test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

underwhelmed and upset

I logged in expecting something good for the anniversary gift... another aura, same emblems as last few years, and the cat we got from the first rescue achievement.

vehicles in the weekly shop... a robot head and a cepter....

come on, recycling old crap and coming up with the most worthless stuff imaginable... is this a foreshadow of years to come?

why not give away a hideout or a freeform slot or something people actually WANT to make them stay around another year?
feels like Cryptic isn't even trying anymore.
Oh Atari how I miss you!

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Problem with hideouts is just how many people have the full set already since there haven't been any new ones made in years.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Spending some money makes me allways overwhelmed of joy and happy.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    A lot of people have every hideout and every variation of every hideout.
    Meanwhile, until this year's event no one has had the Bucket Head Robot costume piece or the Royal Scepter skin for their weapons.

So tell me again how your idea is so much better than what we were given?
    You are just trying to change out "things I don't want" for "things other people may well already have if they want it".
    That is not an upgrade.

Now if they could find it within themselves to maybe make the different variations of the various hideouts a part of the weekly rewards for 700-800 anniversary tokens each? Sure.

But if the choice is ever between "new things" and "old things", I will always vote for new things and hope that I might find some use for one or more of those things at some point, either for a character or a nemesis.

And if you (or anyone) really wants that hideout? It's available year-round in the C-Store.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Free stuff is always worth what you pay for it. Having to delete stuff from your inventory is the real reward though.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Problem with hideouts is just how many people have the full set already since there haven't been any new ones made in years.

I have all the hideouts...

Now, what they REALLY should do for gifts like that, is to make it so that the person that opens them can CHOOSE something from them. Thus, most people would benefit from them more. Or, at the very least, come up with new stuff to hand out as gifts.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    There's a heckuva lot more in the shop to buy that's new than just two costume items. There are a ton of costume options that aren't normally available, and people are definitely excited about them. The big draw of CO is costume customization -- and I don't find the new costume pieces boring at all.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    scildtrumascildtruma Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    They should give out LTS as a gift to all! …. Sarcasm. Best feature of this game is it offers something for every one IMHO. On top of that its possible to grind out just about anything you would want in Champs. In the end its a done deal and as it was pointed out already how dare they give any gifts at all. People do this on Christmas? Hey! this gift sucks! lol
    My lvl 40 champs in random order.

=Pieces of Stuff=Knock Dead=Cruel Yule=Cremator=Toys from the Attic=
    =Gnosis Arcanum=Twenty Seven=Kama D=Critic=Creep Freeze=
    =Mangled Man=G.I. John Doe=2D.=Lung the punch drunk monk=
    =By the sword=Scild Truma=Shadow Puppet=Lu-7=Erysichthon=
    =Nimravid=Buzzard Kill=Lorenzini=Schema=

• Options
    lan#8253 lan Posts: 34 Arc User
    Me Me Me Me! Meanwhile, kitties need saving!
  • Options
    jwilliamswku1jwilliamswku1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Best solution is like I have seen in other games is to just give a token where you can just go to the shop and get what you want, so if you have the old stuff you can choose the new stuff if you so desire, and if your new and want the old stuff you can do the same. Win/Win for everyone.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Guess what's for sale in the Event Store Now?

You guessed it - HIDEOUTS.

So the OP got his wish.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    /thread
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods