test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20170913.12 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Perks
  • Added Thrill of the Hunt perk. This perk requires completing the 5k defeat perks for the following enemy groups: Dogz, Sovereign Sons, Trey Kings, New Shadows, Nephilim, Evil Spirits.
  • Grants the Zombie Dance emote to your account.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the Wild Speed travel power occasionally displayed a black costume.
  • Fixed a bug where Wild Speed became invisible underwater.

giphy.gif​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    WOOHOO!

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Dammit, now I gotta find my Thriller album.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Perks
    • Added Thrill of the Hunt perk. This perk requires completing the 5k defeat perks for the following enemy groups: Dogz, Sovereign Sons, Trey Kings, New Shadows, Nephilim, Evil Spirits.

just to clarify, this is permanent, right? you don't have to earn this perk only during bloodmoon to get the emote?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
  • Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    OMG
    Thrillllerrrrrrrrrrrr =) =) =) =) =)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Sudden urge to depopulate Vibora Bay. That cemetery up in the NE corner with the high speed vampire respawns is going to get BUSY.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    So let's look at farmable locations logically:

New Shadows: NE cemetery, where the tanning bed mission is set.
    Trey Kings: Tri. Council OM
    Sovereign Sons: Do the zombies in Jurryrig's OM over at the west end count?
    Dogz: Is the Dog Pound bar accessible outside the mission?
    Nephilim: ??? Anything better than circling the High Apolistic Church for several days?
    Evil Spirits: Canada: Burial Butte and Great Bear Lake.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    yes, the dog pound bar is accessible outside the mission...you can even beat the snot out of black fang there

as for juryrig's OM, if it says sovereign sons under the zombie's name, they SHOULD count​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Perks

just to clarify, this is permanent, right? you don't have to earn this perk only during bloodmoon to get the emote?

It's not Bloodmoon specific.​​
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Oh my goodness, this is amazing. I want there to be a BM flash mob.
  • Options
    nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    So, we need the 5k kill perks for all of these groups, not just 1? And can we start farming these kills before the new perk is added? Or does it not count until then? Sorry for all the questions, never really cared much for the perk system until now, lol.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    You can get the prerequisite perks at any time (I know of someone who logged onto pts and instantly received Thrill of the Hunt cuz already had all prerequisites. I don't think I have any characters with more than three of them).
  • Options
    Would be great if the VB Apoc could be opened up for these perks to be more doable... or at least allow travel into the apoc via the mission for those who have completed it before....
  • Options
    nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User

You can get the prerequisite perks at any time (I know of someone who logged onto pts and instantly received Thrill of the Hunt cuz already had all prerequisites. I don't think I have any characters with more than three of them).

Thank you. \o/
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Anyone have a name for each of the 5k perks for these groups? Lots of perks to sort through, don't ya know.

New Shadows: Chthonic Hunter
    Dogz: Gleipnir
    Sovereign Sons: Mojo Rising
    Nephilim: Metatron
    Evil Spirits: Ghost Buster​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    The only way i know to kill 5000 nephilim fast is near the end of the VB crisis. theres a part were they spawn almost non-stop near the end of it.
    Of course, if your char already completed it, you have to play the long game.
    Must all perks be obtained in the same character?
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User

The only way i know to kill 5000 nephilim fast is near the end of the VB crisis. theres a part were they spawn almost non-stop near the end of it.

I'm 95% sure that you have to get all the perks in the same character. And you can still go to that part if you have a Port-to-someone device/if someone has the port-team device.

For Trey Kings, theres a small road nearby the Tri council with a bunch of them.
    The zombies in the Juryig Open Mission are Evil Spirits. The "Voodoo dudes", as the OM calls them, should count for Sovereign Sons though.
    I used to farm Sovereign Sons not too far from the Arcade near the starting area. Some areas around there had a pretty good-ish number of them, not sure otherwise where to go for them.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    There's no rush to get the perk. You can get it any time. The mob groups do have to be killed on the same character
  • Options
    overskrulloverskrull Posts: 22 Arc User

there's an Alley east-ish of the High Apostolic Church that's crawling with Nephilim. you pass by it while tailing one of the Dogz Couriers
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    the hedge-maze place sems like a good place to farm... um .. whatever lives there. I forget which group it is, but there's a lot and the walls keep you from getting swarmed.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    More stuff like this please!!!! It gives players a reason to visit zones... and is a nice change of pace from gear grinding!
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

the hedge-maze place sems like a good place to farm... um .. whatever lives there. I forget which group it is, but there's a lot and the walls keep you from getting swarmed.

I wouldn't recommend that. Sovereign Sons lurk there, it would be better to just farm at the circular cemetery. The one with an angel statue at the middle.

Rev your vehicles and start spamming Gravity Pulse boi!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Bug? Wild Speed doesn't stay /em REST. When you activate it he lays down but immediately pops back up.
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I know this is not important but:

BUG:
    The descriptions for Death's Embrace, Soul Beam, Magician's Dust, Entrancing and Conflagration are missing.

BUG:
    Dogz's Claw Bracer is missing the Cloth, Leather, and Metal materials to choose

BUG:
    The Wolf Sleek head doesn't have a textures choice like Cloth, Leather or Metal as well it isn't displaying detail maps on its textures as they're missing​​
    Post edited by criswolf09 on
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    BUG:
    Become Doomlord Transform Device
    As a result of the recent bugfix of the related Pestilence Slotted Passive DoT effect missing, the passive of the Doomlord no longer deals its DoT effect.
    ​​
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    Also, just to be sure
    Can the relatives from MJ sue you over the usage of the dance?
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options

Also, just to be sure
    Can the relatives from MJ sue you over the usage of the dance?

Yes, just as much as they can sue every other single person in existence who has ever done this dance.

This discussion has been closed.