test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180613.1 - Costume Transformations

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2018 in PTS - The Archive
Costume Changes
We are introducing a new type of item, Costume Transformations! These items unlock costume transformation animations for your costume slots!
Once you have unlocked one, you can go into the tailor and choose what costume transformation you want a costume to use.
  • There is a new tab in the tailor for costume transformations, it is currently using a placeholder icon.
  • When you change to that costume your character will play an animation before changing to that costume.
  • Costume transformations will not play if you are in combat.
  • Costume transformations will not play if you are using the following travel powers: any tunneling travels, any swinging travels, Wild Speed, Scarab flight, Bat Flight, Shadow Skull Flight.
  • Costume transformations will not play if you are using the following powers: Vapor Form.
  • Costume transformations will not play if you are using any Become device.
  • Costume transformations bind to the character that unlocks them.
  • Once bound, that transformation is available for any of the costume slots on that character.
  • Some Costume Transformations may come bundled with an emote as well.
  • Known Issue: Sound has not been added to most of the transitions.

Lockbox
  • Added the following to the debugger store:
  • Power Strikes, Takeoff costume transformations.
  • Flex Low, Stylish Dance emotes.

Questionite Store
  • Added the following costume transformations: Magical Pose, Twirl, Whirl, Finger Snap, Howl, Spin, Electrical Storm.

GCR Store
  • Added the following costume transformations: Tech Wrist, Spellcast, Smokebomb.

Drifter
  • Added Flaming energy aura. This aura now has an updated look.

Tailor
  • The 4th color will now properly update on the character model when hovering over colors.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Well that's huge. Game is gonna be full of werewolves now :'3
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    so nothing will change, in other words, since the game already is​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Pretty excited about this! New character concepts from others!!
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    We've had changing with effect CCs before. This is gonna be nuts! =)
  • now we just need to wait for someone to head to PTS, grab gifs of all the animations and post them here for everyone else to see *hint hint*​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Tailor
    • The 4th color will now properly update on the character model when hovering over colors.

YAY~ \o/​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    To use the transformation stuff, you unlock it, choose one in your tailor, and that it. That costume slot, if switch outside, would perform the animation. Oh and half the of the transformation has an emote. Oh and Twirl is so Wonder Woman tier.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Spin and Tech Wrist seem to change the costume earlier than intended (before the flash).

Selecting the Transition tab also enlarges the Head tab, as if it were active.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Costume Changes
    Tailor
    ​​

Whilst I am very excited for the transformation option, I mostly can't believe I am reading this part.

It's... so beautiful... to finally see this come true... thank you!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Yay....a costume tailor option and it’s bound per character.

Of course.
    edited June 2018
    I am unable to find the Howl "Spin" transition in the tailor. Does not show up on the transitions tab despite unlocking.
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    This should be fun.
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • oh, and out of curiosity...is this costume transformation system going live with next week's patch or is it staying on PTS for a while?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    When activating the costume transition tab, the transition selection is reset to the saved option for costume you're editing.
    edited June 2018
    https://i.imgur.com/FXdTzz1.mp4
    Here is a preview of the Magical Pose and what it looks like when you change to a costume that has the selected animation.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    "Tailor

The 4th color will now properly update on the character model when hovering over colors.
    "

That to me is the best part of this update...do not get me wrong, the other things are nice also. Though, in my opinion, the transformations should be account unlocked once used...but, doubt that will happen.
  • somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    I am unable to find the Howl "Spin" transition in the tailor. Does not show up on the transitions tab despite unlocking.
    Found a few bugs as far as the unlocks go:

Roar, Spellcast, Takeoff, and Tech Wrist all say in the UI that they unlock the Spin Costume Transformation and Emote.

Roar doesn't unlock a Transformation. The Spellcast Emote is sorted between the LookOutKneel and Magical emotes for some reason. There is no Spin Emote that gets unlocked (although there's a Twirl and a Whirl). The Power Strikes emote is called Power_Pose. And I can't find whatever the Takeoff Emote is called.

