test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/7/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2017 in Release Notes
Winter
The first week of the Winter Event is upon Millennium City! This week you can find presents all around Millennium City! Open them for goodies! Every week we will be adding new goodies to the store and new perks to get!
  • Renamed some of the winter costume items to match naming conventions.
  • Added a yellow holiday cracker reward box. This item drops from opening gifts in the open world and contains a random yellow quality winter costume. Stacks to 20.
  • Added Wintertide gear to the store. This gear adds bonuses to XP when 3 are equipped.
  • Added Holiday Train vehicle to the store.
  • No new costumes this week, there will be plenty in the coming weeks!
  • The Holiday Action Figure mission reward has been reduced to 2 tokens (from 10), but is now repeatable. These missions have a 5 minute cooldown.
  • Added additional Snowball perks.
  • Kigatilik is very festive.
  • For those curious about the sky over Millennium City, when the sky for Canada was corrected a while back this also corrected the Millennium City Winter Event sky.

Added the following modifications to the Winter Store, these mods will become available through the Finkle Foundry Alert and Clarence Open missions later on as well:
  • Cold Resistance + Knock Resistance
  • Cold Resistance + Defense
  • Elemental Resistance
  • Bonus threat when using Cold damage typed attacks.
  • Reduced threat when using Cold damage typed attacks.

Drifter
  • Added Fire Cloud aura.
  • Known issue: Drifter is currently not offering Winter event currency for Drifter Salvage. This will be fixed next week.

Power Changes
  • Made some backend changes to all Forms. This should have no player facing effects.
  • Known issue: Some Focus based forms are adding an extra stack of Focus, this will be corrected next week.

Electric Form
  • Corrected the tooltip on this power where it stated how much energy it gave. In reality the amount of energy it gave is based on the amount of electrical damage you receive.
  • Fixed a bug where the amount of energy you receive was not getting multiplied properly by incoming damage.

Incinerate
  • Fixed a bug where this power was getting canceled by Incapacitates.

Fireball
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Illuminated on targets when charged at least halfway

Pyre
  • New Advantage (3): Fully charging the power applies a healing rune at your location.

Fire Breath
  • New Advantage (2): Fully maintaining the power paralyzes your primary target and stuns secondary.

New Power: Fiery Embrace
  • Self Rez
  • Revives you at partial health.
  • Applies Clinging Flames and Engulfing flames to attackers.

New Power: Smoldering
  • Form
  • Grants you a stack of Empathy whenever you apply a Burning effect. Empathy grants bonus to healing. Scales with Recovery.

New Power: Hearth
  • Support Passive
  • Increases Elemental damage.
  • Increases Elemental and Fire resistance.
  • Increases Healing and Shielding effects.
  • Small heal to nearby teammates.
  • Chance to apply Clinging Flames to attackers.

New Power: Warmth
  • Single target heal.
  • Increases your resistance while healing an ally.
  • Advantage (2): Applies Illumination on a friendly target.

New Power: Nova Flare
  • Heals allies in a small radius, short cooldown.
  • Applies Fiery Escalation to you, increasing the heal of the power every stack.
  • Ranking up this power causes it to heal less per hit, but hit multiple times.
  • Advantage (2): Applies breakfree damage to allies.

New Archetype: The Blazing
This archetype can be purchased in the ZEN store. Free to subscribers.

Support Role
Presence - Recovery - Constitution
Specializations: Sentinel - Overseer
  • Level 1: Throw Fire
  • Level 1: Fire Strike
  • Level 6: Firebreath OR Fireball
  • Level 8: Hearth
  • Level 11: Nova Flare OR Warmth
  • Level 14: Smoldering
  • Level 17: Absorb Heat OR Pyre
  • Level 21: Fire Shield
  • Level 25: Thermal Reverberation
  • Level 30: Flame Prison OR Heat Wave
  • Level 35: Flashfire
  • Level 40: Fiery Embrace OR Rise from the Ashes
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• canadascottcanadascott Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Festive Kigatilik? Ho ho ho oh no....
    /CanadaBanner4.jpg
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Can't remember, is there usually double XP at some point during the winter event?
  • behemothking#9246 behemothking Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    kaizerin said:

Power Changes

• Made some backend changes to all Forms. This should have no player facing effects.
    ​​
    What exactly does this mean? Will forms no longer fail to stack and refresh at Kiga runs? Does it make it so that forms don't become untoggleable? Will forms no longer look like you have two of the same form on at a time? Will forms no longer show up as stackable 9 times?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

What exactly does this mean? Will forms no longer fail to stack and refresh at Kiga runs? Does it make it so that forms don't become untoggleable? Will forms no longer look like you have two of the same form on at a time? Will forms no longer show up as stackable 9 times?

Those all feel like "player facing effects".
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer

Not player facing means just that, it's nothing that a player should be able to notice.
    It's being mentioned in the patch notes in case there are any new bugs with forms, as that's always a possibility.​​
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Yeah, a bug with some focus forms. Form of the Tempest is one for sure. (I have confirmed it)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Winter

• For those curious about the sky over Millennium City, when the sky for Canada was corrected a while back this also corrected the Millennium City Winter Event sky.
    ​​
    It's byootiful
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User

Yeah, a bug with some focus forms. Form of the Tempest is one for sure. (I have confirmed it)

Form of the Master as well is bugged. So, beware when using your forms that have focus.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    The gear in vendor should have been boe at the very least, it would have made the pieces worth grinding for. As it stands I'll stick with the boa gear that can be reused.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    New additions new bugs~
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • behemothking#9246 behemothking Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    kaizerin said:

Power Changes

• Known issue: Some Focus based forms are adding an extra stack of Focus, this will be corrected next week.
    ​​
    Another bug: Forms are not dropping stacks on retoggle or toggle to form that applies same form buff.

Dragon powers do not apply Rush with Focus stacks gained from stacking Form of the Master or Form of the Tempest. This will be fixed with the next patch as well?
    kaizerin said:

• Applies Fiery Escalation to you, increasing the heal of the power every stack.
    ​​
    Nova Flare applies specializations, like Fortify from Sentry tree, only once.

Using the power at Rank 3 doesn't show up as three separate orbs being thrown.
    Post edited by behemothking#9246 on
  • kgorkgor Posts: 10 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Snobl prks O3o

Snobls?! °O°
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    This patch removed the free retcon from my HW/Fire tank. I was planning on saving it when the new support fire powers arrived. So much for testing a fire off-tank build...
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Bug:

- Warmth does not seem to be healing others. Self heal is ever so slightly delayed as well, but works.
    - Fiery Light states that it is a Crushing and Piercing resistance debuff. Please correct.
    - Thundering Return now states that it grants 10,000% / 15,000% / 20,000% of your energy when you take damage post activation. This appears to be translating in game as well with those values to some extent. Please adjust.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited December 2017

This patch removed the free retcon from my HW/Fire tank. I was planning on saving it when the new support fire powers arrived. So much for testing a fire off-tank build...

It does seem like free retcons have randomly disappeared from some characters. I wonder if they have a timeout or something (for example, I had a character who still had Ego Surge, and the free retcon vanished).
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    If they do have a timeout that's new. They never had one prior to this update. I wouldn't put it past Cryptic to do that though
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Winter
    Pyre
    • New Advantage (3): Fully charging the power applies a healing rune at your location.

New Power: Smoldering
    • Form
    • Grants you a stack of Empathy whenever you apply a Burning effect. Empathy grants bonus to healing. Scales with Recovery.

Well, I tried. Other than these things, the rest is pretty good though, so thanks for that.

Edit: Also, the retcon thing is unfortunate. I'm glad I at least sent my now-defunct fire-and-other-things character to the powerhouse to use it last week, even though she's currently bare since I still haven't decided what to do with her yet.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,086 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2017
    I'll be doing some investigating on the lost freespecs thing, as I'm unaware of them having any sort of timer. Their only limitation should be that they do not stack.​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    How is Winter Present not a vanity item? I have the Fun Nullifer Device to prevent junk item in my inventory.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    BUG: EVENT STORE
    STEAMPUNK BACK AND LEGS ARE SHOWING AS BLUE but i checked and i have them.
    @kaizerin

--------------
    fun nullify affects things which you get attacked with.
    giving a present is not an attack and has a 5 minute CD
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • genericheronamegenericheroname Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yep, Dragon powers are not applying rush properly. It acts as if you have only one stack of focus, regardless of the amount you stacked. Tested it on both FOTM and FOTT.
  • rigkentrigkent Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not sure if this is intended, but Aspect of the Machine now makes Enraged stacks instantly fall off.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    BUG:
    when mailing parts, if you left click on them instead of right. it turns off INTERACT WITH MAIL
    you have to go to character select and back to reset
    @kaizerin
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I got news that Confront mods are broken from some sources. Like they reduce threats instead of gaining. Can you look into this?
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    https://i.imgur.com/fwRoW4Y.png

Tested by Vixy, I think that patch will have to be quicker than 1 week..It's kind of screwing up the end game if it's true.

• monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    blockwave said:

Tested by Vixy, I think that patch will have to be quicker than 1 week..It's kind of screwing up the end game if it's true.

Good. My Confront r9 x2 became just a scrap. o3o
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    blockwave said:

Now that people know what's going on they just need to manage their own threat a bit better for a few days.
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure Eido won't happen for while.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 767 Arc User
    We just managed to finish it, it was very rough, these form bugs, etc are really, really making it tough, but we finally got him down after a long time trying.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    monaahiru said:

I'm pretty sure Eido won't happen for while.

I can't remember the last time it actually DID happen.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

All the time, these days: see here

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

Fire off-tank works great. Fire main-tank works great.

Now I want to make a Fire Healer.

I wish we had gotten some Fire Melee in this patch, though.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • jojenmaihemjojenmaihem Posts: 161 Arc User

I'm still waiting for Brick rework... so get in line with old forgotten powersets.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User

Fire off-tank works great. Fire main-tank works great.

Now I want to make a Fire Healer.

I wanted a Fire reskin of Conviction, but knowing that we won't get that plus fire powers wouldn't work in Lemuria in reality, I learned how to deal with disappointment.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Same. Honestly, I think they should use Telekinesis as the model going forward and have both melee and ranged paths for each framework, (see, I even put it in suggestion blue!) but I don't see that happening.
    wrathsoul1 wrote: »
    I wanted a Fire reskin of Conviction, but knowing that we won't get that plus fire powers wouldn't work in Lemuria in reality, I learned how to deal with disappointment.
    Really any reskin of conviction with a different animation pose and visual effect would be nice.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    edited December 2017

You mean heavy weapons or orange TK blades? :'3

You got it already, it's called Absorb Heat.

It happened twice today.
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

You got it already, it's called Absorb Heat.
    Which only works if you applied Clinging Flames.

Which only works if you applied Clinging Flames.

Yeah so apply clinging flames mister "I need a firey version of conviction for my non-fire character that can't apply clinging flames".