test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How we can induce players to Eidolon of Destruction and keep motivation for challanging.

All other Cosmics - Kigatilik, Qwyjibo and Teleiosaurus are kept running.
But player won't come to QWZ even while on cool down on those 3 Cosmics.

We hit Questionite / GCR/ SCR limit very easy often with just doing those 3 Cosmics.
But I would like ask people to keep challenging [Eidolon of Destruction], the most mighty huge evilness in the game.
And I think we also need developer's help to solve this problem.

I want to do more [Eidolon of Destruction]! o3o

Comments

• Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Eidolon is the only Cosmic out of the bunch that requires defeating the OMs before the Eidolon fight can even be accessed. He's simply a lot less accessible than being able to port to Dino or Ape and engage them straight away at a moment's notice.

And then there's the mindset of the group having defeated all the OMs feeling that they should be the ones exclusively having access to Eidolon and prefer not to publicly announce and invite others to join in, which I actually can understand and have no problems with.

In its current structure Eidolon is just not as PUG-friendly as the other Cosmics. The problem is that Eidolon is part of the Cosmic daily mission rotation and and basically tells the uninformed player new to Cosmics to go beat the guy without giving any context of what the fight actually involves. When they do finally jump in the fight for the first time, chances are they're just going to be berated by the more experienced players for their slip-ups and asked to sit out.

Which brings me to the opinion that the Cosmic mission NPC should give some sort of instructions in text or video form to players new to Cosmics on what to expect so that they're better prepared and have some idea on what to expect in the fight, especially with Eidolon and having to defeat the OMs first.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    eidolon gets started secretly, as needed to get the first bit done. then we get the announcement "bring your best dps in dps build with dps passive"
    that kind of tells players that unless you have a high powered dps, don't bother turning up.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Nearly every run I've been a part of...and I've been a part of pretty much every run...has been announced in the public chat once the boss was unlocked.

So at this point, almost no one's a newbie to the main fight. There's also a great deal of info and videos of the fight for anyone who does happen to start now - see my signature.

The difficult part is inviting people in public chat to help with the unlocking. Because of the way OMs scale, because they need to be beaten at the same time to unlock the boss, because they each require an Offtank, a Healer, a Main Tank, and DPS that do a decent level of damage (~3k DPS for a 5 min parse)....it's all a big pain to organize and coordinate with a large group. I don't do it and I don't see anyone else complaining about exclusivity doing it. So public unlocking is basically non-existent....not because people don't know how....not because there's some secret group that somehow magically prevents people from doing it themselves...but because it's a PITA to organize in public chat.

So what should be done? Giant group unlocks are highly unlikely to ever become standard so get your SG or a small group of friends together to unlock the boss and then let everyone know he's up.
  • Options
    monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    There are two conditions necessary to activate Eido. 1st, Vixy. 2nd, people listening to Vixy. o3o
    I feel most of new Cosmic challengers in game doesn't read in forums, and doesn't even have idea how to activate Eido by doing QWZ OM bosses and what to do in Eido.

It wasn't so easy to me to understand because I'm not native in English but even though I('m becoming able to do bit by bit.

But the most part making people giving up is, mostly of the players hitting GCR/Questionite reward limit before doing Eido.
    Some new reward should make people return to Eido.

I want [Summon Vixy] device. o3o
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Doing something about the all or nothing reward system might help. Removing 'antileech' system that prevents players without optimized/minmax builds from getting rewards simply because their chosen theme build couldn't put out the minimum dps. Getting rid of the travel power remover is another way to help. Getting rid of the one shot mechanics or the absurd damage would be another way.

There are a lot of ways to make cosmics challenging with out resorting to cheap mechanics.
  • Options
    monaahiru said:

But the most part making people giving up is, mostly of the players hitting GCR/Questionite reward limit before doing Eido.

The way caps are communicated is pretty confusing. Eido shares cap tables with the other cosmics on questionite. But has his own table for GCR/SCR.

