test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cosmic Question

I know that AoE's can be a lot of trouble at cosmic fights, but I want to know if that's true of every AoE. Naturally, no cones or cylinders.

Are the small-area targeted powers a problem? If you use Sonic Arrow (10-ft sphere) does that hit inside the cosmic's body area or does the AoE change to hit an area around the cosmic? I was also wondering about Condemn (8-ft sphere on tap), since it can be used with Life Essence, though I have my doubts that many healers stay within 50 feet of a cosmic.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Most AoEs can be used safely, it's just a matter of being careful. The size of an AoE does not vary with target size.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    As long as you know where to stand and aim, cylinders are just fine. Sometimes you'll see someone at kiga (clearly frustrated) yelling "No AoEs" but as Panta says, most of them are quite fine.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    The radial aoes are the safest aoes to use. If you're hitting a heart with one of them, then Ape is terribly positioned and hearts are spawning in his butt.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Generally, use AoEs.

When fighting Qwijy, you have to position the AoE to that it doesn't hit a heart, and that is tough with some of the biggest ones , like a 100' cone. Generally, though, you can use them if careful.

Versus Kiga or Dino, AoE to your heart's content. I like to use an AoE to hit ice tombs and Kiga simultaneously.

When fighting Eidolon, you have to be sure an AoE does not hear the wrong red orb when they are being CCed, but otherwise AoEs are quite useful in that fight.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

When fighting Eidolon, you have to be sure an AoE does not hear the wrong red orb when they are being CCed

Actually, hitting multiple orbs is not a problem if they're being stunned. You should focus on whichever is the current target because that minimizes damage taken, but getting a head start on the next orb is perfectly useful.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Thanks!
  • skippercusskippercus Posts: 2 Arc User
    What about the use of ball lightning? How would this work in fighting Qwyjibo?
    skippercus wrote: »
    Ball lightning moves from its caster to your target and won't go rogue unless its target dies, so it's fine at ape as long as the path between caster and target is clear of hearts (it's a problem when killing dogs in phase 1 of Kigatilik. Also, note that the Teleios lightning rod is not the same as ball lightning, and should not be used at Qwyjibo).
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    skippercus wrote: »
    Ball lightning moves from its caster to your target and won't go rogue unless its target dies, so it's fine at ape as long as the path between caster and target is clear of hearts (it's a problem when killing dogs in phase 1 of Kigatilik. Also, note that the Teleios lightning rod is not the same as ball lightning, and should not be used at Qwyjibo).

Why is that?​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    warcanch wrote: »
    Why is that?​​
    Because it acts like an uncontrollable pet and goes after random things.
  • fermifermi Posts: 117 Arc User
    Versus Kiga or Dino, AoE to your heart's content. I like to use an AoE to hit ice tombs and Kiga simultaneously.

In SOME Dino fights, it can be a problem if Baby keeps getting killed. It's not usually an issue with AoEs, but as someone with eye beams I try to always find an angle to avoid it.