test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best rotation for archery deeps?

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
I should just probably parse this out myself... but, does anyone know (offhand) the best rotation for squeezing damage out of archery?

This doesn't have to be archery only, and can include grenades and other buffs/debuffs/setup powers.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Well, Frag Nade can give you the debuff for Piercing at least (and add decent DoT dmg). I think the highest was using Explosive Arrow taps after each timed explosion, and otherwise filling time w/ Snap Shot w/ Straight Shot's debuff. But its been a while since I parsed all the diff permutations.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Thanks Mr. Cyto, This seems about right to me. Gives my lazy **** a starting point to do some parsing.
    edited February 2018
    Well, w/ Archery not being revamped yet, I can at least dive into my old powers spreadsheet to get the base numbers to compare:

Straight Shot: 256(tap)/243(charged) dps (not counting debuff)
    Snap Shot: 302 dps (non-execute territory)
    Sonic Arrow: 256/243 dps (not counting DD adv)
    Taser Arrow: 160/201 dps
    Torrent of Arrows: 239/199 burst dps
    Storm of Arrows: 227 avg uptime dps
    Focused Shot: 189 dps (<- lol)

for ref: common energy builder is ~70-100 dps; old TGM was ~400 dps (not counting the 10% -resist)

Now, power activation delay will hurt Snap Shot spam the most, but comparatively its still prob the best option for Archery's single-target atm (outside of universally weaving in Explosive taps)- as far as base dps numbers at least.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Keep in mind that Straight Shot not only has its debuff, but it can also gain the most benefits from being combined with spec trees like Guardian and Avenger since it counts as a blast. Avenger Mastery can be used to make it a pretty nice sudden spike attack with the halved charge time.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Yea, high crit setups may be able to do better w/ Avenger Mastery and Straight Shot. Could also use Storm of Arrows to proc RA, though that can make the rotation a bit messy if also using Snap Shot and Explosive Arrow.
    edited February 2018
    Thanks guys, some useful info and ideas here.

I'm thinking of Int PSS, and Dex SSS. Stacking up dex and using chilled form. With the int spec that boosts SSS effects, that should give a hefty crit chance. Ofc, taking that route means I lose out on the sev and defense specs from Ego mastery. But, it seems like that setup would work well with Quarry.
    edited February 2018
    Yea that can work, since DVuln can also boost dps a bit on targets w/ resist. EGO/Int/Con with an Int focus (and 3/3 in 6th Sense) can also be fine for Quarry setups, though I'd prob still use Targeting Comp as the passive (and then Int doens't really have to be a focus- or even an SS). EGO/Dex/Con with TC and Hunter's Instinct is prob what I'd do normally for Archery dps atm.
    Actually... that sounds pretty good. If I'm spamming straight shot and snap shot, energy isn't going to be a huge issue. And cooldown reduction isn't particularly needed either. So, Int as a SS hardly seems necessary.

Extra crit from TC looks to synergize well with avenger mastery too.

I suspect that setup would have a bit more punch than what I had in mind... And since I'm starting with a sub-par powerset, I might as well squeeze out as much damage as possible.
    Yea, energy kinda just depends on gear and stat level, so I'd just test various setups out in the PH to make sure you don't have to end build usually.