Meaning you can get GCR from EIdo 3x/day even after you hit your cap on the other cosmics. Although your questionite reward will be lower.
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    Not to take anything away from the effort put into making guides by some of the very helpful community members, but I don't see why Cryptic can't come up with their own introductory basic guides on what to expect when fighting any of the cosmics, like certain attack / one-shot mechanics to look out for.

Players starting out with Cosmics aren't automatically going to be forumers to know that there are guides on the forum or even the existence of the public channel. I don't think it hurts to have some introductory guides made accessible at the liason NPC.
  • Options
    draogn said:

Doing something about the all or nothing reward system might help. Removing 'antileech' system that prevents players without optimized/minmax builds from getting rewards simply because their chosen theme build couldn't put out the minimum dps. Getting rid of the travel power remover is another way to help.

None of those things are at Eido.

Players starting out with Cosmics aren't automatically going to be forumers to know that there are guides on the forum or even the existence of the public channel. I don't think it hurts to have some introductory guides made accessible at the liason NPC.

That would be really cool
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I sort of given up trying to do Eido months ago. Spending more than an hour only to fail was extremely frustrating. I figured, I can just do my art instead of doing Eido which has like a 50% success rate(and this is fusion success rate). However, it is nice to hear that recently, Eido runs have been going swell.

If there were more rewards for killing Eido(besides the boring Shadow D costume pieces or the edgy throne), players would probably be more interested in doing it.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    kamokami said:

monaahiru said:

The way caps are communicated is pretty confusing. Eido shares cap tables with the other cosmics on questionite. But has his own table for GCR/SCR.

Meaning you can get GCR from EIdo 3x/day even after you hit your cap on the other cosmics. Although your questionite reward will be lower.
    Ah, I didn't notice this. TY for pointing. I wanna do Eido for more and more. o3o
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited November 2017

I sort of given up trying to do Eido months ago. Spending more than an hour only to fail was extremely frustrating.

I can relate, for me it's more about availability, not that I don't want to help, it's more to do no thanks for timezone differences, when the 'prime-time congregation' is early morning for me, like 5am+ and by that time I should be asleep so that doesn't help, attempting earlier their is lack of players, lately I just haven't felt motivated playing CO at all, when I come on I'd like to do something, like checklist the Vigilance and Dailies but waiting 30mins+ for one round isn't fun, considering having over 40 Dragon's to tend to, it's rather draining, as much as I'd like to get those costume pieces to give Shadow a Dark lord appeal, I've just conceded that I won't get it anytime soon or at all, so whatever, life goes on. :dissapointed:
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    So much this. I've never understood why a company would put out a product and leave out the instructions, hoping that they players will set up guides somewhere. I think I played CO for 1.5 years before I even discovered the forums.

Have there been Edio runs recently? I haven't even seen the bring your top dps call outs. Haven't seen more than 1 or 2 TA call outs in the last couple weeks.

Not to take anything away from the effort put into making guides by some of the very helpful community members, but I don't see why Cryptic can't come up with their own introductory basic guides on what to expect when fighting any of the cosmics, like certain attack / one-shot mechanics to look out for.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    At least I did at November 8th. That's the last run I did. I'm starving to do Eido so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVcxgFugjxw

36 more kill to get perk and nice costumes... Long way to do.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    kamokami said:

So at this point, almost no one's a newbie to the main fight.

In the original post, the question was how to get more people to do Eidolon. If you succeed at this, you'll be getting a lot of newbies to the fight. Hell, I'd be one myself. And if you have to have high DPS (and the requests that do occasionally appear seem to demand that very thing), that's going to let me out - I've never concentrated on squeezing every last point of DPS out of any of my builds, because I want to play superheroes, not fighting machines.

Seen from the outside, though, there just seems to be too high a barrier to access. You can't fight Eidolon until you've completed four other fights within a given time limit, once you do you have to complete this entire circus several times to get a good drop, and if you don't happen to have an hour or so at a time to spare, you just can't even try. (I don't have that kind of time myself - one of the things I like about CO is that it doesn't generally require a large amount of time to be set aside just to play the basic game. Compare, for instance, the time for a lvl 13 toon to clear the missions around the docks, with how long it takes to run one or two missions at that level in STO.) It's like standing outside a large brick wall, from which you can hear voices on the other side telling you how much fun they're having doing something you can't even see, but also telling you that if you want to join in, you have to figure out how to make your own door.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    There was a run a couple days ago that I know of. I was there for 2/3 of Eido's HP to be depleted before my game crashed. (Thanks to the oh so wonderful memory leak problems that have been plaguing the game since before Cosmics) So even with all my effort to help out, I couldn't get back into the right zone to help finish defeating him, missed out on prizes, and didn't get credit for the victory.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Part of my lack of participation stems from the character I need SCR on is my (unkillable in non-cosmic content) Infernal Supernatural/Regen tank. In fact once I get Moonstruck, she'll be even tougher, but until then, based on what I read in the guides and in endgame channel chatter, she'll not be welcome as a tank, and probably not as a "tough dps" (to qupte Spinny). While I am looking at dual build, it is likely to sacrifice too much of my playstyle to be enjoyable.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Personally I'm okay with Eido as it is. It's pretty much the only content in the game that can be considered "Elite content". It's not unusual for MMOs to have content that is exclusive to a percentage of the population that is considered "the better players", and there's a very good reason for that. Compared to that type of content in other games, Eido is very forgiving - I mean let's face it, the result of having new players there generally isn't "we fail", it's more along the lines of "we don't beat him in 6 minutes... sometimes".

Monaa, what you should consider is that it's not a case of needing to get new players to be interested in Eido or anything like that. What is more likely the case is the swarm of events that we're currently seeing ( and that will apparently continue on into the new year ). During events, regular content generally tends to suffer, the "extra endgame content" like Eido, TA, and a few other fights even moreso. Even Kiga, Ape, and Dino tend to suffer less participation during events but to a lesser degree. And there really isn't much that can be done about that that doesn't involve nerfing Eido so much that the rewards would need to be nerfed - and at that point the fun is gone and it's just part of the regular gcr windmill anyways.

tl;dr - there's not much need to try to turn Eido into a popcorn cosmic, we already have three of those
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Eidolon has some requirements for the players attending, but before you even get to that part you need two things.

1) Someone willing to organize
    2) The person organizing is likeable and trusted enough to fill the requiered roles

The only person that has been able to manage that regularly so far has been Vixy. But it would be great if someone else wants to start organizing the fight too.
  • Options
    I organized once. The OMs that is. The actual Eido fight requires too much calling out for me to do it since I usually CC when I'm there.

Organizing the OMs is actually really easy, you just announce that people are gathering, where to gather, then tell people to stand in two groups depending on which OM they'd like to start at, Slug or Oub, make sure there's a tank and healer on each side, and make sure the dps are evenly divided. Then when there is ~10 people there you say "okay let's get started" and then everyone goes and does it. Oh and if nobody else volunteers to go and prep OMs then the organizer usually does it.

Organizing Eido seems to be primarily about putting the DPS into three groups according to damage type so they know which orb to focus on, and telling a healer that they're focusing on the tank. A bit more involved than the OMs since you have to keep track of what type of dps are showing up ( I think it's easy for Vixy since they've kinda gotten used to what types of people show up ). And reposting the groups during the fight if green orbs start to fail.

So I mean ultimately the real way to get more people doing Eido is literally for people to just decide to do it, rather than wait for Vixy 'n crew to start it for them.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The basic problem for organizing Eido runs is that you need a certain critical mass of skilled players or it's just a train wreck. A significant amount of the time those players just aren't on line at all, and even when they are on you have to successfully convince people that it's worth the trouble of making the attempt.
    spinnytop said:

Organizing the OMs is actually really easy, you just announce that people are gathering, where to gather...

And then two people show up. The hard part is actually getting the ten or so you need to make unlocking not a hassle.
  • Options
    jonsills said:

In the original post, the question was how to get more people to do Eidolon. If you succeed at this, you'll be getting a lot of newbies to the fight. Hell, I'd be one myself.

This is a good point. I was mostly responding to the idea the experienced players may want to keep Eido private because there are too many inexperienced players in public chat who would ruin the fight, which I don't think is the case. The boss fight is actually less fragile than any of the other Cosmics...no dogs, hearts, or scaling dps checks...so there is no reason to keep people out.
    jonsills said:

And if you have to have high DPS (and the requests that do occasionally appear seem to demand that very thing), that's going to let me out - I've never concentrated on squeezing every last point of DPS out of any of my builds, because I want to play superheroes, not fighting machines.

My hope is that people see that and think, "oh all I have to do is have high DPS? That's easy...I'll go do it"...instead of, "Oh I could never do that so I guess that's it for me".

I know this doesn't do much for the wider playerbase, but if you personally are interested in seeing how you can get decent dps out of your *existing* superheroes, I'd encourage you to check out the Endgame DPS Guide. It supports a huge variety of themes and concepts and helps your superheroes hit harder. Just check out the short and very loose Build Guidelines section in the first post:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1208228/endgame-dps-build-guide/p1
  • Options

Part of my lack of participation stems from the character I need SCR on is my (unkillable in non-cosmic content) Infernal Supernatural/Regen tank. In fact once I get Moonstruck, she'll be even tougher, but until then, based on what I read in the guides and in endgame channel chatter, she'll not be welcome as a tank.

The Eido fight only has 5 non-dps roles (out of 30) -- tank x1, cc x1, healer x3. It's likely that the people who unlocked Eido can already provide most of that, so if you're not in the unlock team, a tank probably won't be needed or helpful. However, unlocking Eido is good practice, and if what you need is SCR, regen works just fine for an off-tank in the open missions.
  • Options
    wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    Is there a list of what the Eidolon fight hands out? Like, auras, power unlocks, that sort of thing?
  • Options

And then two people show up. The hard part is actually getting the ten or so you need to make unlocking not a hassle.

Yes, I already covered that.
    spinnytop said:

So I mean ultimately the real way to get more people doing Eido is literally for people to just decide to do it, rather than wait for Vixy 'n crew to start it for them.

• Options
    So we need summon vixy or spinny device to do Eido. o3o
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    jonsills said:

I've never concentrated on squeezing every last point of DPS out of any of my builds, because I want to play superheroes, not fighting machines.

People keep saying this.. I think I see you keep saying it as well, and you always get the same response: You don't need to squeeze every last point of dps out of your build. The people actually doing Eido are not the ones saying you have to make a top-of-the-line best-dps-in-the-game at-with-bugged-drs build. It's oddly enough people who don't run Eido saying that, acting as if the people who do run it said that, while the people who do run it are actively telling them that that's not true.

I mean, if you just don't want to do the content, then say "I could do it, there's nothing stopping me, I could easily be a fully contributing member of the content, I just don't want to do it". Stop making up facts that are preventing you from doing it... especially given that you're trying to pass off those facts to people who know them not to be true. If you don't have the time to do it, that's fine, but don't perpetuate the myth that only Vixy's builds can contribute at Eido.

"Dps character in dps role with a dps passive" is not "squeeze every last point of dps". The case has always been and continues to be that those squeeze builds are over-doing it.

