test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Healer Builds

Comments

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    I'd recommend giving notice to Ego Primary on a healer setup. It can do incredibly well and provides much more Critical capability than Presence Primary, which can in turn provide additional healing. Presence being your secondary also allows Ego Primary specs to increase Defense significantly. You still of course invest gear/mods into Presence, but I've been finding Ego Primary's specs to be very useful all around on a Healer.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • My fav thread right here changing to DPS/healer brought the fun back for me as just DPS was a little repetitive. So Deadman interesting comments
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    kamokami said:

blockwave said:

Kinda wondering about a Healer Munitions Toon

Certainly doable. The guidelines that many of the Healer/DPS builds follow are essentially:
    - Use strong single target heals for emergency situations
    - Have Sentinel Mastery
    - Use in-set AoE heals to deal damage and heal yourself+the group at the same time

This last point of "deal damage and heal at the same time", instead of swapping between one and the other is what sets these builds apart in terms of mechanics from just any other healer that has an attack.

Munitions doesn't have in-set AoE heals so I didn't prioritize it for this thread, but I will dig some more and see if I can come up with anything non-obvious (i.e. Iniquity+any AoE heal+2gun).
    Munitions can work with Arbiter and Bullet Beatdown (sigh... Bullet Ballade)

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Blazing (Ego: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Command Training (Int: 3, Ego: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 3)
    Level 9: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger (advantages)
    Level 1: Bullet Hail (Aggression, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 6: Killer Instinct
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Compassion (advantages)
    Level 14: Pillar of Poz (Rank 2, Dizzying Impact)
    Level 17: Bullet Ballet (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Vala's Light (Rank 2, Light Everlasting)
    Level 26: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 29: Resurgence (advantages)
    Level 32: Electric Sheath (Rank 2, Matter – Energy Union)
    Level 35: Mind Wipe (advantages)
    Level 38: Thundering Return (advantages)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Mental Endurance (1/3)
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Aggression (2/2)
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Sentry: Precise (3/3)
    Sentry: Fortify (2/2)
    Sentry: Reinforce (2/2)
    Arbiter: Enforcer (3/3)
    Arbiter: Ruthless (1/2)
    Arbiter: Rend (2/2)
    Arbiter: Honor (2/2)
    Arbiter: Preservation (2/2)
    Mastery: Arbiter Mastery (1/1)
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Update time! Added Crowd Control Healer section and 2 new builds. They are below and in the OP.

CROWD CONTROL HEALER
    This section contains crowd control healer builds that are able to solo crowd control the Kigatilik, Qwyjibo, and Eidolon fights while remaining capable of solo healing endgame encounters.

The suggested gear used by all of these builds is the same: 2X Sentinel Brooches in primary Utility slots with stat mods being PRE. If you want to boost your control duration and aura bonus further you can also slot in 2X Growth Mods into your primary offense. For even longer control duration you can take a cosmic secondary offense+rank5 superstat core and a cosmic secondary utility+rank5 control core.

Note regarding viability at Eidolon:
    The crowd control targets at Eido, Shadow Crystals, can often spawn far apart from each other and 1 or 2 seconds of them healing Eidolon is very substantial. So effectively crowd controlling this fight is generally more demanding of the player and the build than other encounters. The key requirement is the ability to quickly stun all crystals, which necessitates having access to a ranged stun-on-tap for each of the 3 crystals. See the Eidolon section specified under Crowd Control Rotation for a sense of how this plays out.

If you do not need your build to be Edio-viable then you won't need any of the stuns. As long as you have a long-range hold, such as [Psionic Accelerator], for Qwyjibo hearts and you retain Ego Sleep + your paralyze hold to use as a bridge between sleeping Kigatilik's dogs, you can still be an effective crowd controller for those encounters. With enough PRE, you can also use Compassion instead of Manipulator.

AoPM Control Healer
    Highlights:
    Great single-target and AoE heals from Arcane Vitality, Sentinel Mastery, Iniquity, and Dependency (applied by Telekinetic Barrage). Able to solo CC all of the fights + solo heal Dino, Qwy, Kiga, and Teleios Ascendant.

