test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Introducing the Blazing Archetype!

edict#8422 edict Posts: 108 Cryptic Developer
The power of Blazing Fire comes to your hands, Champions. The flames of justice rage on. As The Blazing use your short to medium range attacks to apply Clinging Flames to your enemies. The more the flames rage the more you can heal the injuries inflicted on you and your allies. You control the devastating element of fire, creating and shaping it to your will. Whether hurling flaming projectiles or erupting into a deadly firestorm, you leave a blazing swath of destruction in your wake. This new archetype is available in the Z-store right now! Get a quick look here!

Comments

• wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    So, it's a Support AT, right?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Healer actually
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User

Healer actually

Which is what a Support AT is.

So much for hoping for a Fire reskin of Conviction.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    It's actually not a bad combative healer. I think the best combo for it is to take Warmth and Absorb Heat. Spend more time fighting to get those form stacks and get CF up and running. If you need to heal an ally directly, use Warmth. If you're healing a tank or need to self-heal, use Absorb Heat. The AT should have Clinging Flames on everything, and the healing strength makes Absorb Heat that much more potent for an emergency heal.

I am a bit unsure of only Recovery scaling on the form. It's just one of those stats where its investment depends on another stat. Recovery reaches its hard cap quickly, so maybe a mod or two into Endurance will help prevent the excess Recovery from being wasted. Max Energy Gear and Mods might also be good. Will say that the AT doesn't have to worry about energy at all. With Thermal Reverb and such high Recovery, it pretty much gains back everything it uses instantaneously.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so how close is "stand close to people with clinging flames on "?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    > @chaelk said:
    > so how close is "stand close to people with clinging flames on "?

Last I remember it was something like 50 feet. I never really had a problem getting Thermal Reverb to proc. I think it even procs multiple times if you have a lot of targets afflicted by CF.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    deadman20 said:

It's actually not a bad combative healer. I think the best combo for it is to take Warmth and Absorb Heat. Spend more time fighting to get those form stacks and get CF up and running. If you need to heal an ally directly, use Warmth. If you're healing a tank or need to self-heal, use Absorb Heat. The AT should have Clinging Flames on everything, and the healing strength makes Absorb Heat that much more potent for an emergency heal.

I am a bit unsure of only Recovery scaling on the form. It's just one of those stats where its investment depends on another stat. Recovery reaches its hard cap quickly, so maybe a mod or two into Endurance will help prevent the excess Recovery from being wasted. Max Energy Gear and Mods might also be good. Will say that the AT doesn't have to worry about energy at all. With Thermal Reverb and such high Recovery, it pretty much gains back everything it uses instantaneously.​​

I'm really tempted to level this AT up. It seems like it would be a good Support/DPS type healer. Too bad outside of raids there's not much teaming that goes on in-game. :/ As this AT seems like a perfect team healer.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    gradii said:

riverocean wrote: »

I'm really tempted to level this AT up. It seems like it would be a good Support/DPS type healer. Too bad outside of raids there's not much teaming that goes on in-game. :/ As this AT seems like a perfect team healer.

"raids" pff.. also it's a good thing not to be forced to team.​​

No one said for you to do raids if you don't want to. All in all, I think this AT is a great step for CO. Makes a good Healer and DPS, if you have to. Very good work CO, can we have more ATs like this? They would be useful for raids and new players to Cosmics. :)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    End game battles then :P
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    gradii said:

Again this word "raids" lol. I like the AT too I just wish they'd add support which wasn't just more healing.​​

*banishes Dazee to Telios tower*
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I'm casually leveling this AT up now. I had some spare Zen so I bought it as opposed to subbing B). So far it's not bad and I can see the potential. It feels like it does a little more DPS than some of the other healing AT's but is kind of squishy until around level 15. Also 'Warmth' is way more useful than 'Nova Flare' as a heal. But overall, it's not a bad option for Silvers or AT lovers.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!