test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20180320.1 - Item Tooltip Changes/Lots of Odds and Ends

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Well, I guess it is safe to say that the legion market is going to be dead with this update.

Going rate for stuff from drifter store is well under 10g/salvage; last I knew it's more in the 2-3 range, which means 250 salvage items would sell for 500-750.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I don't see why moving Legion drops from lockboxes to Drifter is bad.

I'd much rather be able to get the gear I want than hope for RNG not only to give me anything, but give me the exact Legion piece I have been needing.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2018

Well, I guess it is safe to say that the legion market is going to be dead with this update.

Going rate for stuff from drifter store is well under 10g/salvage; last I knew it's more in the 2-3 range, which means 250 salvage items would sell for 500-750.
    Unless they sell for more, of course. Legion gear has already seen a steep increase in the last little while and I doubt this change will make that any easier. I suspect the prices will be more 1000-1500G (some have already, very recently, increased to this range in the AH).

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I would have rathers it be questionite then drifter....or silver
  • Drifter salvage rate is about 3 to 4 per lockbox on average right? So 1500 Drifter for a full set of Legion would be 375 lockboxes at least (on average). I know players are getting other stuff in the meantime but... that's... um.

That said, I'm all for QoL improvements. Maybe some improvements to Become devices may make them more coveted?

There are also Drifter crates with 10 salvage each. Those significantly increase the rate of gaining salvage, and are often available for sale in the AH for Gs. It's possible to accumulate salvage without opening lockboxes at all.
    I counted those in the average. I tend to get 1 drifter per 10 lockboxes (your results may be different). Without drifter boxes the average is closer to high 2 to mid 3 range per lockbox.

kamokami said:

I don't see why moving Legion drops from lockboxes to Drifter is bad.

I'd much rather be able to get the gear I want than hope for RNG not only to give me anything, but give me the exact Legion piece I have been needing.

It's not bad. It's just pricey at 250 each. I can't ever see using the secondary items at the very least. Even if I were on a silver account I can't see buying my way into Legion if I knew anything about our endgame cosmic-hunting schedules.
    ADD Altaholic known as @Rejolt in game. I'm a dork, but hopefully a harmless one.

I imagine that's because those currencies are easier to acquire without spending money? They can already be used to acquire gear that's almost as good. And if you include GCR, you can get gear that's better for free.

I'd assume this update will make drifter salvage more useful and therefore more valuable. So I don't think that it will stay in the 2-3g range, unless that's offset by how much more supply we get of people acquiring salvage. In any case, I doubt it will settle at 10g over time.

I would have rathers it be questionite then drifter

Yup, much better idea...... depending on how much, ofc.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • noyjitatpwenoyjitatpwe Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Would be great if you updated stat tooltips on items and devices. To use something that says it gives 50 or even 100% resistance to all damage and find out it doesn't do anything remotely close to this is very misleading. Then again maybe I just don't understand cryptic core math.

I have to say I'm not a fan of splitting purple item special into two vouchers. I already absolutely hate this with gold foil because one of the gold foil specials (A) almost never drops. It's so priceless people aren't willing to sell them.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I don't see why Legion gear isn't a drop in the game. Or somehow picked up by actually playing the game instead of dumping buckets of money into loot boxes.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    Because F2P MMOs get their revenue from microtransactions and hence recurring sales. That's why certain stuff are in lockboxes.

At the very least the purpose of getting cosmic keys to random gamble for a legion drop will be replaced with an assured way of getting one.
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm actually indifferent to the growth/shrink device changes but I would like to add that melee areas on cosmics are too tight to begin with. Smaller (or normal) size characters get pushed around and that can create issues when DPS gets pushed into dino tail range or pushed out of melee range. I've had to actually stand on the shoulders of people (and they were large enough for me to do it) to keep in melee range.

I'm still trying to work out why some characters I can move through and others I can't. It seems to be a mostly melee problem.
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    nevyn34 said:

I'm still trying to work out why some characters I can move through and others I can't. It seems to be a mostly melee problem.

Character appearance does not change a character's collision box. A super tiny character using super-shrinker cannot move through any smaller a space than a normal character. Likewise, the most giant character ever, using a super-growth device, can still pass through a normal doorway.

You can move "through" a large toon, because you are passing through the visual part, but not the collision area.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    Ok, that makes sense. So the reason why I can crowd surf is because I'm standing on everyone's shoulders. :/
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)
    edited March 2018

Character appearance does not change a character's collision box.

Yes it does -- for example, in the Medusa fight it used to be that if Medusa was standing on a platform, her bombs spawned at a higher altitude. Using a short character in bestial stance, I had to jump to interact with the bombs. Change costumes to a taller costume with a human stance and I didn't. I've also seen this at Kigatilik, short characters can have line of sight problems hitting ice tombs on the tank.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It does, it most definately does, and huge characters using Magnifier are messing up the hitbox
    Yes it does -- for example, in the Medusa fight it used to be that if Medusa was standing on a platform, her bombs spawned at a higher altitude. Using a short character in bestial stance, I had to jump to interact with the bombs. Change costumes to a taller costume with a human stance and I didn't. I've also seen this at Kigatilik, short characters can have line of sight problems hitting ice tombs on the tank.
    this always annoyed me forcing me to jump with my short characters to pick up Medusa's bombs

and to add, short characters are forced to swim in maps/instances with flooded water (Like Sewers and Lemuria Invasion) they don't walk like normal sized characters​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    So who said it? roughbear or MG?
    -Biff-

These quote boxes are looking iffy...
    Note, however, that the collision box is not the same as the character model (you can walk through wings and tails just fine), nor is it the same as the selection area.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The new vehicle is amazing, I love the design, the animations and the sound effects (the short loop is awesome!).

I agree with the others though, the pink fog of doom seems a bit too excessive. I could turn it off by removing Postprocessing but it left the world looking like Qliphoth on steroids, so even that wasn't optimal.

I fear at the end of the day perhaps people will like the pink fog more as either an option- which I figure will not be easy to do unless you make two vehicles- or as a BoC aura that you can get, either for free by having the vehicle with you or as a purchaseable item unrelated to the vehicle.

Still, great job on this vehicle.

Yeah, I never said that.

zrdRBy8.png

Yeah, I never said that.

I do love the quoting system on these boards. You are, of course, correct, that was roughbearmattach.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Being small most certainly does change the size of your hit-box. My dwarf can run under terrain, and through gaps between characters that my big beefy characters never could. Mark my words, melee gnome-swarming is the future.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "Because F2P MMOs get their revenue from microtransactions and hence recurring sales. That's why certain stuff are in lockboxes."

Yes, letting people buy the gear instead of playing the game for it is super great for players. It doesn't cause any kind of issues at all that would make selling Legion for real money stupid. This is the part where I roll my eyes. You can't see it, but know that I'm doing it in your general direction.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    In reality, nobody is going to shell out "real money " for legion. This is a non issue. You need 25 crates for 1 piece of legion. If you just completely out of pocket wanted to buy legion via "real money" you'd be spending like $50 bucks. For legion.. It isn't even Legendary gear. Someone wants to keep the lights on CO by spending $50 for gear that is barely better than heroic gear, please do.

What is really going on here is that people who get lockboxes will feel less like drifter salvage is useless. Crates sell for like 50-75Gs now. So in short, what they are trying to do is increase the value of lockboxes so people will open lockboxes.

So basically:
    1. Costume pieces are now purple level drops from lockboxes now that legion is out. Costumes more widely available as you don't need a Legendary drop of the whole set. Just trade/buy the piece you want.
    2. Drifter Boxes are slightly more valuable.
    3. Legion prices on the Exchange will be more stable as you don't need a random drop of not only the Legion Pack, but you don't need a random drop of the specific legion gear someone would want (Legion Breastplate of Freedom... laaaaame).
    4. As in the past, Legion - being barely better than heroic gear - will still be seen as ''alt gear'' and thus nobody will spend "real money" on it.
    5. Whales will now have a ton of costume unlock packs to sell instead of legion gears.
    6. TL;DR - Nothing. Nothing will really happen from this.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

I fear at the end of the day perhaps people will like the pink fog more as either an option- which I figure will not be easy to do unless you make two vehicles- or as a BoC aura that you can get, either for free by having the vehicle with you or as a purchaseable item unrelated to the vehicle.