Healing Rotation:
    3x Arcane Vitality -> Telekinetic Barrage (apply Dependency, Sentinel Mastery) -> 3x Arcane Vitality -> Telekinetic Barrage -> 3x Arcane Vitality...etc.
    use Iniquity on the Tanks when they get low

Crowd Control Rotation:
    Kigatilik:
    1. once puller gets the dogs in position, fully charge Ego Sleep at the center-most dog ->
    2. once dog gets down to 6-8 seconds of sleep left, fully charge Grasping Shadows at the center-most dog ->
    3. once the paralyze from Grasping Shadows is down to 8 secs left, fully charge Ego Sleep at the center-most dog ->
    4. go back to step 2. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until Kigatilik is down.

Qwyjibo:
    - quickly sleep 1 heart and paralyze the other 2 hearts by aiming the [Psionic Accelerator] device at Ape so that it hits 2 hearts at the same time. Then go around and sleep the hearts you paralyzed: IMG LINK
    - if you don't have a [Psionic Accelerator], sleep the nearby heart and use Telekinetic Barrage to stun the ones far away. Then go around and sleep the 2 hearts you stunned.

Eidolon:
    Shadow Crystals can spawn in a variety of positions relative to each other. They're up for 30 seconds.
    1. Two Crystals are near each other and one is far away:
    ->run over to the two that are near each other and use Telekinetic Maelstrom to stun both at the same time
    ->target the red Crystal that's far away and use Telekinetic Barrage on it

2. All three Crystals are near each other:
    ->run to the mid-point between them and use Telekinetic Maelstrom to stun all of them at the same time

3. All three Crystals are far apart:
    ->use Telekinetic Barrage on each one. Make sure you are maintaining uptime on your Ego Leech stacks to ensure that the Crystals get stunned quickly

You need to be ready to re-hold all 3 Crystals, since your stuns don't last longer than the Crystals do. If people are attacking the Crystals, you will need to use stuns since they don't break on damage. If no one is attacking the Crystals you can use a paralyze for your 2nd round of holds.

Healer CCer AoPM - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats: PRE, Con, Dex

Talents
    (Split between on PRE/Con/Rec. Click the build link to see)

Powers
    1: Radiance (advantages)
    1: Conviction (Reverence)
    6: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    11: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    14: Redemption (Salvation)
    17: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Gifts of the Storm)
    20: Aurora (advantages)
    23: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    26: Telekinetic Barrage (Dazzle, Instill Doubt)
    29: Manipulator (advantages)
    32: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Expansive Intellect)
    35: Grasping Shadows (advantages)
    38: Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Dominion (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Stalling Tactics (3/3)
    Sentry: Reinforce (1/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

AoAC Crowd Control Healer
    Highlights:
    Great single-target and AoE heals from Vala's Light, Sentinel Mastery, Iniquity. Able to solo CC all of the fights + solo heal Dino, Qwy, Kiga, and Teleios Ascendant.

Gear Requirement:
    100ft range Attack Device to pair with the power Sonic Device. There are a lot of these that cost between 10g-100g. Should be easy to get.

Healing Rotation:
    Vala's Light -> Electrical Current (apply Sentinel Mastery) -> Vala's Light -> Electrical Current -> Vala's Light...etc.
    use Iniquity on the Tanks when they get low

Crowd Control Rotation:
    Kigatilik:
    1. once puller gets the dogs in position, fully charge Ego Sleep at the center-most dog ->
    2. once dog gets down to 6-8 seconds of sleep left, fully charge Grasping Shadows at the center-most dog ->
    3. once the paralyze from Grasping Shadows is down to 8 secs left, fully charge Ego Sleep at the center-most dog ->
    4. go back to step 2. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until Kigatilik is down.

