test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Randomly Deleting Character Slots?

weyrbeastweyrbeast Posts: 4 Arc User
edited October 2017 in Gameplay Bugs
I used to be a Gold member and had almsot all of my characters either using Gold costume peices or Freeform.

Recently, I had one extra character slot and wanted to delete another to have two, but in order to do that I didn't want to waste whatever stuff I had in that character's inventory, so I converted him to Silver... which suddenly caused my OTHER character slot to disappear.

I ended up taking all the stuff from the character's inventory and then deleting him so I could make a new character, but I wanted to make TWO new characters, and that randomly deleted slot made that impossible.

What happened? I've converted to Silver on almost all of the previously Gold characters and this has NEVER happened before.

How do I get my slot back? I sent in a bug report in-game several days ago and have had no response whatsoever.
Post edited by weyrbeast on

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Your gold characters do not count against your maximum character slots while unsubscribed (as you cannot actually play them). If you convert the character to silver, it now counts against your maximum character slots, and thus consumes one of your empty slots.
  • Options
    But I had more characters before and converted a Gold to Silver - when I didn't have an empty slot - and everything was fine. Nothing came up telling me I needed more slots to be able to convert them, so why did it take one now?
  • Options
    Anyone able to help me? A GM still hasn't answered. :confounded:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Your Gold empty slots don't magically appear as Silver. If you have bought slots, those show Silver as well.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Subscribers get more slots than silvers. When you stop subbing, you lose those extra slots. So, if you are silver and have an empty slot, you need to making a new character asap, even if it's just a place holder toon, if you want to keep the slot.

Basically, you lost a slot you aren't "supposed" to have.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    sterga said:

Subscribers get more slots than silvers. When you stop subbing, you lose those extra slots. So, if you are silver and have an empty slot, you need to making a new character asap, even if it's just a place holder toon, if you want to keep the slot.

Basically, you lost a slot you aren't "supposed" to have.​​

That makes sense, but also sucks. Dang.