Also, doing the Twirl Emote while flying (hovering in place anyhow) causes your upper half to spin in the air while your lower stays in place.

Finally, Dance_Stylish is AMAZING. Well done animator! Well done on all of these!
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Electrical Storm:
    221XFAH.gif
    Howl:
    VktpSwJ.gif
    Magical Pose:
    G4O9Wot.gif
    Smoke Bomb:
    eT0y0w2.gif
    Snap:
    ivnGSCn.gif
    Spellcast:
    N3OVpDt.gif
    Spin (buggy timing):
    AKWd3tA.gif
    Tech Wrist (buggy timing):
    UKfOKMw.gif
    Twirl:
    RbpCq44.gif
    Whirl:
    HA4ZoJC.gif
    Power Strikes:
    kjwuC6H.gif
    Takeoff:
    t55h0QT.gif
    Flex Low emote:
    pvGTSEY.gif
    Stylish Dance emote (loops):
    sTLxABd.gif
  • datuveedatuvee Posts: 4 Arc User
    These animations/transitions are great! One thing that I found a bit disappointing is that the transitions will not play if using a build swap method which can change your costume too - any possible way of having the transition play on a build swap as well?
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    *HENSHIN INTENSIFIES*

This is a neat feature. I'm also gonna need that Flex Low emote~
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

As far as I could tell...they are two seperate transformations? I do not remember seeing a single Howl Spin transition...
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Yeah, this is cool. I'm hoping to see more stuff like this!!!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yay....a costume tailor option and it’s bound per character.

Of course.
    I'm on the fence about this for a few reasons:

1. I don't care for character-bound cosmetic crap in general because it's typically a design decision influenced by guys in suits rather than game developers. I'm less likely to pursue such things for my main and tend to ignore them on alts completely. I'm not interested in repeat-farming this kind of crap for multiple characters.
    2. The questionite prices are a mixed bag. I'm really not sure why some are reasonably priced (50k) and I can see myself picking up one for my main. Meanwhile, another is priced at 250k. I could understand if the 250k one was account-bound or came bundled with something else, but as it stands now? Nah.
    3. The other varieties (c-store, drifter, and recog vender) don't seem to be in yet, so all I can do is hope they're reasonably priced as well.

I can get why they probably probably made them (and so many other things these days) character bound, though--some people are willing to go after these for multiple characters (instead of just having them be a once-off) and thus, it might keep the game funded, so there's that.

However...
    Tailor
    ​​
    THIS is a very welcome fix. Thank you!

- - -

Edit: Yeah the fact the animations don't fire when you change costumes via the role selection loadout thingies is kind of a big deal. I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses these to switch costumes.
    Post edited by aesica on
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    datuvee wrote: »
    These animations/transitions are great! One thing that I found a bit disappointing is that the transitions will not play if using a build swap method which can change your costume too - any possible way of having the transition play on a build swap as well?

This this this this this
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It's about friggin' time!
    Awesome!
    And:
    Takeoff costume transformations.

This needs Censored/Blurry/Pixelated Costume Pieces!.....
    davidcensored1.jpg
    ff_3797.jpg

65x39=.... :s

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Any chance we can port purchased costume sets to PTS?
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    <font color="#ff0000">Bug
    The Roar does not properly unlock as it doesn't show up in the scrolldown list, it instead unlocks Spin
    Capture.PNG

And Spin and Tech Wrist do not have proper switching times, immediately switches as soon as it's activated</font>
    Post edited by atlassarnosian on
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    And to give you guys a visual perspective on how far Takeoff actually takes you
    https://gyazo.com/8c9193c64a4c4f7c507dccd9d30709da
    Makes me wonder what the other person would see from up there. Must give a test on this
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Awesome news!!!
    I’ve been wishing for a feature like this for a while now, can’t wait to try them out! Great job and thank you, Devs! :+1:
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator

+1

+1

+1 seeing that this doesn't work on build swap just made this useless for me, no buy
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    This is pretty neat stuff I am excited for this update, thank you.