Qwyjibo:
    - quickly sleep 1 heart and paralyze the other 2 hearts by aiming the [Psionic Accelerator] device at Ape so that it hits 2 hearts at the same time. Then go around and sleep the hearts you paralyzed: IMG LINK

- if you don't have a [Psionic Accelerator], sleep the nearby heart, use Electrical Current to stun the second heart, and use your 100ft Attack Device paired with Sonic Device to stun the far away heart. Then go around and sleep the 2 hearts you stunned.

Eidolon:
    Shadow Crystals can spawn in a variety of positions relative to each other. They're up for 30 seconds.
    1. Two Crystals are near each other and one is far away:
    ->run over to the two that are near each other and use Electrical Current to stun both at the same time
    ->target the red Crystal that's far away and use your 100ft Attack Device paired with Sonic Device to stun it

2. All three Crystals are near each other:
    ->aim and use Electrical Current to stun all of them at the same time

3. All three Crystals are far apart:
    ->use Electrical Current on the Crystal closest to you.
    ->Lightning Strike lunge at the next Crystal.
    ->use your 100ft Attack Device paired with Sonic Device to stun the farthest away Crystal.

You need to be ready to re-hold all 3 Crystals, since your stuns don't last longer than the Crystals do. If people are attacking the Crystals, you will need to use stuns since they don't break on damage. If no one is attacking the Crystals you can use a paralyze for your 2nd round of holds.

Healer CCer AoAC - Freeform
    v2.4.2-29

Super Stats: PRE, Con, Rec

Talents
    (Split between on PRE/Con/Rec. Click the build link to see)

Powers
    1: Radiance (advantages)
    1: Conviction (advantages)
    8: Aura of Arcane Clarity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    11: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    14: Redemption (Salvation)
    17: Lightning Strike (Rank 2)
    20: Thundering Return (advantages)
    23: Vala's Light (Rank 2, Light Everlasting)
    26: Sonic Device (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    29: Manipulator (advantages)
    32: Electrical Current (Bad Wiring, Unlimited Power!)
    35: Grasping Shadows (advantages)
    38: Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
    Presence: Dominion (2/2)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
    Sentry: Stalling Tactics (3/3)
    Sentry: Reinforce (1/2)
    Post edited by kamokami on
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Aye, quite nice work so far on the new builds and advice *thumbsup*
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Wait a minute, I thought Become Doomlord no longer had a rez on it. I remember that back when that patch hit, a lot of people were upset since Doomlord can be obtained with Q. Celestial still does have a rez (I have one to verify).
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Doomlord still has a rez on it, but the rez does damage

zamuelpwe said:

Wait a minute, I thought Become Doomlord no longer had a rez on it. I remember that back when that patch hit, a lot of people were upset since Doomlord can be obtained with Q. Celestial still does have a rez (I have one to verify).

Still has the rez.
    flowcyto said:

Aye, quite nice work so far on the new builds and advice *thumbsup*

Thanks!
  • deadman20 said:

I'd recommend giving notice to Ego Primary on a healer setup. It can do incredibly well and provides much more Critical capability than Presence Primary, which can in turn provide additional healing. Presence being your secondary also allows Ego Primary specs to increase Defense significantly. You still of course invest gear/mods into Presence, but I've been finding Ego Primary's specs to be very useful all around on a Healer.​​

What SS have you used to increase Ego?

• using the TK Ranged Healer/DPS dual passive builds which has been fantastic. Thinking of using Seraphim as a single passive but what would be a good power to get instead of ego form?
    Also other than getting presence or con mods, what other mods/core would be useful? Would getting a TK % increase be worth it.
    Also if I wanted a device that would give a attack power that I can use for DPS check or when I wana increase my dmg what do you all recommend

using the TK Ranged Healer/DPS dual passive builds which has been fantastic.

Awesome! Glad you like it.

Thinking of using Seraphim as a single passive but what would be a good power to get instead of ego form?

I suggest Ascension for an easy swap that's both useful in your role as a healer and your role as a dps.

Also other than getting presence or con mods, what other mods/core would be useful? Would getting a TK % increase be worth it.

Primary Cores:
    Primary offense - 2x Sentinel Brooches
    Primary defense - Growth or Impact...it doesn't matter much
    Primary util - Gambler + Medusa's Presemce

Secondaries:
    Sec Off - Cosmic Fang of Wrath + r5 healing Core
    Sec Def - Determination or OV gear
    Sec Util - Determination or OV gear

Also if I wanted a device that would give a attack power that I can use for DPS check or when I wana increase my dmg what do you all recommend

Psionic Accelerator
    Shattering Rain
    Archer's Memory
  • patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    I'm currently leveling a TK blades toon that I hope to retcon into the dps/healer build given here. One of the things that has kept me from playing healer/support toons in the past is that I find it hard to switch targets easily in combat when I need to apply targeted heals or shields.

Is there a bind that would allow me to target and heal/buff teammates with a keypress? Something like pressing numpad 2 targets player 2 in the team window and applies Iniquity/whatever? I've searched sporadically through the massive Binds FAQ thread and haven't found it. Having a series of binds would make this much more appealing.

Any information would be fantastic, thanks!
    edited April 2018

I'm currently leveling a TK blades toon that I hope to retcon into the dps/healer build given here. One of the things that has kept me from playing healer/support toons in the past is that I find it hard to switch targets easily in combat when I need to apply targeted heals or shields.

Is there a bind that would allow me to target and heal/buff teammates with a keypress? Something like pressing numpad 2 targets player 2 in the team window and applies Iniquity/whatever? I've searched sporadically through the massive Binds FAQ thread and haven't found it. Having a series of binds would make this much more appealing.

Any information would be fantastic, thanks!

The command to target your first teammate is:
    /target teammate 1

The command to activate the power in the top leftmost corner of your power tray is: (assuming that's where your Iniquity is)
    /powertrayexec 7

To combine the two commands and bind them to let's say the "numpad1" key:
    /bind numpad1 "target teammate 1 $$ +powertrayexec 7"

This works fine for regular teams, but for open mission teamups such as cosmics it unfortunately does not. That includes alerts.

To be able to DPS and Heal at the same time without switching targets at Cosmics you need to adjust your Settings to match those specified in the first post of this thread. See the section titled "Control Settings for Healers".
  • When using Mental Storm to apply Sentinel master is it best for a full charge of tap?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

When using Mental Storm to apply Sentinel master is it best for a full charge of tap?

Tap if that's all you're wanting to do. Full charge is for when you want to hold them.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    kamokami wrote: »
    CONTROL SETTINGS FOR HEALERS: (also in the OP)
    Options -> Controls Tab -> Scroll to near the bottom just above the targeting distance slider -> Match your settings to those below.

This will allow you to use an attack power while targeting a friendly player without changing the target...makes DPSing as a healer or even just using powers such as Mind Drain, Life Drain, or Life Essence much easier. "Assist target on attack" allows you to target an enemy, such as Dino, and when you use a Healing power, like Iniquity, to automatically heal that enemy's target.

This is why I target Dino and not Baby when I'm Baby Tanking. In case the player healing me is a Life Drain healer. Plus, my Baby Tank has the "Melee can ignore" selected so I can still do melee attacks on Baby while targeting Dino.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Hey Vixy, I'm currently working on a character project that is going to have 2-3 fully ranked Support passives in order to switch on demand in cosmics

Going with Iniquity, Conviction, Life Essence, Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Gifts of the Storm), Will-o'-the-Wisp, Ressurection power combo

Can you tell me which powers are skippable and which passives shoudl i focus on?

