test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"The Perfect Prey" mission in Canada

So, I'm in Canada, and I've got this mission, "The Perfect Prey." It has two steps:

1. Save the clone. Check. (It's marked as done)
2. Signal Steelhead forces with the smoke grenade.

Now, I have the smoke grenade. But, every time I use it it does NOT bring any steelhead forces to fetch the clone (as I witnessed in various fan videos of this mission).

I suspected this was a bug, but I was told that this is an in-game player strategy, not a gameplay issue.

Is there a trick other than "use the smoke grenade near the clone"?

What am I missing?

Comments

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    That one's one of the game's more frequently broken missions. Here's my advice on getting it working:

Go over to Lee Tosi. If the ambush triggers, kill them all. Then drop the smoke grenade.

If the ambush doesn't trigger, then you'll probably need a fresh copy of the zone. You can either try being on just after a server reset, or you can wait for enough cosmic hunters to go after Kigatilik to spawn a second copy of the zone; use the map interface to swap to the new zone number and try again.

If that -still- doesn't work (or if you just want something to try that doesn't require waiting around for other people)... maybe try dropping and re-accepting the mission? But I'm probably out of useful advice at that point.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I've noted that the trigger point is stupidly small, and that you might need to stand on it.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters