Single Pistol Ultimate: Lucky Shot

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
Lucky Shot
Munitions Ultimate
Uses the animation for Steady Shot
Charge time: 2 seconds
Single Target Ranged Damage

This power must be fully charged.
Each time you deal damage with this power you get a stack of Feeling Lucky, which increases your crit severity by X% and lasts 3 seconds.
Once you have 6 stacks of Feeling Lucky this power goes on cooldown.
If the Feeling Lucky buff runs out, this power goes on cooldown.
^ this power does not go on cooldown until one of those two conditions have been met.

This power does BIG DAMAGE \o3o/

Advantages:
Played Like A Damn Fiddle, 2 points: This power stuns targets.

Click Click Boom, 2 points: This power Knocks Back targets.

Comments

• *gif of Plankton saying "YES!"*

There's several single pistol animations in game already, you can see Primus soldiers use them during bursts. If devs were feeling lazy they could recycle these for a single pistol AT and this could be a great choice for an ultimate. The pistol powers enemies have but we don't are:

Soldier holds pistol with both hands and fires once.
    Soldier holds pistol with one hand and arm extended to charge the attack for a few seconds then fires once.
    Soldier holds pistol at hip height and fires once.
    Soldier holds pistol at hip height and fires multiple times.
    Soldier holds pistol at arm's length and fires multiple times (animation is similar to Gunslinger's Legacy but fires lasers so the recoil is more mild)
    Muzzle stroke melee strike. (could be a stun)
    And there's ASCII Oakley/Black Hat's attack with two pistols; a horse stance fire-at-the-feet Root i've dubbed "Dance Fool, Dance!" since that's what is said when they activate it.

I like your advantages but by default it should automatically knock back whatever target it hits to distinguish it from other munition powers. Your ultimate chould be what Execution Shot should have been; one meaty booming pistol shot what knocks enemies off their feet and does heavy damage.

How about this advantage:

I Aim With My Eye

This advantage would cause the bullet to strike multiple enemies in a line similar to the advantage Sniper Rifle has, and knock all of them back as well.

If it were up to me, i'd make the animation more like holding the pistol off to one side, hearing an audible hammer click-click then a point and fire with a single hand emitting a loud KABLOOEY sound. Most of dual pistol's gunshots sound like popcorn, Showdown (and Dance Fool Dance) actually do sound like a Western gunfight since it has ricochet noises, so in my opinion single pistol should be loud and explosive. Think hand cannon, not pea shooter.
  • Oh and I forgot to mention; since Watt Earp has Showdown for the ultimate, then if this AT had it's own sidekick, I think a homage to Dirty Harry would be a good choice and the "Feelin' Lucky" advantage would be canonical. B)
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Too many gun powers already.
    No thanks!
    o3o

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Too many gun powers already.
    No thanks!
    o3o

The only power with a single pistol is Steady Shot. ONE isn't "too many".
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Too many gun powers already.
    No thanks!
    o3o
    Single pistol powers, or better the LACK of them despite the requests over the years, would like to have a word with you, don't be so ignorant
    74a.png

YES PLEASE ಠωಠ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    I said "gun powers", not single pistol powers, don't be so not reading my post.

:dizzy:

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • I said "gun powers", not single pistol powers, don't be so not reading my post.

:dizzy:

Alright, then consider this:

The Unleashed archetype uses TWO swords. The Blade archetype uses ONE sword. The Gunslinger uses TWO pistols, so naturally, we should have an archetype that uses ONE pistol. The Blade archetype recently had a two-handed strike with a stun added, and we also received a new ultimate power for dual blades. Did you complain there were "too many blade powers" when either of these came out? :)

Also, my suggestion of recycling existing animations isn't something new; the devs made Showdown an ultimate when it was only available to cowboy robots before, and the stun strike that The Blade has was recycled from one of the two-handed staff animations, which you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqGQzLZNbQ

Your rebuttal?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited June 2018
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User

The Blade has was recycled from one of the two-handed staff animations

No Staff/Shield/Sonic powers
    No reworks to Might/Gadgets
    Too many things to remember...

Why you open these threads to make people suffer?

• Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, great minds discuss ideas.

I like the idea @spinnytop has and it suits the character I want to play so much but can't, due to the lack of fitting powers for him. I created this AT concept involving single pistol: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1208819/new-at-concept-the-fatalist

The thing I most desire from CO is to be able to create my detective hero. I can see it now; the devs would announce this new hybrid archetype of pistol and punches, and release a Neo Noir lockbox and costume set. The mods for single pistol would be called Hard Boiled and increase your single pistol power strength. I'd give him the Zoot hat, trenchcoat, revolver pistol skin, the Rainy Day aura + Soaked aura, and enjoy a wonderful homage to those pulp detective comics of the golden age, a genre which never gets enough love in any MMO.

HDM9cUa.jpg
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Remember, during the Munition Revamp DEVs stated they couldn't create single pistol powers for the time being because they lacked an animator (despite there are already existing ANIMATORS for single pistol in the code and used by the NPCs)

Now we DO HAVE an Animator, and he is stuck on making freaking MEME Dances froms 6-8 years ago instead of working on actual power animations​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • No I don't remember, do you have a link to the forum thread where the devs said that?

Your rebuttal?

First, Edd would never use language like that. Eddy, sure, but not Edd.

Second, I'm not a fan of munitions, and would like to see work on other things.

Finally, I was being a bit flip. ovo

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Finally, I was being a bit flip. ovo

People reacting way too seriously to offhanded flippancy? Never, not in these forums! :'3