test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Too many attempts"

so, if i happen to crash or log out in the champions game client, and try to log back in, i get this 'too many attempts' message forcing me to launch a new client, this didn't happen before until recently, any fix?

also, i know that sometimes when you crash you have to restart the game, and/or reset your IP or it wont connect, but this one's different.

happens when i log out too.

Comments

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    The ""too many attempts" error is an odd one. Usually I find it pops up when the game already thinks you're in-game and you're making an attempt to log in. If you've crashed recently and are receiving the error every time after, the culprit may be an instance of the game that failed to properly shut off or is having a hard time fully committing to seppuku, leaving you logged in. In this case, I recommend opening up the Task Manager and looking for a running program called GameClient and end the task. That should take care of any lingering CO instances and leave you free to relog on a fresh one.

You may get a validity check when you restart the launcher after forcefully ending CO like that. I usually take it only once per patch just to be sure and decline it every time after.

Another thing that you may want to look into are the Gameplay Proxy server options available on the launcher. Perhaps changing that may stabilize your connection and help with that error in case the cause I originally listed isn't the one you're having trouble with.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    @deadman20 thank you very much, that helped!

love the quote you use 'comitting to seppuku' lol