test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 11/29/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2018 in Release Notes
High Noon
For the next week High Noon at Snake Gulch will be running!
  • Added optional mission objectives to defeat Ascii Oakley, Fred C. Dos and Desert Serpent. Defeating these minibosses will reward an extra 3 event currency each. The currency is only rewarded if you complete the open mission.
  • Added various event drops for defeating any type of Cowboy Robot during High Noon. These rewards can include certain costume items, consumable devices and event currency.
  • Added Steampunk High Collar and Gear Sword costumes to the event store.
  • Removed Blue quality costumes from the event store and added them as possible drops from Cowboy Robots during the event. Their quality has also been changed to Yellow.
  • Removed the action figures from the event store and added them as possible drops from Cowboy Robots during the event
  • Mechanical Hounds can be found in some event mob groups now.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where most Superspeed powers were not triggering the Impact advantage.
  • Fixed a bug where Whirlpool wasn't triggering effects for its owner.
  • Fixed a bug where Whirlpool's chill effects wasn't increasing with rank.
  • Updated the tooltips on Implosion Engine and Whirlpool to state that it has a target cap of 10. This is just a tooltip update.
  • Corrected a missing glow channel on Aquatic Tights 2 for males.
  • Added a target cap of 10 to Redirected Force (from no cap). This was done for balance and performance reasons.
  • Due to the back to back events, the Nighthawk vendor has been moved to the back of the recognition area and will stick around for its usual week after the event ended.
​​

Comments

• Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    *good quick change*
    Also thanks for the High Noon event again :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    [*] Mechanical Hounds can be found in some event mob groups now.
    [/list]
    STEAMPUNK DOGGO :love:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    That high collar, and gear sword look nice. Now, if I could just play the game....
  • Options
    rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    So, now (not only) my toon is stuck in a f---ing SNR loop. When will this be fixed? Will it be fixed at all? Or is this one of your many *cough* "features" *cough* to end the game as soon as possible?
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    [*] Mechanical Hounds can be found in some event mob groups now.
    [/list]
    STEAMPUNK DOGGO :love:​​

Devs. Make a Loyal Sidekick version of this, and i'll give you cookies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    Cool now is the one that you can get the Gunslinger Archetype on, right?
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    @rslvfzg overreact much?
  • Options
    sgtken60 wrote: »

Yes​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    rslvfzgrslvfzg Posts: 49 Arc User
    @ealford1985 Nope, just pissed about this. i don't have all day to play, but a lotta bucks to farm. And guess what? I can't because of this damn "feature".
    Regloh@rslvfzg - PARAGON DAWN
    - Dawn Radio -
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    rslvfzg wrote: »
    @ealford1985 Nope, just pissed about this. i don't have all day to play, but a lotta bucks to farm. And guess what? I can't because of this damn "feature".
    Um yeah, no idea what you're talking about, but I'm guessing it's the server timeout bug Kais already fixed.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Yes​​

Thanks I been wanting that AT, so I can do my version of the Golden Age Sungirl
  • Options
    Glad to see this event again, but a sword costume piece? Not anything more old West related, like maybe a sombrero, poncho, cigarillo, guitar case Gatling Gun weapon skin?

636329803556635281-D03-CLINT-DVD-08-2868573-1-.JPG?width=534&height=401&fit=crop
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    *cough* *cough*

Are you feeling better now?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I'm curious what the balance issue could be? It's mostly useful at Cosmics and I almost never see anybody using it. It doesn't provide all that much extra protection (as compared to AoRP or even a basic block for example). Nothing ranks it up; it's just a flat amount. This seems like it's more taking an already marginal power and making it even less useful, meaning it will be even less used than before (kind of like how no one seems to use Nova Flare?). I could better understand the performance issue since ca. 35 brightly glowing relatively large bubbles at a cosmic might be a strain for the system. But, maybe a better way of dealing with that is going with some less intensive sfx instead?
    High Noon
    [*] Added a target cap of 10 to Redirected Force (from no cap). This was done for balance and performance reasons.
    ​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Being able to affect upwards of whatever the zone cap of players is very potent, even if the buff amount seems small.

Even without the FX, affecting that many players is a strain on the game.​​
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Redirect Force could do with some changes of Force ever gets a review. It would be a lot nicer as a charge power with a longer duration for the shielding effect.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    200.gif
    LightheartedUnevenGypsymoth-small.gif

woooaah dude chill. If you are having any problem connecting to the game do you really think this is the best way to resolve it? You do realise that the devs are not out to get you and that any possible bug you are experiencing is probably unintentional?

How about giving some more detailed information as to what problem you are encountering?

Where was your character last logged when this happened? Does this affect all your characters? Is the SNR constant or when trying to switch zones or change characters? When did the problem start?​​
  • Options
    High Noon

[*] Due to the back to back events, the Nighthawk vendor has been moved to the back of the recognition area and will stick around for its usual week after the event ended.
    [/list]

Could we get a permanent vendor version of Nighthawk event maybe? Same way as Bloodmoon and Winter event, allowing out of event purchases but at double the token price.​​
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    2nd this, just add them all
  • Options
    SUPER BIG BOO BOO ALERT
    qWUOBhB.jpg

Failing High Noon causes Mechanon to spawn at whichever Hp % he was left at once OM comes back up, and whichever mini boss was killed stays dead.​​
  • Options
    So potent that almost no one uses it? Other than myself on one character that I don;t use all that often I'd say that I haven't see RF used more than a couple times in the last year. If it's affecting fewer people hopefully it will get a buff or other reworking in compensation (like Aiqa mentioned). I've always wished it were a charged power.
    Being able to affect upwards of whatever the zone cap of players is very potent, even if the buff amount seems small.

Even without the FX, affecting that many players is a strain on the game.​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Redirected Force's damage resist on the block layer, so actually quite potent. The potency of the power isn't the reason people don't use it, that has more to do with how situational it is, the fact it doesn't get you points, and the dedicated costs of usage.

Also "people don't use it a lot" has never been a valid reason to not balance a power.​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The problem with redirected force is that it's almost always better to use healing. If a raid is taking, say, 5,000 damage over 5 seconds (say, kiga storm), redirected force rank 3 will prevent 833 damage per target, or 166 damage per second per target. A life essence healer can realistically heal that much damage every second to all targets, and is a lot less dependent on exact timing.

I would probably fix this by redesigning redirected force and keeping the target cap, though. Easiest option is to just make it into area effect Protection Field.
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Misc
    • Fixed a bug where Whirlpool wasn't triggering effects for its owner.
    • Fixed a bug where Whirlpool's chill effects wasn't increasing with rank.
    ​​

Awesome and thank you and Yay!
  • Options
    I would probably fix this by redesigning redirected force and keeping the target cap, though. Easiest option is to just make it into area effect Protection Field.
    THAT'S SOMETHING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ACTUALLY
    If Redirected Force worked like an AoE force field rune dome it would be more useful than its current state

Oh well, perhaps when the Force powerframe gets revamped this power will be revamped, whenever this will be​​
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    SUGGESTION
    More events could use their daily giving a choice between Event Currency, SCR (or GCR maybe), or Questionite since Tokens are almost completely useless after you've bought everything in store, and this discourage participation in event.

If the maintenance is going down to fix something related to High Noon, I'd like to add

BUG
    The Red Tower (Ascii) has a lot of extra Skull Level spawns from the regular Asciing for Trouble mission. Since they are Skull level, these mobs add considerable extra damage on top of the damage done by event mobs, not to mention 5 extra different ways you can get leashed, and getting held by the Sassy Saloon Girls. Red Tower (Ascii) is most often the one that gets overrun first due to the huge extra amount of mobs (like 20 from all close spawns).

I recommend clearing the extra spawns once Mechanon Liberator becomes active to keep difficulty among towers consistent.
    ​​
  • Options
    But weakening it so that people use it even less does not seem like a good solution. In the broad scheme of things I imagine that we want more useful/viable powers for support builds, not fewer.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Redirected Force's damage resist on the block layer, so actually quite potent. The potency of the power isn't the reason people don't use it, that has more to do with how situational it is, the fact it doesn't get you points, and the dedicated costs of usage.

Also "people don't use it a lot" has never been a valid reason to not balance a power.​​

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    Silly newbie questions for anybody - are the skull Level Cowboy bots suppose to lock on you at such a long range? I have had them start attacking me while I am at the top of a cliff and not attacking them.

And do they always hang in such large clusters/groups?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    But weakening it so that people use it even less does not seem like a good solution. In the broad scheme of things I imagine that we want more useful/viable powers for support builds, not fewer.

Also "people don't use it a lot" has never been a valid reason to not balance a power.

A power that nobody uses continues to go unused. Oh well. The change was likely because the power might actually be very useful during High Noon. Just float above a tower with RF held or something. You know it had more to do with the performance impact anyways.

Silly newbie questions for anybody - are the skull Level Cowboy bots suppose to lock on you at such a long range? I have had them start attacking me while I am at the top of a cliff and not attacking them.

Yes to all.​​
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Also "people don't use it a lot" has never been a valid reason to not balance a power.

A power that nobody uses continues to go unused. Oh well. The change was likely because the power might actually be very useful during High Noon. Just float above a tower with RF held or something. You know it had more to do with the performance impact anyways.

Yes to all.​​

Okay thanks, so no solo hunting for me.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Added Steampunk High Collar and Gear Sword costumes to the event store.
    OH COME ON! ONLY HEAVY WEAPONS? REALLY?
    qSAX196.png
    The weapon is exactly what I was expecting, a cool JRPG/Steampunk looking but the fact it's only available for heavy weapons is a killjoy :-1:

Please make this weapon available for Single/Dual blades as well​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    What's the time? Stab o'clock!
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Will it slice time?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Finally made a cool HW weapon skin and it's a sword. Y-A-W-N!

Better put stabby toothpicks as Martial Arts weapons and leave HW with Hammers and Axes.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    OH COME ON! ONLY HEAVY WEAPONS? REALLY?
    qSAX196.png
    The weapon is exactly what I was expecting, a cool JRPG/Steampunk looking but the fact it's only available for heavy weapons is a killjoy :-1:

Please make this weapon available for Single/Dual blades as well​​

I have to agree, please make it for single/dual blades too
  • Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    THAT'S SOMETHING I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ACTUALLY
    If Redirected Force worked like an AoE force field rune dome it would be more useful than its current state

Oh well, perhaps when the Force powerframe gets revamped this power will be revamped, whenever this will be​​
    That'd be awesome!

• Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    ​​

And now that small amount isn't useful to more that ten people. So, not very powerful. Meh.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    Suggestion thread for an Alternative costume unlock item for Gear Sword for SB/DB/TK/LS was made here
    BUG: Gear Sword suffers from the common HW weapon bug where the HW power's visuals are misplaced on the Handle
    Y6HDZMz.png?1​​
  • Options
    Oh wow it's like Sister Fried's scythe kinda. It magically becomes a double sword with fire! \owo/​​