test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If you had one superpower...

deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
What would it be and why?

I'll start with my choice: Telekinesis. If I could manipulate the physical environment around me with just a thought, well... let's just say I like to build things, yeah? I'm the guy who made elaborate pillow forts when I was young. While I'm not exactly a construction person, I could probably do with quickly assembling small structures and objects on the fly, or even just doing things like typical daily chores.​​
Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Tony Stark.
    Genius, billionaire, philanthropist.

:#

Matter manipulation.
    Making stuff from other stuff. What other reasons you need? =)

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Creation. As in I can make anything organic/inorganic. I can create my chars in RL and have them exist in a limited time.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Creation. As in I can make anything organic/inorganic. I can create my chars in RL and have them exist in a limited time.
    That can be more dangerous than you currently realize... (Caution: adult language)

I'm torn between teleportation and telekinesis - both have their uses, of course. (With teleportation, I'd never need a car or a plane again; with TK, I wouldn't have to get up to get some small item I left on the other side of the room.)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    That can be more dangerous than you currently realize... (Caution: adult language)

I'm well-aware. That's why I added "for a limited time".

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter

I'm well-aware. That's why I added "for a limited time".
    Well, on the other hand, it's not like a Foundation containment team is going to stop and interview you about whether you still have those godlike powers that caught their attention. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    My choice: I'm very much torn between Telepathy and Force Fields...(major surprise considering two of my mains :tongue: )

Telepathy would make my job so much easier and also be useful for navigating difficult situations on occasion. It'd be incredibly subtle, so I wouldn't necessarily have to worry about the Government coming after me...unless I took to the streets dressed like Mentella and publicized that I had psychic powers lmao.

Force Fields...as long as I could use them in the way I wanted...I'd probably primarily use them for personal transport or to explore more exotic places on holiday...from within the safety of my force field.
  • #LegalizeAwoo
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Healing. Like the ability to heal any injury or disease by poking someone.​​
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Turn water into rum.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum, turn this water into rum"​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    sometimes in my dreams I can just like... float around... its super useful... so yeah... levitation.

edited October 2018
    nepht wrote: »
    Turn water into rum.
    Matter manipulation.
    Making stuff from other stuff. What other reasons you need? =)

Mine is better than yours!

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    To be, Myself?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Put me down for Telekinesis too. It's always so underutilized.
  • sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Shapeshifting.
    rtma wrote: »
    To be, Myself?

Please write a long post about what that means u3u​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Sign me up for "near immortality," ideally in the form of becoming a non-aggressive version of Mechanon. I'd like to be around and see if humanity kills itself off, or if it gets past its hangups and ventures off into the stars.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    aesica wrote: »
    Sign me up for "near immortality," ideally in the form of becoming a non-aggressive version of Mechanon. I'd like to be around and see if humanity kills itself off, or if it gets past its hangups and ventures off into the stars.

This can be achived with Time Manipulation too, so that'd be my pick. Don't want the cons that come with immortality.

No time changing paradox sheenanigans though, just move through time for scholarly reasons.​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    aesica wrote: »

This can be achived with Time Manipulation too, so that'd be my pick. Don't want the cons that come with immortality.
    That's why I say near immortality. I absolutely do not want to be around for heat death. :)
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • immortality is easy to bypass...just die an unnatural death, since being immortal only means you can't die of age or disease - being stabbed in the heart, having your head lopped off or getting spaghettified by the tidal forces of a black hole will still kill you​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    immortality is easy to bypass...just die an unnatural death, since being immortal only means you can't die of age or disease - being stabbed in the heart, having your head lopped off or getting spaghettified by the tidal forces of a black hole will still kill you​​
    That's why you want to watch the interpretation of "immortality" by whatever grants it to you. Otherwise you could wind up like Isstvan in Robert Asprin's Another Fine Myth (and the Phil Foglio graphic-novel adaptation, Myth Adventures) - trying to commit suicide for centuries, and unable to die despite the pain involved (he'd been cursed by a more powerful mage to live forever). The line that pointed it up best for me was from the adaptation:
    "So why were you afraid of being on fire?"

"Because it's quite painful, and after several thousand years of failed suicide attempts, I've had all the pain I care to experience, thank you. Besides, Mother always said no smoking in the house."

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    rtma wrote: »
    To be, Myself?

Please write a long post about what that means u3u​​

It's more of a metaphor(Anology?), a value even, to say "stay true to yourself and to those around you, that is the real super power", like a moral of a story, if you understand my reference, power within etc.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfaUSOCcWHBRXhKdOwE5_3Q3E_zfL84ir2ysqIWIUox82UXovm

In correlation to me, specifically to be my Dragon self and all the attributes that are associated with, so literally be myself. :3
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Honestly? I'd love to be able to make people understand what i mean by what I say, since it doesn't always work...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Healing. Like the ability to heal any injury or disease by poking someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R5xe_rTnd0​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

That's why you want to watch the interpretation of "immortality" by whatever grants it to you. Otherwise you could wind up like...

Also careful of garbage immortality such as "You live forever, but you also keep aging" or "You'll live forever because now you're a tree". I mean we don't know where these powers are coming from...if it's from a magical source then there's likely to be mischief afoot cause genies and old gods always add stipulations, and if they come from science well let's just say that comic books have a very positive outlook on mutations. Dead Pool actually is one of the rare mutants to address that idea. Where are all the X-Men's horrible deformations? I mean in the case of Scott Summers you could argue brain damage, but everyone else looks like they got off easy.​​
    That's why you want to watch the interpretation of "immortality" by whatever grants it to you. Otherwise you could wind up like...

