test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Ideas for Stretchy Heroes

dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
So I know the chances of getting a powerset based on stretchy heroes is.. well... a stretch. So I was thinking about some ideas that CAN work, mostly through costumes and Travel Powers.

For starters, some new hand options could help with a "Stretchy Hero." Having Anvils, Mallets, Sledgehammers, and Claw Hammers with a "Skin" option could work to give the sense our characters are stretching their hands into these shapes for punching. Also a fat gut torso and waist piece would work well when a stretchy character is using the R.A.D. Sphere or Hyper Ball power to roll around.

As for travel powers, besides making a new version of the Snowball power, that can be colored to match either skin or our costumes, I was also thinking of a stretchy swing mechanic. Looking at "Chain Swing", and "Vine Swing", have a stretchy swing that covers the character's hand with a piece of the arm, and having a fist stretch out, like the chain stretches out, would work nice for a stretchy arm swing. Of course this would be difficult for colors, since our heroes have different skin colors, and costume colors. This would have to be the first Swing power that can be customized through the Tailor, like Hover Boards.

Another idea is to give us a Spring Coil leg and foot option, also with a skin material option. This could be used with Super Jump and Acrobatics. These are just some idea I had while bored at work, and thinking about the different Stretchy Heroes (Like Rubber Face and Long Arm of the Law) that are running around Millennium City. If anyone has any other ideas, or wants to chime in on the one I've had, let's hear them. Hopefully we can come up with some good stuff that Cryptic will implement.