Pandemonium (Rank 2, Rank 3, Buzzsaw)
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Its mostly still a TK Blade build, but w/ hints of Sorcery. Hex can deal some DoT dmg from ranged, and also ground flying enemies here. The Sorc blades were added for theme, but can add some dps in the background. You could consider one of the sigils as an alternative to the warlock blades. Otherwise it alternates between Ego Weaponry and EBA for single targets, and uses EBF for AoE. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
    Ahh, that's perfect. Thanks again, Flow!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    np; have fun out there!