Also careful of garbage immortality such as "You live forever, but you also keep aging" or "You'll live forever because now you're a tree". I mean we don't know where these powers are coming from...if it's from a magical source then there's likely to be mischief afoot cause genies and old gods always add stipulations, and if they come from science well let's just say that comic books have a very positive outlook on mutations. Dead Pool actually is one of the rare mutants to address that idea. Where are all the X-Men's horrible deformations? I mean in the case of Scott Summers you could argue brain damage, but everyone else looks like they got off easy.​​
    Oh, there have been a few over the years. Maggot had an external digestive system. Marrow's bones grew through her muscles and skin, and while she could break them off to make weapons, it hurt - a lot. The Morlocks practically embodied this whole thing. And so forth.

Reading your response reminded me of another case of "be careful what you wish for", from the Rush song "Xanadu". The protagonist, following clues from Coleridge's poem and some ancient tomes, sought out the pleasure dome of Kublai Khan, so he too could "dine on honeydew/And drink the milk of paradise" and become immortal. Second verse:

A thousand years have come and gone
    But time has passed me by,
    Stars stopped in the sky,
    Frozen in an everlasting view
    Waiting for the world to end,
    Weary of the night,
    Praying for the light,
    Prison of the lost Xanadu!

I mean, if time never passes outside your mind, you're technically immortal...

The whole "be careful what you wish for" thing applies to more than just immortality. Pretty much everything listed here so far by everyone could be horribly corrupted in some fashion.

Matter manipulation/telekinesis/creation powers: The human mind is extremely chaotic and undisciplined, so one wrong thought and oh **** you just ripped someone you care about apart, unmade your neighborhood, or spawned something horrible that grows beyond your ability to control and contain. I'm currently working on a project which actually covers the latter scenario. In an alternate universe with its own unique laws of physics, thought and reality have no distinction. One errant thought brings into existence an entity of infinite hunger, and after having consumed most of that universe, it begins to penetrate others, such as ours, in search of more food.

Telepathy: You can't turn it off, just like you can't turn off your hearing. So now, you're stuck hearing all of the horrible things people think to themselves. "I need to get home and dispose of my husband's body before people start asking questions," "Look at the tits on her," "That's it, I'm going to buy a gun and come back here if they keep treating me like this," "God my hemorrhoids itch so badly right now," "How am I going to tell my husband that the baby isn't his?" Etc. :)

I want to be a [insert mythical creature here]: Granted. Now everyone is afraid of you and the military has their sights set on eliminating or using you.

Shapeshifting: Similar to matter manipulation/etc, you can't control it all the time because your human mind is undisciplined. Good luck explaining to people why you've got tentacles sprouting from your back. "Damn, I accidentally did that again?"

And some others:

Flying: "Okay!* *hurls you 400 feet into the air* -or- "Here's your plane ticket."

Invisibility: You're always invisible, but your clothes aren't, nor is anything else on you. Get muddy or dirty and people can see you. Want to smuggle money out of a bank? Well, I guess you could smuggle it out by...oh right. Family friendly forum content only. ;)
    Yeah that's why healing is the best one. The way that usually has a clause is that you absorb their injury/sickness into yourself and hey then you're just a martyr beloved by all.​​
    Healing: You want to heal people by poking them? Okay, granted. *Waves hands* Now you're now wearing a nurse outfit with a syringe in one hand, first aid kit in the other, and a basic understanding of modern medical practices infused into your brain. At least you got several years of medical education instantly and for free.
    I mean, a magical syringe and medical kit that can heal any disease or injury sounds amazing. That's not even a stipulation, you've literally just given me exactly what I wanted with no downsides. Free nurse outfit too!​​
  • fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    Infinity Gauntlet Finger Snap + I pick the half that goes :)
    Also, it is repeatable . . .
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Shapeshifting here, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    The ability to generate electrical energy. i.e. Storm.
  • subesan#3467 subesan Posts: 15 Arc User
    I think, I would want Flight. Free to sore the skies.
    or
    Some kind of super - athletics and parkour everywhere.
  • jer#1883 jer Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well, since it's only one super power, I would want to control air/wind. There's definitely some possibilities with that power that I could do, as well as different aspects of different powers. Flight would be taken care of because I could make a tornado to carry me or just use a wind jet of some sort. A version of telekinesis, not really, could be done but instead of using your mind to pick up stuff, I could use wind, it might be messier to do so but it could still work. But yeah tornadoes and all that stuff also, I mean if Storm could stop a massive wave with tornadoes why not? but hey that's just me you know this by now lol​​
    I'm a raging whirlwind like the tornadoes I can make. WATCH OUT!!!
    Y9MfgKA.jpg
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The Batman power. Or rather, the Bruce Wayne Power:

Flash — "So what's your superpower?"
    Bruce — "I'm rich…"

I think I'd settle for… hmm… One Billion dollars, tax free, with an excellent financial advisor.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    I think i would want teleportation, or invisibility. I like to be a bit lone sometimes
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Teleportation most def!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
    1f5e52984ca4591596f0fd355f7fcbb8.jpg
  • scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    I have always loved the luck abilities of Longshot and Domino. Its a super power. No its not.
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    Sign me up for The White Lantern Corps!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    If I could have any superpower from CO IRL, it would be self-rez.
  • doctorevilfacedoctorevilface Posts: 91 Arc User
    What I want isn't so much a power as it is an ability. I want the ability to see alternate realities. Not necessarily to travel to them, but just to be able to view them from a distance at will.

I've always been extremely fascinated with the concept of a multiverse.
    Lemon-Scented Evil.