test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happend to the become items in the Z store?

ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
I was looking around for the become items, (on sale, yay!) for a new character I want to make, and I cant find them in the Z store anywhere. Where did they get moved to? Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    From the Patch Notes:
    All become devices have been removed from the store. They have been moved to the following locations:

Questionite Store: Black Talon, Leaderbot, Cybernetic Ninja (all variants).
    Drifter Store: Djinn (all variants), Lemurian Power Armor (all variants).
    Bloodmoon Event: Vampire, Werewolf (all variants). Will be available when the Bloodmoon event runs next.
    Nightmare Event: Chaos Demon (all variants). Will be available when the Nightmare event runs next.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1210792/release-notes-3-29-2018/p1
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    Ah hah,
    Yeah that explains it, I got lazy and havent read the patch notes.
    Thanks Finn!

Wonder why they did that?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    ragadolf wrote: »
    Ah hah,
    Yeah that explains it, I got lazy and havent read the patch notes.
    Thanks Finn!

Wonder why they did that?
    I'm guessing they weren't popular. I don't see them often, if at all.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I sometimes see them when people want powers like rez but don't want to waste a power on it. They take a become device that has the powers they need.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Like "Become Doomlord"? I've seen people use it in Cybermind. AFAIK it has worse stats than a regular hero though.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Yes, in Cybermind switching to a become device that has Rez or fighting the rest of the mission down a player the choice seems pretty obvious if you have the option. I've also used become devices for toons that used advanced builds, like one didn't have an offensive power till level 14, and while vehicles are better in the open world, you can't take them into indoor missions. Became devices are very weak but they're better than trying to defeat Kevin Poe with an energy builder.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I have a become doomlord I use for things that have a lockout and there is no one else on the team who can res(or if they are the ones who happen to fall) I never use it for more than the few seconds it takes to activate it and use the res ability then I promptly switch back to my regular build.

• Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    They aren't terrible for utility purposes and lower level content. Like if you're on a Support AT and need a little ooph. Of course become Celestial and Become Doomlord are the most popular because you rez with them. I actually like the Demon Become for really weak non-dps AT's that are flying solo. Become Werewolf isn't bad if don't mind melee. Oh yeah the Become Mummy Halloween device is actually not bad dps wise.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Become Lemurian power armor is a pretty good tanky ranged DPS thing to wear on squishy characters who need spot toughness, and ideal for a support character who lacks both damage and toughness, since it provides a decent amount of both.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    riverocean wrote: »
    Oh yeah the Become Mummy Halloween device is actually not bad dps wise.

that reminds me I have used the become mummy device on occasion because it has that scarab tunneling travel power which is handy for zipping quickly though indoor missions in westside.

• Options
    fahrin1fahrin1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Could someone explain a little bit about how these work, exactly? I get the concept, but I am unsure how many skills they actually have, how it works with the stats, and what each has.

I recently got a Become Security Process out of a lockbox, and don't know what kind of powers it has, specifically. It also seems that it is a female character when you use it, correct?
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    All of them have a set of powers.

Some have access to all powers at lower levels. Some get the rest at higher levels.

The powers always go into the same slot each time you activate it, unlike a vehicle, which always likes to randomly place them.

All of them disable your current travel power, although some TPs remain active for a few Becomes, which they shouldn't.

Some have a Toggle Form that you need to turn on. Otherwise, none of them disable your current Toggle Form.

Regardless of your stats, each Become has their own stats, that overrides yours.

None (that I'm aware of) of your specialties work while the Become is active.

In my opinion, the best one for regular play is the Command Leader Robot (or whatever exactly the name is). So few people know/knew how to properly use it for maximization. Such as, you can toggle the #4 and #6 PA powers and he will continue to fire his Energy builder, building energy from it. Additionally, you can toggle some of the powers on, then BLOCK, while the toggles will continue. THIS was why it was originally not given a passive as your Block was your defensive passive, in a way. Now, with Invuln, it is a very durable, moderate dps Become.

I use a keybind to toggle my block. This is still useful for this Become. What bugs me is that I can activate any toggle/power from this Become, straight up, even if I'm using my block toggle. In regular play, I can't do this with my characters actual PA toggles. Why?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    fahrin1fahrin1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hmm, thanks for the info.