I wish it worked when swapping builds.

also I agree stop making everything character bound.

also since you're fixing tailor stuff related to colors, sometimes changing the color for something on the right arm or hand changes the color for the left one while u hover through the options, and sometimes even actually changes it when you select the color

also i apparently can't have a cloth space scoundrel glove with a metal glove on the other hand, it auto changes the scoundrel to metal ( this happens with other costumes not just scoundrel or whatever)

but again this is neat stuff ^_^ can't wait to try them all, thank you!

EDIT: fixed a typo
    Post edited by johnystelar1 on
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Any chance we can port purchased costume sets to PTS?

This really needs to be a thing.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    I know a dozen people that are going to go absolutely bananas for the costume transformation. I know I made an overly dramatic gasp when I first saw this topic.

Seriously though, stop it with the character bound stuff that only has a cosmetic effect. As was stated earlier, people aren't in to grinding a dozen times for the same things. It's already bad enough doing this with gear, we don't need it for these transformations or emotes. It gets confusing trying to remember which one of my toons has which emotes.

Also linking build tabs to the new costume transformation would likely make dozens upon dozens of people go bananas.

Recap: Make these account bound, not character bound. Let build tabs trigger the transformation animations. Stop it with the character bound emotes.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Cool feature, it's worthless for me but it's cool thing to have ingame ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    being character bound certainly doesnt help​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Increase the prices and make them acct bound.
  • How about a golden age costume transformation; you turn into a phone booth then step out of it in your other costume.
    I have to agree with everyone saying that these should change to account bound.

Especially since these are coming from GCR stores and Lockboxes.

If the concern is making money...couldn't these just be items in the Z Store?
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    And to give you guys a visual perspective on how far Takeoff actually takes you
    https://gyazo.com/8c9193c64a4c4f7c507dccd9d30709da
    Makes me wonder what the other person would see from up there. Must give a test on this

Well, I guess the idea is the character is changing outfits mid-flight, so it's either a) at some point the costume is changed in the middle or b) it's still the same costume until the toon lands (quite possible to reduce the resources used).
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User

+1
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Spin and Tech Wrist seem to change the costume earlier than intended (before the flash).

Selecting the Transition tab also enlarges the Head tab, as if it were active.

Whirl also seems to have this issue.
    Using costume transitions in midair/mid-jump will still attempt to play particle effects and stops aerial momentum.
    Takeoff seems to still try and play while flying on a hoverboard. Actually from what I'm seeing most transformation animations attempt to play while hoverboard is on (only does upper body animations)

Suggestions:
    • Can there please be demonstrations of these animations shown when selecting them in the tailor?
    • Can these animations be made optional? While stylish, many root you in place so they might be an issue if you're trying to travel somewhere.

These are super-cool. I think I might make a suggestions thread for more ideas.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

edited June 2018
    Something on the PTS has turned up Qwyjibo's thermostat.
    4UX80Sn.gif
  • Something on the PTS has turned up Qwyjibo's thermostat.
    4UX80Sn.gif

Drifter

Added Flaming energy aura. This aura now has an updated look.

maybe?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Make it so that bind to character transformations can be earned by grinding in game currency.

Make it so that an account wide option for each type is available in the Zen store (perhaps bundle a certain number together that can be bought at a discount).

Problems solved.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited June 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Make it so that bind to character transformations can be earned by grinding in game currency.

Make it so that an account wide option for each type is available in the Zen store (perhaps bundle a certain number together that can be bought at a discount).

Problems solved.

but you are forgetting one important thing....

No one cares about alts.
    Post edited by ealford1985 on
    Not sure if this is mentioned.....will there be a tailor cost for the change?
    edited June 2018
    0r0bpR8.jpg
    So what exactly is going on with the Ape in the PTS? He cover in fire auras. Here is Ape in a tanking position.

BsgCc1m.jpg
    From afar.
This discussion has been closed.