From the people I talked ingame i was suggested Ebon Destruction and Medical Nanities
    Arcane Clarity and Ebon Destruction can bring even DPS results

I know Primal Majesty is too popular so I'm skipping it​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    AoAC, AoRP, AoED are the best choices if you don’t want aopm, this would make you able to fill auras very well, nanites is meh,

blockwave wrote: »
    nanites is meh,
    From my experience, Medical Nanities are amazing in an AoE Healer, the extra defense resistance is also a bonus so I won't be hasty to decline it

Aura of Radiant Protection is also very popular in cosmics so that why i haven't mention it​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    blockwave said:

nanites is meh,

Nanites is great at Kigatilik and mostly pointless elsewhere.
    edited April 2018
    avianos said:

Hey Vixy, I'm currently working on a character project that is going to have 2-3 fully ranked Support passives in order to switch on demand in cosmics

Going with Iniquity, Conviction, Life Essence, Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Gifts of the Storm), Will-o'-the-Wisp, Ressurection power combo

Can you tell me which powers are skippable and which passives should I focus on?

If going with multiple passives, I suggest making sure that the passives are as different as possible in terms of their effect. So for example, I would not take both AoRP and Nanites since both of those passives improve the group's survival. I'd take one Damage Support passive and one Survival Support passive.

Rather than choosing passives, I would choose the intended effects first and then pick a combination of passives that provide those effects. With that in mind here are the effects I've observed from each passive.

Survival Support passives:
    AoRP - the strongest one for increasing survival rate of the group. Great in fights with large death counts or where dying is highly consequential. These include Kiga and Eido. Also good for newer tanks at Dino. Not a critical need anywhere. Generally the last Aura you want present in the group after there is already AoPM, AoAC, AoED.

Nanites - highest amount of AoE healing. Great at Eido Red phase and Kiga storms. Not a critical need anywhere. Most useful when every other Aura is present including AoRP.

AoPM - significantly increases the survival level of the group. Great in all fights. Critically needed at all Eidos and Dinos. Directly increases Tank threat by buffing their SS. The very first Aura you want present in the group because it also buffs the other auras present.

Damage Support passives:
    AoED - the best overall damage boosting passive for most players. When a large Dino run with many players is missing checks there is nothing better than an AoED buff to tip the scales. Great in fights with a lot of new DPS players. Critically needed for large Dino runs. Usually 2nd Aura you want present in the group after AoPM is already there.

AoAC - the best passive for making DPS checks and buffing high-end DPS. When a small late-night Dino run needs a bit of extra damage during checks, AoAC is the best option. At Eido, missing checks is very costly so AoAC is vital here as it ensures that Ultimates, Active Offense, Devices, and even an extra hit are all available during checks. Critically needed at Eido and small Dino runs. At Eido and small Dinos, it's the 2nd Aura you want to be present after AoPM is already there. Everywhere else it can be the 3rd Aura present after AoPM and AoED are already there.

AoPM - increases everyone's damage significantly. AoPM actually increases damage more than AoAC or AoED when there is not another AoPM around. It makes poorly geared toons perform much better and significantly buffs the crit rate of high-end DPS. Critically needed at all Eidos and Dinos. The first Aura you want in the group because it buffs damage, survival, and other auras.

In terms of how frequently these passives are present, here's what I've observed ordered from most to least common:
    1. AoPM
    2. AoRP
    3. AoAC
    4. Nanites
    5. AoED

--

So if you're going to take 2 passives, take one from the Survival Support section and the other from the Damage Support section. If 3 passives, then take whichever 3rd one you feel would be the most useful + least common.

Based on the above, I'd suggest taking AoPM + AoED. And then for your 3rd choice whatever you feel like.

In terms of which powers to drop to make room for 2 more passives and 8 adv points, I'm happy to make suggestions but would need to be looking at a full build. Make one or pick one from from this thread and I can suggest stuff to drop.
    Post edited by kamokami on
    edited April 2018
    Now that I got a Second Opinion I made my choice, Don't worry about the build it's gonna be boring anyway
    I already have support focused characters ingame with one of each Auras by the way >_>​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    I think it important to note that when you're taking AoRP, you either get it to rank 3 or don't slot it at all. The AoRP bug where a rank 1 or 2 AoRP mix in with a Rank 3 AoRP can and will break the block of many players effected by the aura and take full damage , despite blocking.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    OK, so for this one: Fire Healer - DPS/Healer dual passive - Freeform, v2.3.2-28

What would be a good order to get skills while leveling? the listed skills don't have any actual attacks until level 29. :p I actually spent quite a bit of time using Celestial Conduit until I was able to get Pyre.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User
    In the Pure Healer AoPM which skill can slot out to put AoAC?

