test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BITE Targeting is complete and utter...

What the actual freak, dude? You set up a PvP event, but you make the PCs incredibly low priority targets? What is WRONG with you? I have CTRL+TAB set at "target closest" and I can literally be standing right next to an opponent PC, click that, and it targets some NPC nearby. Ridiculous incompetence. PCs should be priority in BITE PvP areas.
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    That's not BITE, that's "target threatening enemies first". Which means it targets people with you on their threat tables. Which, since PCs don't have threat tables, means NPCs. However, a bind for target_enemy_player_next may help.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    But CTRL+TAB as "target nearest" should target the PC if I'm standing right next to them, right? Or does "target threatening enemies first" override that? I mean, it works in regular PVE content
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    But CTRL+TAB as "target nearest" should target the PC if I'm standing right next to them, right? Or does "target threatening enemies first" override that?
    Probably? I always turn it off, because it never does what I want it to do.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    This kind of make jumping into a crowd of allied NPC a valid strategy. If the hotkey isn't working for you, you should try clicking.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    This kind of make jumping into a crowd of allied NPC a valid strategy. If the hotkey isn't working for you, you should try clicking.

The problem with "clicking" the target is now my character is stationary (or moving in a straight line with auto-run) because my cursor is visible (and no longer controlling my characters movements) while I'm attempting to click on a target to fire upon. Standing still while trying to select a target is bad for your health.

Sure, you can always W,A,S,D during this, but that has its' problems, too.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    ^^^ THIS. Also, clicking is near impossible in a crowd. Always has been.

The whole thing is complete crap. Fix this, devs.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I just bound "Target_enemy_Player_next" to my v key.

Worked like a charm.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Wait holy cow did I really miss the chance to make this joke? Oof, better late than never.

Would you say the targeting.... bites? xD​​
This discussion has been closed.