My advice is to have the Pink Aura work like the Flag Trailon the 4th of July jetbike: by default off, but can be turned on with alt-T.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    or make two versions.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User

My advice is to have the Pink Aura work like the Flag Trailon the 4th of July jetbike: by default off, but can be turned on with alt-T.
    Ah! I didn't know about that one. That should work yes.
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    I think the mag/mini update is necessary, as not everyone who plays has a rig that handles the strain well. It might have no effect on those who use these, but from personal experience, there is a noticeable lag in processing (especially when I still used only a duo core) particularly in MC when there are event battles going on.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    sterga said:

"Because F2P MMOs get their revenue from microtransactions and hence recurring sales. That's why certain stuff are in lockboxes."

Yes, letting people buy the gear instead of playing the game for it is super great for players. It doesn't cause any kind of issues at all that would make selling Legion for real money stupid. This is the part where I roll my eyes. You can't see it, but know that I'm doing it in your general direction.​​

Hahaha.

Look, don't get pissy with me because I've pointed out that certain things for a F2P games need to be monetized for the game service to be kept afloat and you feel the need to be offended by that. I know how you're adamant against investing money into the game. At one point in the past you've even referred to people who use their credit cards to spend money on the game as a "problem". You don't care paying for certain stuff, other people might, and money going into the game means we get to play the game as long as we're able to.

Please feel free to roll your eyes at my direction, because I'll be flashing my credit card at you and laughing in your direction.

EDIT: Alternative gear comparable to Legion is available for free right now anyway, but knowing your stance on that kind of gear on the other thread, I'm sure pointing this out is wasted effort.
    Post edited by jennymachx on
    Filthy silvers!
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User

EDIT: Alternative gear comparable to Legion is available for free right now anyway, but knowing your stance on that kind of gear on the other thread, I'm sure pointing this out is wasted effort.

Don't take me wrong here but when you put Gear behind payment the game can get a colorful mark labeled P2W (you can monetize auras/skins/clothes/pets/vehicles/etc but other thing is Gear with STATS that upgrades the toon) and when that happens the game is avoided like black plague.

But if you said we have alternatives for Legion gear then it's ok... but this alternative needs to be 1:1 like Justice Gear in every aspect.

Filthy silvers!

Have fun with us here... we are potentially buyers of some ZEN store thing, Gold Sub or LTS if we like the things.

But if you said we have alternatives for Legion gear then it's ok... but this alternative needs to be 1:1 like Justice Gear in every aspect.

How about alternatives that are straight up better? Any GCR gear is superior to Legion gear (Legion gear is marginally superior to Heroic).
  • sheridaaphroditesheridaaphrodite Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    -deleted-
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Umm, gear has been available in gamble boxes for quite a few years now, so P2W? A fair number of people are still here.

Don't take me wrong here but when you put Gear behind payment the game can get a colorful mark labeled P2W (you can monetize auras/skins/clothes/pets/vehicles/etc but other thing is Gear with STATS that upgrades the toon) and when that happens the game is avoided like black plague.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited March 2018

or make two versions.

Lockbox drops AND this new Drifter Store version :+1:

Filthy silvers!

Have fun with us here... we are potentially buyers of some ZEN store thing, Gold Sub or LTS if we like the things.

@ealford1985 was joking there.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    vonqball said:

Being small most certainly does change the size of your hit-box. My dwarf can run under terrain, and through gaps between characters that my big beefy characters never could. Mark my words, melee gnome-swarming is the future.

I have a toon with outfits at both the maximum height and the minimum height that you can make them in the tailor. when I use the small outfit I still have to fly nearly to the ground to get through doorways when nothing is blocking me.

And the whole Magnifier/Shrinker thing is null when you're talking about combat, considering from the very moment you're attacked by anything, the devices turn off and turn you to your unaltered height.
  • kharagorkharagor Posts: 3 Arc User
    At least add some kind of Not-So-Super magnifier that just gives a small growth increase to essentially mimic the effect of having the shrinker and magnifier on at once.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    kharagor said:

At least add some kind of Not-So-Super magnifier that just gives a small growth increase to essentially mimic the effect of having the shrinker and magnifier on at once.

*Sings* Giant Growth Aura~ :3
    Do It!
    (For those that don't remember[care/realize] me making this suggestion months ago, it's basically trade [As in cannot stack with while Aura is slotted] Giant Growth from Enrage and apply it to an Aura, 1 per character, to the equivalent to 8 stacks of Enrage.)
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User

We already have enough freeloaders with Q farms in the game, as it is... Just the other day i saw a guy bragging how he can make 2k zen/day just from freeloading on his LTS Q farm.

No, thanks!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Bug:
    Deep Wounds does not appear to be honoring bleed stacks now and will only recognize one of them.

Combat Log Numbers;

[16:34] [Combat (Self)] Your Bleeding deals 589 (647) Slashing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.

[16:34] [Combat (Self)] Your Deep Wound deals 460 (483) Slashing Damage to Regenerating Test Dummy B.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    kharagor said:

That would probably sell well
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Still no word on how Magnifier stacking impacts the game? Is it really that bad?

Maybe we should default everyone's character into a gray blob. That way game performance would increase even more

They technically don’t have to.
    edited March 2018

We already have enough freeloaders with Q farms in the game, as it is... Just the other day i saw a guy bragging how he can make 2k zen/day just from freeloading on his LTS Q farm.

No, thanks!

That's a seperate issue. Don't believe every bs brag you hear.
    zrdRBy8.png

Hm. Figure a Q exchange rate of 450, so that's 900kQ per day. At a refining rate of 16k/day, that's 56 characters all hitting the daily max. Somehow I don't think so.
    So the same person freeloading for Q can convert to zen and sell keys to buy drifter...or sell Q items.

Nothing changes said persons scam.

Let’s worry about us and not the dishonest people, leave that to whoever made these design flaws (if there is one)
  • ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    edited March 2018
    lezard21 said:

Still no word on how Magnifier stacking impacts the game? Is it really that bad?

Yeah I'm still waiting for my question on that to be answered.

Somebody suggested a midway Magnifier between stupid huge and regular character height...Yes please. Add such a thing.

|| Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Which is more than they are currently going for.
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User

lezard21 said:

Somebody suggested a midway Magnifier between stupid huge and regular character height...Yes please. Add such a thing.

I still don't want the combination of Mag/shrinker being messed with. Though I would be happy enough to with a single device that accomplishes the same effect.

Which I believe is totally possible since you made that vehicle effect a toggle so quickly. :D
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Hm. Figure a Q exchange rate of 450, so that's 900kQ per day. At a refining rate of 16k/day, that's 56 characters all hitting the daily max. Somehow I don't think so.
    hm....how long on avergae would you say it would take a ltser to hit 16k Q on one character? Cause, if it is at least 30 minutes, than, yeah, the guy was obviously lying. Unless he was doing it through other means.
  • thereldinthereldin Posts: 50 Arc User

lezard21 said:

I still don't want the combination of Mag/shrinker being messed with. Though I would be happy enough to with a single device that accomplishes the same effect.

Which I believe is totally possible since you made that vehicle effect a toggle so quickly. :D
    I absolutely don't want a single use of mag/shrinker to be messed with since it screws with my main character I had since beta that I was very much happy with when he could get a head taller with that combo.

The whole mag/shrinker thing should be changed to only being allowed to use one of each type at a time rather than one type of size item at a time.
This discussion has been closed.