Why? Because AoPM is the most used aura in Cosmics and wanted to switch in the moment my Auras is override by another toon with more Gear/PRE, but is the less seen in Alerts that's why need to switch them.
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    In the Pure Healer AoPM which skill can slot out to put AoAC?

Why? Because AoPM is the most used aura in Cosmics and wanted to switch in the moment my Auras is override by another toon with more Gear/PRE, but is the less seen in Alerts that's why need to switch them.

Of the powers there, I would probably switch out Ascension if I wanted to add a second aura. Another option would be to replace Life Essence & Wisp w/ an AoE like Arcane Vitality that doesn't need an additional debuff power, but that limits your AoE healing capabilities somewhat.
    OK, so for this one: Fire Healer - DPS/Healer dual passive - Freeform, v2.3.2-28

What would be a good order to get skills while leveling? the listed skills don't have any actual attacks until level 29. :p I actually spent quite a bit of time using Celestial Conduit until I was able to get Pyre.

Yeah none of these are leveling builds.

I use a separate leveling build for all my new characters, blast my way to 40, and keep the character blank until I have an idea for a build. Then retcon to whatever.

If you really would prefer to level with a healer, just take any spammable aoe of your choice as soon as possible. Pyre is fine.
    I just added an attack and retconned out of it repeatedly. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
    Ascension also works really well as a GTFO. It doesn't ramp up like other travel powers. Saves your stars when cosmics are going wrong and you've used your rez already.
    Ascension? is that a teleport variant or what?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Ascension? is that a teleport variant or what?

It's an active offense that buffs healing, damage, and grants flight for its duration.
  • insanely fast flight with no buildup time, too​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Hmm... yet another thing to try using some time. :)
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    Someone previously asked if a healer munitions build is possible and I was wondering the same thing. I made this build because I was thinking that munitions and heals couldn't really go together until I found out munitions has the armor piercing debuff. How does the debuffs work in munitions and could this build work?

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&amp;n=Munitions Debuff Build&amp;d=16320i0000000630M381008203850C7C038E008A098J0C7B03K504K800ER009D03EQ047U000mTP0Lvo0V2f100000000

edited July 2018
    kjames91 wrote: »
    Someone previously asked if a healer munitions build is possible and I was wondering the same thing. I made this build because I was thinking that munitions and heals couldn't really go together until I found out munitions has the armor piercing debuff. How does the debuffs work in munitions and could this build work?

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&amp;n=Munitions Debuff Build&amp;d=16320i0000000630M381008203850C7C038E008A098J0C7B03K504K800ER009D03EQ047U000mTP0Lvo0V2f100000000

Depends on what you mean by "work". The Healer builds in this thread are capable of solo healing every endgame encounter. Except for Eido as that is not reliably solo-healable.

That build would not meet that criteria. I'll re-post my reply when this came up earlier in the thread.
    kamokami wrote: »
    Certainly doable. The guidelines that many of the Healer/DPS builds follow are essentially:
    - Use strong single target heals for emergency situations
    - Have Sentinel Mastery
    - Use in-set AoE heals to deal damage and heal yourself+the group at the same time

This last point of "deal damage and heal at the same time", instead of swapping between one and the other is what sets these builds apart in terms of mechanics from just any other healer that has an attack.

Debuffs in munitions work like debuffs in every other powerset. Armor Piercing in particular reduces the target's resistance to Piercing and Crushing damage.

