test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for my first vehicle, and got interested in the Spider.

For a very long time I tried to stay way from vehicles. Cool idea, but I though that took away the charm of heroes using travel powers. Silly traditional pride, I know.
Anyway, being such newbie in the matter of vehicles, I got interested in the Spider. Mostly because of the Gravity Pulse MK 3, what will help with that boredom of unlocking Rogues perks.
So what would be the best choice?
A. try my luck with 10 keys with 10 Collector Lockboxes for the voucher?
B. try my luck with 10 keys with 10 Spider Lockboxes for the vehicle?
C. none of above
D. forget about vehicles.

I don't consider myself a lucky person. All my attempt of the gambling, that is lockboxes, never gave me anything good. Well, I lied, got the santa outfit once.
Seriously, I just want this vehicle. There is no voucher at the AH and quite possible will cost more Gs that I can handle. =/

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    You can put a gravity pulse in any vehicle, so if there's one of them in the AH you can just buy the weapon plus any vehicle you like. You're unlikely to get what you want by opening 10 lockboxes.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    Saving up G and buying a voucher or vehicle are options, too.

Someone may have a Spider up for sale right now if that's the vehicle that you have your heart set on.

If you look around, though, you may find something that you like in the Drifter store or elsewhere.
  • shaidonshaidon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Decided to try my luck by opening Collectors, and bought 20 keys with zen. Guess what? Yeah, got nothing. Neither the questionite boxes gave me more than the minimal (25000). I though "well, I spent that much money on foods and drinks that I don't need, so why not?" The difference is that at least it filled my belly.

Wish the game would at least take in consideration the amount of boxes opened, current and total, and give the player some grace by increasing the luck.

Now, to feel regret that I could have spent that money by buying a full game, instead. =/
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    Well, it probably doesn't make a huge difference now, but the best tactic when trying to acquire specific vehicles and such is to pay a flat rate for them using keys. With 20 keys, you probably could have bought two spiders in trade, with little issue. The only time opening straight lockboxes really works in your favor is when they first come out, and the items contained within it have an inflated price...or if you're an impatient cuss like me, and want your new toys Now :)
  • dreadjaws2dreadjaws2 Posts: 58 Arc User
    You know, I got two vehicles just farming for a bit in the current event. It's pretty easy, I did it only on a couple of days using only two characters. Just saying.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    the shadow one looks neat too!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Checked the AH earlier, and there's a Spider-style vehicle, the Venom, in there for 895G. So, y'know, if you've got that, there you go.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!