test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Specializations Bug

luciphalaluciphala Posts: 8 Arc User
My Radiant AT has been severely bugged for around two months now. Currently, his specializations tree is stuck as follows:

Presence 10/10 (there are no points invested in this row, however)
Sentry 10/10 (points are invested normally)
Sentinel 1/10 (there are 6 points invested, however they cannot be removed or added and committed to)
Nothing in the top row

I have tried the "Remove All" button at Powerhouse Trainer, and nothing happens. I have used a RetCon on my character, and nothing happened. I really have no idea how to fix this issue. I figured I'd go ahead and make a thread to see if anybody else has had this issue, as I have not seen in reported yet. I have also sent a ticket to Cryptic and reported the bug via the in game features, but I have only received an email back stating they would look into it. Just in case it may have been forgotten, I hope Cryptic sees this thread because I really would like to be able to play my character as normal, as I have been unable to do so in a couple months now.

Comments

• Options
    https://prnt.sc/iu3rt4

I screenshotted the specialization tree and have attached a link for photo reference
  • Options
    Just converted my Gold Hexslinger AT to Silver, and now he has the same exact bug. I'm thinking the bug correlates with the conversion from a Gold Account to Silver Account now. Hope this info helps
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    I've had this bug but the Remove All or a retcon usually fixes it. Don't know why it isn't working for you.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    Using the Remove All costs 50g, double check to make sure you have this amount?​​
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Using the Remove All costs 50g, double check to make sure you have this amount?

As an aside to this, is it intended that using the "Remove All" button for Specs/Talents/etc. to cause the costs of undoing Powers and Advantages to skyrocket?​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kaizerin said:

Using the Remove All costs 50g, double check to make sure you have this amount?​​

I was able to farm up the 50g, and used the "Remove All" function with success. I am not sure why this didn't work when I had the free retcon, however. Also, I just found out that a third character, another AT, has also had his specializations bugged and I didn't even convert him. Does this mean I will have to spend 150g resources total in order to play my AT's correctly due to a bug in the system?
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    luciphala said:

kaizerin said:

I was able to farm up the 50g, and used the "Remove All" function with success. I am not sure why this didn't work when I had the free retcon, however. Also, I just found out that a third character, another AT, has also had his specializations bugged and I didn't even convert him. Does this mean I will have to spend 150g resources total in order to play my AT's correctly due to a bug in the system?
    The short answer - yes.

As someone who switches from Gold to Silver (and back) a few times a year, I can tell you this will happen each and every-time you go back to Silver from Gold status. I reported this bug about three years ago - and received no response. I brought it up again on the forums and so did some others - and no official response was ever posted.

I now only switch to Gold status when I have the itch to play my Freeforms. I don't convert any of my AT's to Gold - I leave them alone. So when I got back to Silver I don't have to fork over 50g per character (I have a lot of alts) to fix them. The powers-that-be don't really seem to have an interest in fixing a bug that makes it desirable to stop subscribing.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Surely having to pay 50g is only a kludgy workaround until this years-longstanding and well-known bug is fixed, right? Or is the penalty and confusing fix intentional?