Here's a setup with slight modifications to your power selection that would be solo-heal capable for cosmic fights:

Powers
    Level 1: Steady Shot
    Level 1: Burst Shot (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Killer Instinct
    Level 8: Medical Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Arcane Vitality (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes, Open Wound)
    Level 20: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Conviction (Reverence)
    Level 26: Compassion
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 38: Resurrection Serum
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    Oh I see. What I meant by working is that when you get a high dps powerset, but add compassion and heals, it lowers the damage. My thought was "Ok, if I had a build that didn't damage, but just debuffs like a healer/support does, how does that work?" Your explanation answered the question, I appreciate your response.
    kjames91 wrote: »
    Oh I see. What I meant by working is that when you get a high dps powerset, but add compassion and heals, it lowers the damage. My thought was "Ok, if I had a build that didn't damage, but just debuffs like a healer/support does, how does that work?" Your explanation answered the question, I appreciate your response.
    Np. If you're looking to build primarily a DPSer that can heal, as opposed to a Healer that can deal damage, I suggest heading over into the Endgame DPS Build Guide and creating the build with the steps outlined and then picking up some heals for your leftover powers.

For the builds that just focus on debuffs and not damage, check out the Healer/Debuffer section in this thread. You could substitute some of the attacks there for munitions debuff appliers.
  • Looking for a little feedback on my version of the dual passive TK Ranged Healer - DPS/Healer dual passive - Freeform (Any / Multiple). Made a few changes to moves like getting another toggle form to really increase damage

Link to this build: http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&amp;n=TK Ranged Healer - DPS/Healer dual passive&amp;d=16320iKOJYZP061011K000K504K403K703OC00MG03FC00FG00F9031L00GI05FL09FQ03GK032W9Z1Dlt0DOD100000000&amp;e=
    v3.1:30

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Radiance
    Level 1: Conviction (Reverence)
    Level 6: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Compassion
    Level 14: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Mental Precision
    Level 20: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 23: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Thundering Return
    Level 29: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Deplete)
    Level 32: Telekinetic Barrage (Rank 2, Instill Doubt)
    Level 35: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Flight (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (2/3)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    edited August 2018
    Looking for a little feedback on my version of the dual passive TK Ranged Healer - DPS/Healer dual passive - Freeform (Any / Multiple). Made a few changes to moves like getting another toggle form to really increase damage

Link to this build: http://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=30&amp;n=TK Ranged Healer - DPS/Healer dual passive&amp;d=16320iKOJYZP061011K000K504K403K703OC00MG03FC00FG00F9031L00GI05FL09FQ03GK032W9Z1Dlt0DOD100000000&amp;e=
    v3.1:30

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Conviction (Reverence)
    Level 14: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Mental Precision
    Level 20: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 23: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Telekinetic Barrage (Rank 2, Instill Doubt)
    Level 35: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Flight (Rank 2)

Specializations

It looks good. Not much to say here in terms of what to change. Since you are dual passive, consider an aura like AoPM, AoAC, AoED, or AoRP instead of Seraphim.

• thanks kamokami, if I wasn't dual passive but had compassion and seraphim, and the fight didn't require much healing would I be better off going DPS or Hybrid if I had another set of gear which decreased my PRE but increased my DEX
    thanks kamokami, if I wasn't dual passive but had compassion and seraphim, and the fight didn't require much healing would I be better off going DPS or Hybrid if I had another set of gear which decreased my PRE but increased my DEX

Well if you went DPS role, you'd lose Seraphim's buff. You'd be better off staying in Hybrid in that scenario. I suggest taking on a big spike like Mental Impact so that you can still easily clear DPS checks while in Hybrid role.
  • petilocapetiloca Posts: 1 Arc User
    In the tk ranged dps build, is there any change I could make to add a rez other skill?
    petiloca wrote: »
    In the tk ranged dps build, is there any change I could make to add a rez other skill?
    Drop a power you aren't using much, add a res power?
  • Looking for feedback on below build, possibly as a replacement for the TK Ranged I have been using created by kamokami, found that energy was hard to come by in Hybrid mode so hopefully this build will help with that. Not a lot different to TK but Telepathic scales with presence and t

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener)
    Level 11: Compassion (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 17: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 20: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 23: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Shadow of Doubt
    Level 35: Mind Break (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics
    Level 35: Mystic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
  • jemdax1jemdax1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I have borrowed some elements of the Magic Healer/Dps build and come up with the following. I would be really grateful for your feedback as this is the first build I have ever pulled together myself.