PS - if you're in Cosmic HQ just keep an eye out for "Eido is up". Show up for however long you can. He usually goes down in under 10 minutes. If he doesn't go down in 10 minutes, feel free to leave so you can spend your time doing other things.
  • Options
    See, Spinny, we're kind of talking past each other here. When I say I want to play superheroes, I mean I want to build a hero that fits a concept I have. For instance, my latest, Scott "Staredown" Winters, is basically a take on Cyclops, only taking into account Gail Simone's tweets where she mockingly claims his eye-beams are heat-based, rather than concussive. So, Staredown's powers, in order to fit this concept, all have to emanate from his eyepiece, or at least his face. That means I've had to pass on some useful powers, because they don't work for him - Crushing Wave and Plasma Beam, for instance, will only shoot out of the hands. He will never be welcome in these monster-hunting groups, because he doesn't fit one of those traditional roles. (Quoting Panta earlier, "The Eido fight only has 5 non-dps roles (out of 30) -- tank x1, cc x1, healer x3." I don't build toons that fit these definitions so precisely, or at least I've been told I don't put out "proper" DPS - I wouldn't know a parser if it bit me in the eyebeams, so I couldn't tell you really.)

For another example, there's Bulwark, the wannabe tank I was building. (Turns out I need to take the challenging advantage on some of his powers, because he can't seem to hold aggro.) His damage isn't all that incredible, because it's all strength melee. And his passive is Regeneration, because I wanted a toon that could just keep taking the hits without going down, because that was the concept I had in mind.

On the plus side, Staredown's concussive beams are heat-based - he started out with force powers, then added Eye Beams (basically lasers) and Fire Blast. By the time I'm done, I think I'll have compiled a list of those powers that can be made to shoot out of the face.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• Options
    It might be the call outs that say something like "Bring your best dps in a dps role with an offensive passive" that may dissuade some people. E.g. it gives the feeling that if you show up with something else you are not welcome. Probably not the intent of those sending out the invites, but it might have that affect.
    spinnytop said:

People keep saying this.. I think I see you keep saying it as well, and you always get the same response: You don't need to squeeze every last point of dps out of your build. The people actually doing Eido are not the ones saying you have to make a top-of-the-line best-dps-in-the-game at-with-bugged-drs build. It's oddly enough people who don't run Eido saying that, acting as if the people who do run it said that, while the people who do run it are actively telling them that that's not true.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    People like John just want to throw some powers into a build and have fun. They aren't interested in crap like fitting into special roles or how big those damage numbers are.

Superheroes in other media don't obsess over fitting into specific roles, they work together by figuring out how to best use they powers they have to overcome a baddie with tactics. Eidolon is your basic, role base raid found in any gear based, themepark MMO. It's all about the game and not about the flare of being a superhero.

It's a case of content catering to MMO players not to superhero fans. Telling someone like John how to improve his build or how you don't have to min/max completely ignores the reasons he plays CO in the first place. It just reinforces that his character's aren't "good enough" to participate and the way he plays the game is "wrong".​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    jonsills said:

See, Spinny, we're kind of talking past each other here. When I say I want to play superheroes, I mean I want to build a hero that fits a concept I have.

It's amazing that you've never had a concept that could coincidentally also use a combination of powers that does good dps, don't you think?

It might be the call outs that say something like "Bring your best dps in a dps role with an offensive passive" that may dissuade some people. E.g. it gives the feeling that if you show up with something else you are not welcome. Probably not the intent of those sending out the invites, but it might have that affect.

Well, that is the intent. We want people to bring actual dps characters. I'm sure most people have a character in dps role with an offensive passive ( which... I mean, if your character is in dps role with any other kind of passive, kindly report yourself for hacking o3o ). If they do, then they have something they can bring, and that is precisely what the callout indicates. The callout has nothing about "only top end builds" or "you must be one of the best in the game" or "you must have over this amount of dps" - any assumptions like that are coming from the reader, not the writer.

If they don't have a dps character, oh well. Not like we're gonna tell them to leave if they show up, cause it's not like we can make them leave. Except for that one leech.. we always tell him to leave.
  • Options
    The call out should then be something more like "bring one of your most powerful character," rather than simply dps. E.g. just saying bring dps could have a chilling effect on people who want to play a support build or just some role other than dps.
    spinnytop said:

Well, that is the intent. We want people to bring actual dps characters. I'm sure most people have a character in dps role with an offensive passive ( which... I mean, if your character is in dps role with any other kind of passive, kindly report yourself for hacking o3o ). If they do, then they have something they can bring, and that is precisely what the callout indicates. The callout has nothing about "only top end builds" or "you must be one of the best in the game" or "you must have over this amount of dps" - any assumptions like that are coming from the reader, not the writer.

If they don't have a dps character, oh well. Not like we're gonna tell them to leave if they show up, cause it's not like we can make them leave. Except for that one leech.. we always tell him to leave.

JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

The call out should then be something more like "bring one of your most powerful character," rather than simply dps. E.g. just saying bring dps could have a chilling effect on people who want to play a support build or just some role other than dps.

People have widely varying ideas about "most powerful characters". I remember when TA came out, my main was my most powerful character. He was built as hybrid DPS, with very high health, some utility powers, and DPS of not quite 2000. He did alright, and survivability was great in TA, but low damage made fights last longer.

When Cosmics began, I realized that my "best character" was not actually that great. I rebuilt--first moving away from hybrid role/DPS, then moving away from being extra tough. The character now has offensive passive and DPS of around 4000. This is by no means maxed out, and I still have some utility, and never broke theme (sorcery).

As far as other builds go, it's tough when the Eidolon call goes out, and there are already folks with each sorcery aura, and then more support folks show up, and zone fills. Does not make for a good run, or sometimes even a successful run.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The best DPS works good. But when we have good CCer knowing what to do and with 'some' good DPS in team, I think we could succeed Eido run even some newbie challenger were included in team.
    We have possibility for fail every time. If MT, CCer or Healer taking care of MT got DCed and couldn't return in time, we would fail automatic. It can happen even on all elite team.
    But if people give up and won't even try to challenge, successful rate is 0% for ever.

I won't care risk of fail, but want to keep challenging Eido. o3o
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Unfortunately that is simply too vague. As roughbear pointed out, someones most powerful character could be just about anything and who knows what sort of mess of characters we would end up having show up. Tanks and hybrids are pretty powerful in this game, so I would imagine that is primarily what we would get which would be detrimental to the effort. It would actually be better if they brought one of their less powerful characters, so long as that character is a dps role.

If someone actually wants to fill one of the tank or healer roles that are needed to be filled, when the secret elite vixy club is doing eido, then they would need to be a part of the channel. Getting in the channel is simple - do well at cosmics until you get noticed, and then fulfill the requirements the channel has. You could even just start contacting people you know are part of the club and asking them how to get in, they'll happily tell you. Like I've mentioned before, there is a concerted effort to bring people into the fold on this because we're all aware that it takes this type of organization to beat this content and we want people who would be beneficial to that process to be a part of it - also Mahoff constantly complains about not wanting to tank Eido anymore since it seems like he has to do it 90% of the time. Also the healers all want to bring their DPSers.
  • Options

The call-out is for the roles that are needed. If the call-out only mentions dps, that's because that's the only role that's needed (it's reasonably common for an additional support aura to be wanted. Other non-dps roles have usually already been filled before the call-out is made).
  • Options
    Well, since my toon that has the most Eido kills (going for that 50 kill barrier) on it is a support AoED type my choices seem to be:
    1. Show up with that build and hope that I don't get grief for it,
    2. Start the 50 kills again on a dps character.
    3. Just not join in.
    Ugh. None of those is a very exciting option, but 1) gives me the most game fun.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Well, since my toon that has the most Eido kills (going for that 50 kill barrier) on it is a support AoED type

AoED makes people do more dps. Having a 2nd one means greater coverage.
  • Options
    arimikamiarimikami Posts: 475 Arc User
    Aside from when Vexx was doing a teaching run for Eido that I couldn't take part in, I've never come across anyone calling for people to come do Eido, and I actually do missions in QWZ fairly often. I must be on at the wrong time because I almost never see anyone out there either.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Most problem should be Off-Tanks. It is very difficult to cover both MT, OT and DPS by single healer. But if we get several Healers to cover both, this means health of OM bosses scales and increased by the amount of team such like up to 800k.
    OT build preferred to have self heal not to die alone by mobs attacks. But fortunately, OT doesn't need to take much aggro such like MT. So no need to Mod any [Confront] but simple AoE attack to repeal aggro off from DPS and Healer.
    (Some of best MT can take both Aggro if covered by good Healer, but this is very rare case)
    If we have other healer in team, my healer could OT by myself if no one never touch mobs. My self heal works better then damage dealt by mobs.

So OT builds are recommended to have powerful self heal, or CCer could also work as OT.

---

We have one more serious problem. 2 MT and 2 OT, meaning for having 4 Tanks will be a huge dead weight after Eido activated. We need high DPS at this step.
    So the players are recommended to have several toons and switch. (I do this way)
    Or, taking two slotted power such like [Defiance] and [Unstoppable] in one melee build would work also good. In that case, you can do both OT and DPS using single toon.

Eido is true end game contents. It won't let us do so easy.

Look at this video. This is the Eido-run done with standard style. It takes over a hour to finish.

We were very lucky to succeed, but usually fail after less then 10 min remaining. Thanks for the both people whom never give up and whom give up and left. Both helped us to make this run succeed. Miracle!! o3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bcExzS_VSY

So my Eido win rate are kept 100% since I started to record in video except for 'practice run for beginners'. Yay! @3@

Make one single simple DPS build at first to join Eido casual. Anyone can be a help at both OM and Eido as far as you are DPS. How to build DPS is posted here, written by Vixy. DPS having purple gears with r7 Mods will be good enough to help as far as you are doing melee or ranged DPS. You can make up to 5k DPS not so difficult as far as you follow Vixy's calculation.

Learn when to block and when to attack 'Orbs'. This is the huge point to do QWZ bosses.
    Post edited by monaahiru on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    AT guide for QWZ OM bosses;

[OT] During OM bosses and if someone doing AT trying to work as Off-Tank, stay not so close to main boss, but stay close enough to healer for him/her to cover your health. Make a hope Healer has AoE heal power and could cover several team mates.

[Healer] Keep your attention ONLY toward to MT. Only care to the other while MT has enough health remaining and keep blocking. Even MT could easily die in second if he/her is not covered by any healer.
    I recommend you to change your toon to DPS after Eido activated.
    Unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to do Eido with AT healer unless all others in team-up are filled up with super elite players.
    If you still want to do Eido with your AT Healer, please take AoE advantage on your heal power. Single target Heal works only good to MT, but you also have to care CC and also 20~50 players including yourself, in a field at same time.

[DPS] Block AoE attack shows as visual effects. Keep blocking for while if you got suddenly snared (Oub). Attack orbs if it got summoned (PB&Eido). Keep attacking bosses while no AoE, snare, or orbs summoned. You are welcome to do Eido, but please equip purple gears and r7 mods for at least.

[MT] Give up. It is nearly impossible for someone enjoying F2P to grind two r9 [Confront] Mods. MT is so hardcore mode in game. FF slot is even more cheep then r9 confront Mods.

[CCer] I have no idea about AT CCer. Does we have any? o3o

At the next stage (after Eido activated) you will see a sort of nightmare 'block has no meaning' called Geyser. In that case, run to survive!! But you don't have to be so afraid during OM bosses.
    Post edited by monaahiru on
  • Options
    It's an unfortunate issue that a regular off-tank is important in the OMs and useless against Eido. A CC build can fairly easily OT Oubliette and Portal Guardian (and will be useful against Eido), but will struggle with Slug because the adds are CC immune (a CC/tank with Invulnerability will not have a lot of trouble, but you pretty much need to use support role and passive vs Eido, so dual-passive will be needed).

For AT CCers, a Mind cannot CC Eido (it doesn't have manipulator, nor does it have adequate stuns). A Witch might be able to do it, but it would be rather difficult and is a build that isn't useful for CCing either Kiga or Qwyjibo.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    BTW how many char slots F2P players can get? I want to support them somehow to see the true endgames.
  • Options
    monaahiru said:

BTW how many char slots F2P players can get? I want to support them somehow to see the true endgames.

Two for free; additional slots are 1400Z for two.

• Options
    jonsills said:

monaahiru said:

Two for free; additional slots are 1400Z for two.
    Then ppl must get DPS at first to enjoy everything free! @3@

• Options

Well, since my toon that has the most Eido kills (going for that 50 kill barrier) on it is a support AoED type my choices seem to be:
    1. Show up with that build and hope that I don't get grief for it,
    2. Start the 50 kills again on a dps character.
    3. Just not join in.
    Ugh. None of those is a very exciting option, but 1) gives me the most game fun.

4. Invest 400g and overhaul the toon you want the perk on to an in-demand role, once you have the perk retcon back to the old build.
    5. Organize the unlocking so that you are there from the start. Since it's your run you won't get grief and will help ~30 people make progress on their perk and get practice with the fight.
    6. Read up / think about the fight to see how you can meaningfully contribute with minimal changes to your build.....Orbs, Portals, and Crystals don't have debuff caps - do you have debuffs that can help others kill them? Each person needs to do just 55k dmg during the 10 secs Greens are up - can you find a way to do this with devices and burst powers? Fast rezzing is critical to prevent mistakes from snowballing into full on wipes - does your support toon have an AoE rez that can help get people up quickly? etc, etc...
    7. Use a parser to see who does well at the fight. They probably have a bunch of fights under their belt and can help you. Ask any of them for help with regards to maximizing your own contribution.
  • Options
    arimikami said:

Aside from when Vexx was doing a teaching run for Eido that I couldn't take part in, I've never come across anyone calling for people to come do Eido, and I actually do missions in QWZ fairly often. I must be on at the wrong time because I almost never see anyone out there either.

If you're looking for the callout in zone chat then you're looking in the wrong place. Join the channel "Cosmic HQ", that's where the callouts happen. It's a public channel so you don't need an invite.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Have not read through the thread, yet, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned. But, one thing that could be done to increase interest in Eddy would be to decouple the Q rewards from the rest of the Cosmics, like they have done with the GCR & SCR.

Another thing is to continue to have epicly boring events like Nighthawk that nobody wants to play.

Also, to be honest, I have not noticed any lack of enthusiasm for Eido in the past week or so. Once the Bowel Movement (BM) event was over, it is now being done multiple times per day, usually. Hell, the last few Eidos have gone smoother than the last few Dinos, that's for sure.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Have not read through the thread, yet, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned. But, one thing that could be done to increase interest in Eddy would be to decouple the Q rewards from the rest of the Cosmics, like they have done with the GCR & SCR.

Another thing is to continue to have epicly boring events like Nighthawk that nobody wants to play.

Also, to be honest, I have not noticed any lack of enthusiasm for Eido in the past week or so. Once the Bowel Movement (BM) event was over, it is now being done multiple times per day, usually. Hell, the last few Eidos have gone smoother than the last few Dinos, that's for sure.

Seriously have to agree about the events... Yeesh!
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    sterga said:

People like John just want to throw some powers into a build and have fun. They aren't interested in crap like fitting into special roles or how big those damage numbers are.

Superheroes in other media don't obsess over fitting into specific roles, they work together by figuring out how to best use they powers they have to overcome a baddie with tactics. Eidolon is your basic, role base raid found in any gear based, themepark MMO. It's all about the game and not about the flare of being a superhero.

It's a case of content catering to MMO players not to superhero fans. Telling someone like John how to improve his build or how you don't have to min/max completely ignores the reasons he plays CO in the first place. It just reinforces that his character's aren't "good enough" to participate and the way he plays the game is "wrong".​​

*agrees*

I'm a hard core supers fan. I log onto a game like CO to play and make up my own superheroes. Logging into an instance and told your themed character needs to respec his build or that you're not welcome isn't much fun. The other OM aren't as restrictive as Eidolon - so when I am on, I'll play those. They are easier to understand and tackle without too much stress.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!