test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 5/17/2018

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2018 in Release Notes
Save the Earth/Nemesis
  • Removed the rock debris from Hurl. This should help with FPS drops when fighting Might nemesis minions.
  • Added Morning Star and Tech Bladed Wings costumes to the nemesis store.
  • Added a small delay to the additional mob spawns in the boss room. This should give players a bit of breathing room to deal with mobs.
  • The console completion method now has 1 extra step where you need to activate the sub (red, green, yellow, blue) consoles. This is just to make the Nemesis method the most straight forward method, where you have to go out of your way for the Core and Console completion methods.
  • Updated the look of the help manuals in the core room to make them a little more obvious. They can be identified as a screen with a ? on it.
  • Made the gravity flight effect a little more controllable around the reward circle.
  • Made it so all 6 consoles can be used to input the shutdown codes when you defeat your Nemesis (instead of just 1).
  • Fixed a bug where the Brainscrambler costume was unlocking the wrong weapon for gadgeteer powers.
  • Unfortunately we had some further issues with the cutscenes. These will definitely make an appearance when the alert comes around again.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the Shadow Destroyer trigger for the perks wasn't working properly.
  • Addressed an issue where some of the anchors Eidolon used for some of his attacks were not being utilized.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Save the Earth/Nemesis
    The console completion method now has 1 extra step where you need to activate the sub (red, green, yellow, blue) consoles. This is just to make the Nemesis method the most straight forward method, where you have to go out of your way for the Core and Console completion methods

Interesting... so we have to activate ALL consoles then? Since 1 person can handle 2 colored ones and 1 person per the black ones, another step which makes everyone able to do something seems good for this path.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    Save the Earth/Nemesis
    • Added a small delay to the additional mob spawns in the boss room. This should give players a bit of breathing room to deal with mobs.​​

Yea!
    [*] The console completion method now has 1 extra step where you need to activate the sub (red, green, yellow, blue) consoles. This is just to make the Nemesis method the most straight forward method, where you have to go out of your way for the Core and Console completion methods.
    ​​
    Boo.

I mean no one seems to want to use that method anyway, now even less so. Great.
    [*] Made the gravity flight effect a little more controllable around the reward circle.
    ​​
    Yea?

I mean do we ~need~ the stupid gravity effect?
    Misc
    • Fixed a bug where the Shadow Destroyer trigger for the perks wasn't working properly.
    ​​
    Yea.

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
    S P A C E
    THE FINAL FRONTIER!!!

*ahem* Anti-Gravity is always a thing in Space so I assume it's a yes to gravity.​​
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    And, as per what's on News, next week is OSV bonus week. 40% for tokens and free OSVs.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    This week Jaaz. ;)​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Boo.

Just advertise that you're forming a console group in zone or in theendgame, you'll find people willing to do it ^_^

Has anyone been brave enough to suggest it in chat at the start of a pugged alert?
    Oh wasn't there also a fix for how adds sometimes stop spawning?
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    Misc
    • Addressed an issue where some of the anchors Eidolon used for some of his attacks were not being utilized.
    ​​

Any chance we'll see a fix soon on his Red Orb phase bugging? The one where he often times attacks during Reds?
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Okay, all you early-adopter types, please choose, when this Alert has been out for a while, to be kind to noobs like me while we learn the ropes. That's one of the things that's kept me away from some of the other stuff - I like to wait until the bugs are pretty well ironed out, but then there are all those complaints about noobs who don't already know what to do. It's a bit offputting.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Posts: 405 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Boo.

Just advertise that you're forming a console group in zone or in theendgame, you'll find people willing to do it ^_^

Has anyone been brave enough to suggest it in chat at the start of a pugged alert?

I managed to once but the suggestion was ignored. Likewise I managed to suggest the core twice but it was also ignored. *shrugs* What you gonna do?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Since we post when they ninja change something that we are not happy with, I think it's fair to post when they ninja change something that is really good.

Poison and Bleed stacks now properly refresh without delay \o/

Tyvm devs
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    [*] Addressed an issue where some of the anchors Eidolon used for some of his attacks were not being utilized.
    ​​

Not sure what that means but I guess we'll see? Any news regarding the buffed resistance of the Green Orbs after the 4/12 patch? Is the change intended? Here are screenshots of combatlogs before and after the patch.

qhkn5eR.jpg
    Post edited by kamokami on
    I get the feeling Vixy wants to get that issue some attention o3o

jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, all you early-adopter types, please choose, when this Alert has been out for a while, to be kind to noobs like me while we learn the ropes. That's one of the things that's kept me away from some of the other stuff - I like to wait until the bugs are pretty well ironed out, but then there are all those complaints about noobs who don't already know what to do. It's a bit offputting.

Don't worry Jon, this update nerfed the alert into the ground and it's now one of the easiest custom alerts. You're basically joining a snore fest. Have fun! o/

Don't worry Jon, this update nerfed the alert into the ground and it's now one of the easiest custom alerts. You're basically joining a snore fest. Have fun! o/

Is this a joke?

I'm genuinely confused, is the slight pause mentioned in the patch notes the "nerf into the ground" you mean? That's the only thing I can see that would change difficulty...

In game as @forgemccain
  • pr0fp0ttspr0fp0tts Posts: 46 Arc User
    From what I've observed (which is minuscule as a sample size, I admit) if you found the alert easy before, it's easier now. If you found the alert impossible before, it still is. If you just about struggled through before, it'll be a welcome change.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

Is this a joke?

I'm genuinely confused, is the slight pause mentioned in the patch notes the "nerf into the ground" you mean? That's the only thing I can see that would change difficulty...

Spinny thinks Dark Souls is too easy, and likes to solo the QWZ.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I heard through the cosmic grapevine that he took out Thanos with a simple look.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited May 2018
    Spinny thinks Dark Souls is too easy, and likes to solo the QWZ.

Yeah I'm awesome! \o/
    I heard through the cosmic grapevine that he took out Thanos with a simple look.

It was a hug actually. The power of friendship! \o/
    Is this a joke?

It's amazing how a tiny delay can change things. In fact, my entire process of soloing in the QWZ on squishy toons is based on tiny delays!

It's amazing how a tiny delay can change things. In fact, my entire process of soloing in the QWZ on squishy toons is based on tiny delays!

Ah, okay so this was about QWZ

In game as @forgemccain

No. It was about the alert. There were no changes to QWZ in this patch.

Okay so a small time delay is a "nerf into the ground".

To each their own I suppose.

In game as @forgemccain
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

A large part of the difficulty of the alert was that the mooks didn't stay dead. Delaying their respawn does make it a lot easier to complete.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

A large part of the difficulty of the alert was that the mooks didn't stay dead. Delaying their respawn does make it a lot easier to complete.

I'm aware. not sure if "nerf into the ground* is appropriate but again ymmv

In game as @forgemccain