So far testing is pretty good but I'd be really grateful for some advice from more experience players, is this likely to hold up at end game?

Magic Healer Build - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.11:30

Super Stats
    Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
    Level 10: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Grimoire (Int: 10, Ego: 10, Pre: 10, Rec: 8)
    Level 6: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 9: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Intimidating (Pre: 8)

Powers
    Level 1: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 8: Condemn (Redemption Denied, Dark Rune)
    Level 14: Redemption (Salvation)
    Level 17: Aura of Arcane Clarity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Thundering Return
    Level 23: Soul Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Masterful Dodge
    Level 29: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Eldritch Shield
    Level 35: Crashing Incantation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Teleportation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Flight

Specializations
    Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
    Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
    Intelligence: Revitalize (3/3)
    Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)

Devices
    Slot 1: Become Doomlord
    Post edited by jemdax1 on
  • jaysankjaysank Posts: 45 Arc User
    First, is the build supposed to have Intelligence PSS? It doesn't help with healing at all since none of your healing abilities have cooldowns. If you aren't getting it for the damage from Detect Vulnerabilities (which you probably wouldn't want on a healer/DPS since it requires gearing for INT over PRE) I would suggest sticking with PSS Presence. Much better utility in the Specialization tree and more useful for gearing anyway.

You have both AoAC and AoPM. Neither are particularly useful for dealing damage by yourself. If you want to support and dps with dual passives, try picking a passive that ups your damage, Like AoED, or a passive you can put in Ranged Damage role like Shadow Form.

You don't have an energy unlock. While you might get away with it in Support Role, If you go to hybrid or DPS, You will be using your Energy Builder alot. You could try Conjuring, but you would need a reliable way of applying curses, like Will O' The Wisp or the corrupting force adv on Condem. Speaking of curses, You should try to fit a power that can apply Hexed, as resistance debuffs can go a long way towards Buffing damage.
  • jemdax1jemdax1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback.

I went for Int, which I know is an unusual choice for a healer because of the CD reduction it gives with Presence as an SS and the intent was to gear for Presence.

I picked AoAC and AoPM as it was suggested in another thread these were two of the strongest group buffing passives but also quite common and so I took two in order to have a backup to switch too.

Also my reasoning for picking AoAC rather than AoED is that in the original build the main source of damage was Crashing Incantation which has a 90 second CD, between AoAC and the CD reduction from Revitalize it is was my hope that I will be able to use this ability much more often when solo it also helps with things like the CD on Masterful Dodge and Self Rez etc.

I found it really difficult to fit an energy unlock in the build so I have gone without an energy unlock, the int appears to have made energy usage pretty efficient so not struggling to much, however only level 30 at the moment.

I may go back to the original build which included all of your above suggestions and try and tweak it rather than creating my own for now.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    These builds are meant to be retconned into, right?
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    These builds are meant to be retconned into, right?
    Well, you could do your leveling in a vehicle, or team up with someone, but other than that, yeah, kinda hard to level characters without any attacks.
    Well, some of them have one or two attacks... You could just start your leveling by getting that ASAP. the fire dps/healer build has both Pyre and Incinerate. You could get those as soon as they're available and go from there.

Speaking of which...
    Powers
    1: Radiance
    1: Conviction (Reverence)
    8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    11: Compassion
    14: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    17: Masterful Dodge
    20: Fiery Embrace
    23: Fiery Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    26: Thermal Reverberation
    29: Pyre (Burning Sun)
    32: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    35: Incinerate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Burninator)
    38: Flashfire (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    I was thinking of replacing Pyre, Flashfire, or both with Moonstruck. How much of a good or bad idea would that be?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters